It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Gate! Spy Gate! Oh me! Oh my!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Oh my! What an exciting day for news! And fake news!!! ('Cause they all can't be telling the truth
)

Watching our critters in DC has been like watching the cockroaches scatter willy nilly when the light's turned on... and I hope that's exactly what's happening to the critters... tee hee hee!

We already have Adam Schiff (D-CA) and others calling for Devin Nunes' (R-CA) head on the proverbial platter for the way he has handled the House intelligence investigation, with Nunes seemingly doubling-down and refusing to identify the source of his oh-so-mysterious intelligence documents that he viewed oh-so-secretly at the White House.

But -- oops! -- someone didn't get that memo:

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) described the source of his information about incidental surveillance of President Trump’s transition team as a “whistleblower type,” Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said Thursday.

“He had told me that a whistleblower type person had given him some information that was new, that spoke to the last administration and part of this investigation,” Ryan said Thursday on “CBS This Morning.”

Source

And Sean Spicer spilled some beans too, saying that --

...National Security Council staff discovered certain documents “in the ordinary course of business.”

Lucky for Schiff, the White House has extended a formal invitation to Schiff and the other intelligence committee members to come view the documents for themselves. And of course Schiff has accepted this invitation -- but not without some reservations:

Mr. Schiff also said the invitation raised more questions than it answered, including whether the material to be viewed at the White House was the same intelligence documents provided to Rep. Devin Nunes, chairman of the committee.

But wait! At least one source is reporting that Schiff had the power and authority to view the same exact material all along as a member of the so-called Gang of Eight -- so he didn't even need to cry and whine all over DC and the scripted media about how that crafty Devil -- oops! I mean Devin -- wouldn't share his intelligence. (I'm not a fan of this source, so I cannot vouch for it, but either they're right or they're not...)

And -- oddly enough --

One Senate intelligence source said their committee did not feel an urgent need to go to the White House to review the documents, describing the invite as a "sideshow."
Source

Really? So actually examining the evidence that everyone is so worried about is just a sideshow? Wow. Okay...

We also heard -- from two unnamed sources "with knowledge of the matter" -- that FBI Director Comey really REALLY wanted to tell we the people all about those pesky Ruskies meddling[/url] in our election waaaaaaaaaaay back in June... but mean old Obama wouldn't let him... gosh darn him!

Kinda like the Wall Street Journal report -- from nameless "officials with knowledge of the matter" -- that Michael Flynn really REALLY wants to testify before the congressional critters' intelligence hearings -- but ONLY if he can get immunity for his crimes.

And sorta like the -- likewise unsourced -- Fox News claim that the NSA really REALLY wants to share their intel docs with the congress critters, but that darn DNI won't let them -- but wait... what's this? DNI says NOT TRUE! Oh woe is me! Who to believe??? (That would be neither... they all can put up or shut up!)

Then there's the elephant in the room that neither Republican critters nor Democrat critters are talking about -- Evelyn Farkas, Obama's former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, and her very interesting statement that --

The Trump folks, if they found out how we knew what we knew about the Trump staff dealing with Russians, that they would try to compromise those sources and methods, meaning we would no longer have access to that intelligence.

-- making me wonder just who "we" is and why they had (have???) "access to that intelligence" they were deliberately withholding from the President's team... but leaking "to Democrats across Washington DC.

And, finally, the news that Crowdstrike -- you remember them? The company handpicked by the DNC to examine their servers for hacking after refusing to let the FBI examine their servers -- has had to rewrite their report and retract some damning claims about Russia in the Ukraine. Apparently they were playing fast and loose with the facts:

U.S. cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike has revised and retracted statements it used to buttress claims of Russian hacking during last year's American presidential election campaign. The shift followed a VOA report that the company misrepresented data published by an influential British think tank.
--------------------------------

In all seriousness, and I do know this is serious business -- the people's business -- I expect that in the end we will find out that Russiagate and Spygate are really one and the same issue. It's all about the out-of-control spying on ALL OF US by the critters on BOTH SIDES of the aisle.

This weekend's news cycle should be interesting. I have a feeling the floodgates are about to burst wide open

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

But wait! At least one source is reporting that Schiff had the power and authority to view the same exact material all along as a member of the so-called Gang of Eight -- so he didn't even need to cry and whine all over DC and the scripted media about how that crafty Devil -- oops!

Proof that this is all political phallic waving. They want to keep us confused, ambivalent not caring.

It is my belief that something unintended happened this past election cycle. More people gave a $ht. More people researched and dug for information. They didn't take what was happening at face value.

In response, we have this grandstanding and finger pointing that has little bearing on actual facts. Obfuscation is now the game and in a way it is working.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Wow, bravo on a great rundown and even being kind enough to help us get a few chuckles out of it while Rome burns and Nero fiddles.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

You do realize the Crowdstrike revision is about Ukiranian field artillery units, right? Not the DNC hacks.

