It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does God want from us

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This kinda sums it up quite nicely as well:
New Song 143 - 150 Lirics

edit on 11-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
God just wants to have a good time with good people.

He told me this himself.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
You seem to be asking this question more often. But apparently not to get an answer or to make an effort to find an answer in the bible; but to make the same line of argumentation against the caring and loving God that is described in the bible, preferring to paint God as "completely indifferent about the sins of man", i.e. uncaring (about the misery and suffering caused by sin) and thus unloving (and thus by implication, that the bible is wrong about God in this respect, thus it's also an argument against the bible as being a reliable source for information about God, hence my 2nd comment on the previous page). And painting him as someone who craves violent entertainment as much as your average human.

As we meditate on Jehovah’s activities, we need to avoid the tendency to judge God by human standards. This tendency is alluded to in Jehovah’s words as recorded at Psalm 50:21: “You imagined that I would positively become like you.” It is as one Bible scholar stated over 175 years ago: “Men are apt to judge of God by themselves, and to suppose him restricted by such laws as they deem proper for their own observance.”

We need to be careful not to shape our concept of Jehovah so as to conform it to our own standards and desires. For serious answers to the question what God wants from us, see previous page or my commentary in the other thread recently made with this question. This comment is primarily a follow up on the explanations regarding God's mercy and justice mentioned on the previous page (which also partly addresses the claim of 'indifference'/apathy regarding God, or perhaps I can call it a clue, for more details see the link at the end):

Is there a contradiction between God’s justice and his mercy?
In reality, rather than contradicting each other, God’s justice and his mercy work together and contribute to the saving of lives. Justice and mercy are two facets of his perfectly balanced personality. (Psalm 103:6; 112:4; 116:5) By undoing the wrongs of the wicked, God is showing mercy toward the rightly disposed. That evidences his perfect justice. On the other hand, being fully just, Jehovah in his mercy allows for the limitations of imperfect humans. You might put it this way: judgment where needed, mercy wherever possible. In the prophets’ messages, you can find many statements that bear out this perfect balance, showing that God wants people to gain life.

Source: see previous page, first comment

Regarding the subject of 'indifference':

Why Does God Allow Suffering? (Chapter 11: What Does the Bible Really Teach?)
edit on 1-10-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
No god fits the big dream of the universe.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The point is God does not want the same thing for His friends as for his enemies.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
The point is God does not want the same thing for His friends as for his enemies.

I Don't Care For My Friends At All...
I Prefer Enemies... Especially If They're Beautiful, Strong, And Wise... That Is A Blessing. Friends Are Lessons To Learn. Enemies Are Realities To Teach.
edit on 6-10-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

God... !?!
What Is This You Speak Of...???

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Did God create you in the image of a
Gender bender witch or something else?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

i am more like a star jumper.

edit on 6-10-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

and whats a star jumper? never heard of that phrase.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   

neither have i. it is in the video in a way. you connect the dots in the sky that are stars which eventually become constellations when you do.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

and when your dots connect do they make evil?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

there isnt evil.there is only wicked.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Pinocchio says she is the watcher. Does that make you the dagger plunger at the altar.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

star jumpers work that way. the title said go to the star that says " she gave me water"

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

you need a magnet for that maybe.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join