It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

His Flesh is the Word and his Blood is the Holy Spirit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

If by "have you walked it" you mean have you lived it and experienced it, then there is no sure way to know what a person tells you of their experiences and life in the Spirit except to know them and to trust and judge what they say of their experiences.

Scripture says that by their fruits shall you know them ... but here on the net, it's very hard to get a true sense of that. One of the marks of walking the walk is that one does what he or she ought and is called to with humility and does not boast.

So if a person was to list a long litany of all the good deeds they did and do for the glory of God, what would that tend to tell you?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Originally posted by richapau
Bullpucky, all religions are mind control with zero evidence backing up any of their claims.

I’m talking about spiritual truth being encoded into religions, it’s not about whether they literally happened or not. Works of fiction are not literally true but they can contain moral truths, for example…

Originally posted by richapau
You are a sheep.

Jesus said his sheep (true believers) would know his voice, so thanks, I consider that a compliment…

Seriously though - read my reply to “TheAlleghenyGentleman”…

- JC

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Huh…what happened to “away”, “unplugged” and “stepping away” lol etc etc… Anyway Thanks…, Good to see you back…

Good question, I don't know what happened with that to be honest. Just a blip that I don't really understand... but it is what it is.

You sound as though you are being critical but that's totally understandable. I guess my life has become really hectic and stressful lately and I think that may have something to do with what you're talking about. I don't really have the time to research the things I did in the past or to really think about it as deeply as I used to but that is a product of this world in my opinion where responsibility outweighs thinking on deep subjects.

That's my best guess, but like I said I'm not really sure.

ETA: I don't mean to derail your thread or anything, just something I've been thinking about lately.
edit on 3/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If that is your perception of what such is; then it is a projection of what one thinks such to be... like saying an actor can only be an actor and not a singer. In such a manner the unlimited becomes limited and only by ones attachments of what they think something should or should not be.

Everything humanity and all life does is natural there is nothing un-natural about it... nothing inhuman a human could do but in agreement that yes those things are this way or that way then they become human or inhuman.

Of course; the less one acts in selfish grasping and intent at the world? The less problems or damage they are going to be cause for in it, not only for oneself but for all others... such a thing is a given.

If someone plants a seed the type of plant grows out of it that they plant the seed for, if you plant what you know to be water melon it is not going to sprout what you know to be squash. However if you d not regard the type of seed as anything and just plant it? Could be anything as it wasn't regarded as being anything it was left open to whatever may grow, it wasn't limited by that perception of projecting water-melon on it... so whatever grows out of it surprises us. Now imagine if you thought you were planting water melon and got squash... expecting water melon? One would be dissapointed and upset at having squash...

In such a manner one is always going to be dissapointed when things do not go as they percieve or expect them to be, so assuming squash or a person is going to be this way or that way as one expects? Is likely going to leave one disappointed. Can you live up to all of your own expectations? If not then it is very unrealistic to hold such things about anyone else isnt it?

Like saying this is what a christain is this is what a buddhist is this is what a wife is... leaves a lot of expectation of roles without them really knowing what those are... except the one having them, and if they dont know what you are expecting then it is assumed that they do know like it is common sense... squash! youre supposed to be a water melon! Well, it isnt and likewise it isnt fair to expect someone to be what one thinks something is or should be... if that is what it is to you? Then hey try it be that... see how it works, see what the struggles are gain some wisdom from walking it, you can tell some one no it's a squash seed and well some may say nope water melon and well instead of being weird and fighting accept both as a possiblity not upset at either outcome and just see what grows. Because seed is a seed at that point until it is finished growing and bears it's harvest.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
You sound as though you are being critical but that's totally understandable.

Me…being critical…no way…

I just thought you were gone, as in, not coming back…I was surprised to see your avatar and handle name…

Good question, I don't know what happened with that to be honest. Just a blip that I don't really understand... but it is what it is.