That "source" or whatever blog you want to call a "source" is seriously misleading. They don't change their minds on who did what at all, they still point the finger at Fancybear, aka Russia.

Right here is the actual Crowdstrike article that was revised on the 23rd, like the blog you posted said. Read it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Good one, Bo.

I'm not 100% clear on connecting all the dots with this mess but it seems the dems have more dots than the pubs.

Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It is my belief that something unintended happened this past election cycle.

Me too... something broke. I've long wondered if Trump's outsider status was genuine. I don't think it matters anymore. Enough people do believe it and are acting accordingly and there is momentum for change. The winds have shifted.

But the critters won't go down without a fight. And it may get worse before it gets better. But I truly believe we are now on that trajectory -- yay!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Good one, Bo.

I'm not 100% clear on connecting all the dots with this mess but it seems the dems have more dots than the pubs.

Very interesting.

Hardly.

You want dots? You want connections? You want to see what a real conspiracy looks like?

Take a look at this seriously impressive Google doc

That's not a smoking gun, there's so much smoke you can't even see a damn gun.

I'm sorry, but you can't "fake" all that. Reality, at times, isn't what you want it to be just because you want it to be something.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Wow, bravo on a great rundown and even being kind enough to help us get a few chuckles out of it while Rome burns and Nero fiddles.

Awwwww thanks... glad you enjoyed it AND appreciate the gravity of the situation!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Right wingers are in full trigger mode right now and in denial. Even former RNC Chair, Richard Steele, is saying that Trump will be gone before his first term ends. Right wingers are circling their wagons right now. They won't admit it, but they know the game is all but over. People are going to prison and this is the biggest scandal in US political history.

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Good one, Bo.

Very interesting.

Hardly.

You want dots? You want connections? You want to see what a real conspiracy looks like?

Take a look at this seriously impressive Google doc

That's not a smoking gun, there's so much smoke you can't even see a damn gun.

I'm sorry, but you can't "fake" all that. Reality, at times, isn't what you want it to be just because you want it to be something.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

You do realize the Crowdstrike revision is about Ukiranian field artillery units, right?

Uh... duh. Right here --

And, finally, the news that Crowdstrike -- you remember them? The company handpicked by the DNC to examine their servers for hacking after refusing to let the FBI examine their servers -- has had to rewrite their report and retract some damning claims about Russia in the Ukraine.

-- is the actual quote from my OP -- bolding by me for these purposes -- NOT revised.

Read it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Good to see partisan hacks are still completely oblivious.

You can't even get the man's name right nor provide a source?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Why don't you do some homework and get out of your right wing safe space. You'll learn all the names and true sources as oppose to right wing propaganda.

originally posted by: JinMI

Good to see partisan hacks are still completely oblivious.

You can't even get the man's name right nor provide a source?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Good one, Bo.

Thank you -- and thanks for sharing the link here.

I think the shocker will be finding out just how many Republicans -- and which ones -- are and have been working handing in hand with "the enemy"... playing the loyal opposition... saying one thing knowing they will do the opposite.

Probably won't be much of a shocker here, maybe just a couple of surprises, but for the masses -- those hand fed on mainstream fake news -- it could be a real shocker.
edit on 30-3-2017 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

No, they really didn't. Read the actual Crowdstrike article instead of believing some random no-name website.

From the "updated" Crowdstrike article that your own source links to:

The collection of such tactical artillery force positioning intelligence by FANCY BEAR further supports CrowdStrike’s previous assessments that FANCY BEAR is likely affiliated with the Russian military intelligence (GRU), and works closely with Russian military forces operating in Eastern Ukraine and its border regions in Russia.

Crowdstrike

In fact this is what their "update" consisted of according to themselves:

MARCH 2017 UPDATE: The information about the combat losses of the D-30 artillery units suffered by Ukrainian forces has been updated with the latest analysis from Henry Boyd, International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) Research Associate for Defence and Military Analysis.

Your source is lying and "fake news".

edit on 30-3-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Right wingers...

Just can't find your way out of that left/right paradigm, eh?

Okay. I won't try to disabuse you of your notions.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

*hack* *hack*

Michael Steele

You trolls are so fun.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Likely is the strongest argument I've heard as well. That is not definitive proof especially after Vault 7.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

No, they really didn't.

Oh, dear. I see what you did there.

You originally inferred that I misrepresented the revisions/retractions. My quote from the OP shows otherwise. So you change the charge as if that was what you meant all along.

It's not clever, it's not cool, and it's not a save for your pride and ego.

It is what it is and folks will have to read it for themselves and judge it on its merits.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm a republican and the only description fit to describe people in the GOP now are right wingers. Or, would you rather have me call you fundamentalists or better yet, idiots.

originally posted by: Boadicea

Right wingers...

Just can't find your way out of that left/right paradigm, eh?

Okay. I won't try to disabuse you of your notions.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join