It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My kid and i had a convo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Should any proof be necessary when it is your child?

Yes... because encouraging belief in something that may not have actually occurred can be just as if not more damaging.

The best course of action would be to help the child try to confirm it, while still showing healthy skepticism. With that, you'll be able to teach critical thinking skills if it turns out the child wasn't actually experiencing anything paranormal, or you'll teach that you care enough to help them in a real time of need without doubting them. It's a win win
i agree 100%

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

This is only my opinion on similar situations that I have observed over the past multiple decades. The most damage that happens to children in very similar situations where their is paranormal events targeting kids, or even implied paranormal events affecting children is when the parent or parents disbelieve what they are being told. The psychological damage is usually permanent and will follow the kids for the rest of their lives. Not saying this has happened to your family, or will happen, it is just what I have seen happen.

If and when a child has paranormal events affecting them, and can find no solution because they are not believed, then the regress inward mentally and hold it in, or they become an even greater target of the oppressing agent of their torment.

How much proof is required for a parent to believe in their kids? Should any proof be necessary when it is your child?
how do i know if its real or made up

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: asinapi1

This is only my opinion on similar situations that I have observed over the past multiple decades. The most damage that happens to children in very similar situations where their is paranormal events targeting kids, or even implied paranormal events affecting children is when the parent or parents disbelieve what they are being told. The psychological damage is usually permanent and will follow the kids for the rest of their lives. Not saying this has happened to your family, or will happen, it is just what I have seen happen.

If and when a child has paranormal events affecting them, and can find no solution because they are not believed, then the regress inward mentally and hold it in, or they become an even greater target of the oppressing agent of their torment.

How much proof is required for a parent to believe in their kids? Should any proof be necessary when it is your child?

That's my whole point. It doesn't matter since your kid believes it's real, and it very well may be real. If he can't trust his dad to believe him, who can he trust? When he grows up he will remember that you didn't believe him.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You don't. That's why the best course of action you could possibly take is to show a healthy amount of skepticism without being completely dismissal about the incident. Show them you care by helping them try to prove it reasonably.

Showing this level of thought processing without blindly believing or disbelieving their words is going to go far further in their development as a critical thinker than simply encouraging their fears by instantly believing them simply because "They're your child".

Instant dismissal and instant believe are equally as damaging. This is a great opportunity to teach them how to have an healthy amount of skepticism.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

That's my whole point. It doesn't matter since your kid believes it's real, and it very well may be real. If he can't trust his dad to believe him, who can he trust? When he grows up he will remember that you didn't believe him.
i do believe him, but my goal is to teach to not be scared.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Tell him to be more afraid of the Living then the disembodied. I am a true believer I have had chit happen to me. But the worst they have done to me is move objects around.
edit on 3-4-2017 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You don't. That's why the best course of action you could possibly take is to show a healthy amount of skepticism without being completely dismissal about the incident. Show them you care by helping them try to prove it reasonably.

Showing this level of thought processing without blindly believing or disbelieving their words is going to go far further in their development as a critical thinker than simply encouraging their fears by instantly believing them simply because "They're your child".

Instant dismissal and instant believe are equally as damaging. This is a great opportunity to teach them how to have an healthy amount of skepticism.
i agree. This is a kid who's preschool teachers call the teenager because of his advanced level of logic and reasoning. So if he is lying he knows i will know and if hes telling the truth he needs me to explain it. Its hard to tell. I know it can be legit, but i don't know if hes ready for that... Does that make sense?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

Tell him to be more afraid of the Living then the disembodied. I am a true believer I have had chit happen to me. But the worst they have done to me is move objects around.
Trust me, he knows the dangers of real day to day life. This kid never needed us to child proof the house. He never put toys in his mouth. He completed 1000 piece puzzles at 2 and half. He is doing mathematical problems at 5. He could count to 100 at 4. He already knows how to spell and read.

Is he ready for this though?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well today, i was looking out the window at my wife and kids playing and i saw a little girl with blonde hair leaning over my couch with her arms crossed. Kind of looking at me like, "hi". I thought it was the neighbors daughter who was over today playing with my son. I had to take a second look and she wasn't there. The neighbor's daughter was outside with my kids. So i was pretty sure i saw an apparition .

I might have to ask my son tomorrow more details about what he saw. Right?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Well today, i was looking out the window at my wife and kids playing and i saw a little girl with blonde hair leaning over my couch with her arms crossed. Kind of looking at me like, "hi". I thought it was the neighbors daughter who was over today playing with my son. I had to take a second look and she wasn't there. The neighbor's daughter was outside with my kids. So i was pretty sure i saw an apparition .

time to set up those cameras

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

wont that scare away an entity. I mean they have to know how to avoid a camera.. Lol. Right?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: asinapi1

Get one of those devices to monitor a baby so you can hear that entity or your kid.

Spirits do not have power or presence in the physical world. The only power they have is through people engaged in serious transgression.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

Get one of those devices to monitor a baby so you can hear that entity or your kid.

Spirits do not have power or presence in the physical world. The only power they have is through people engaged in serious transgression.
explain?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

wont that scare away an entity. I mean they have to know how to avoid a camera.. Lol. Right?

Not necessarily.

Plus, wouldn't that be a good thing if that were the case?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Spirits do not have power or presence in the physical world.

From personal experience, and through several other witnesses during these experiences, I can assure you that this quoted sentence is inaccurate

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
My brothers children have seen shadow people in their house so it might be something.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

explain?

I thought I just did explain. They don't haunt children out of thin air, spirits. They can however use a gangbanger that has refused baptism and is selling illicit substances, committing adultery to commit a drive by and shoot a child. But ghosts don't haunt children's rooms, unless your talking about a gangbanger doing a drive by.

And this exorcism crap taught by the Catholic church. Holy water, etc. It's unscriptural. The scriptures say that these spirits come out of those who have transgressed seriously, like adultery, only through fasting and prayer on the part of the person who has transgressed.

They can influence our science. Lyrics in songs. TV programming moral standards. LGBT politically correct jive.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

I can't tell if you're joking or not

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Not necessarily.

Plus, wouldn't that be a good thing if that were the case?
I guess, but i really mean scare away the entity from the camera, not all together

top topics

<< 1   >>

join