Well, we can’t always be responsible as to how others will perceive us…Sometime when people perceive us a certain way, that’s false, we can start to doubt ourselves a begin to believe it…

Although if we feel negative about our own actions or words or whatever, then it’s probably an appropriate sign to make a change…

To me there’s a season for everything…there’s a time for crying, laughing…getting terse when it matters and being polite when it’s appropriate…In short, just be yourself because everyone else is taken lol…

Personally though, I think your handle name is fine, it’s the word enlightened that people tend to have a problem with…just look at my “question for the spiritually enlightened” thread, for the evidence…

Peace brother…

- JC

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Wisdom is more precious than choice Gold. Finding the Father within yourself is beyond religion and it is beyond any Dogma that any man can throw at you.

Your words are both beautiful and wise.

Thank you...that means a lot...

I've seen some of your posts around ATS and they are very wise indeed..

The Wisdom in me bows to the Wisdom in you...

- JC

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You're 100% right about not being able to control how others perceive me. Thanks for the advice and encouragement brother, I really do appreciate it.

edit on 3/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Bullpucky, all religions are mind control with zero evidence backing up any of their claims. You are a sheep.

If only he was more sheeplike as encouraged by our shepherd and Creator who knows us better than we ourselves do.

Jehovah is my shepherd; I shall not want. (Psalm 23:1; ASV, Darby Bible Translation, likewise YLT and NW have "Jehovah" there)

1:43 Signing off, sheep with an attitude. Baaa!

How to recognize the spirit of God., page 8
edit on 1-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This song, lyrics and video is just pure geniousness!!!

And fits perfectly with my OP…

Check out the video ending too…Totally Awesome…

Secret Garden - T’pau

Some lyric Highlights below, with my explanation in the brackets…

“On my own…who's going to…hold me?”

(Searching for God)

”A Burning Heartlifts me up to my Life”

(Finding Gods Wisdom and Life mentioned in my OP)

“I can't run from the truth and I won't try.

(Can’t run from the Truth and doesn’t even try, because it’s founded on a Rock, which is Wisdom)

“Cause it wouldn't matter…who you were…in this world”

(Meaning, anyone can find the Truth)

“There's Nothing on Earth that we Can't Change

(Meaning, as it is Heaven so shall it be on Earth)

“But on the Inside I could Never be the Same.

(Meaning, The Spirit of Truth changes you on the inside)

“Came into the garden Babe”
“Oh You got to come on in”
“Come into the Secret Garden”

(This is Wisdoms voice; She cry's out from the Gates of Heaven, calling others into the Truth; Proverbs 8)

“So how do you see me now? Can you see me “

(Meaning, Others on the outside, can’t see it)

“Don't butter me up and tell me lies”

“I've seen the black and white…coloured in…your eyes.

(Meaning, those in the truth, can see others trapped in a combination of both truth and lies mixed together)

“But trapped in a cage is not the place You can leave me… or cover it up to ease your mind.”

“In this confusion I can always see the Light…into the Garden “

(Meaning, those in the truth built on Wisdom cannot be trapped in a cage or maze, because they perpetually see the Light, which is the real truth)

“Came into the garden Babe”
“Oh You got to come on in”
“Come into the Secret Garden”

(Same as above; Wisdoms voice calling out…)

“You'll never know how it feels not to be one thing or the other.”

Meaning, those who are Agnostic, Atheist or belonging to “a Religion” will not know what it feels like, to not be one or the other…

“You never know…I might just be…something YOU need.

“HEY YEAH!!“

(Again, Wisdoms voice calling out to those who walk in darkness…)

“It wouldn't matter who you were…in this world”

Knowing yourself is so much more”

(Meaning, Knowing yourself is the Key to the Secret Garden…)

“Take one step forward and you open up the door.…Into The Garden”

(Meaning, Knock, seek, ask and the door will be opened to you…)

I’ll sing myself out…

Come into the Garden Babe!!!

OHHHHHH…..Come On In

Come into the Secret Garden

Ohhh Whoooaa

WoooooHooooWoooooo

- JC

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Originally posted by whereislogic
If only he was more sheeplike as encouraged by our shepherd and Creator who knows us better than we ourselves do.

But I am encouraged by the Father and the Son…it’s just that you can’t see it…

- JC

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft

1 Corinthians 3:18 (NW):

18 Let no one deceive himself: If anyone among you thinks he is wise in this system of things,* let him become a fool, so that he may become wise.

*: Or “this age.” See Glossary.

Think Straight—Act Wisely

IMAGINE this scene: Jesus Christ is explaining that religious enemies in Jerusalem will cause him great pain and then kill him. His close friend the apostle Peter cannot believe it. In fact, he takes Jesus aside and rebukes him. Peter’s sincerity and genuine concern are beyond doubt. But how does Jesus assess Peter’s thinking? “Get behind me, Satan!” says Jesus. “You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.”—Matthew 16:21-23.

What a shock that must have been to Peter! Instead of being a help and support, he was in this case “a stumbling block” to his beloved Master. How did this happen? Peter may have fallen prey to a common flaw in human thinking—believing only what he wanted to believe.

Do Not Be Overconfident

A threat to our ability to think straight is a tendency to be overconfident. The apostle Paul warned fellow Christians in ancient Corinth: “Let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.” (1 Corinthians 10:12) Why did Paul say this? Apparently because he knew how easy it is for human thinking to become distorted—even for the minds of Christians to be “corrupted away from the sincerity and the chastity that are due the Christ.”—2 Corinthians 11:3.

This had happened to a whole generation of Paul’s ancestors. At the time, Jehovah told them: “The thoughts of you people are not my thoughts, nor are my ways your ways.” (Isaiah 55:8) They had become “wise in their own eyes,” with calamitous results. (Isaiah 5:21) Surely, then, it makes sense to examine how we can keep our own thinking straight and thus avoid similar calamity.

Beware of Fleshly Thinking

Some in Corinth were badly affected by fleshly thinking. (1 Corinthians 3:1-3) They put more emphasis on human philosophies than on God’s Word. No doubt the Greek thinkers of the day were very clever men. In God’s eyes, however, they were foolish. Said Paul: “It is written: ‘I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectual men I will shove aside.’ Where is the wise man? Where the scribe? Where the debater of this system of things? Did not God make the wisdom of the world foolish?” (1 Corinthians 1:19, 20) Such intellectuals were governed by “the spirit of the world” rather than by the spirit of God. (1 Corinthians 2:12) Their philosophies and ideas were out of harmony with Jehovah’s thinking.

The ultimate source of such fleshly thinking is Satan the Devil, who used the serpent to seduce Eve. (Genesis 3:1-6; 2 Corinthians 11:3) Is he still a danger to us? Yes! According to God’s Word, Satan “has blinded the minds” of people to such an extent that he is now “misleading the entire inhabited earth.” (2 Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 12:9) How important it is to be alert to his designs!—2 Corinthians 2:11.

Look Out for “the Trickery of Men”

The apostle Paul also warned against “the trickery of men.” (Ephesians 4:14) He encountered “deceitful workers” who pretended to present the truth but who actually distorted it. (2 Corinthians 11:12-15) To attain their objectives, such men may resort to a selective use of evidence, emotionally loaded language, misleading half-truths, devious innuendo, and even outright lies.

Propagandists often use a word like “sect” to stigmatize others. In a recommendation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, a suggestion was made that authorities who investigate new religious groups “would be well advised to forgo using this term.” Why? It was felt that the word “cult” had an excessively negative connotation. In a similar way, Greek intellectuals wrongly charged that the apostle Paul was a “chatterer,” or “seed picker.” This was to imply that he was nothing more than an idle babbler, someone who picked up and repeated only scraps of knowledge. Actually, Paul “was declaring the good news of Jesus and the resurrection.”—Acts 17:18; footnote.

Do the techniques of propagandists work? Yes. They have been a major factor in creating ethnic and religious hatreds by distorting people’s perceptions of other nations or religions. Many have used them to marginalize unpopular minorities. Adolf Hitler used such methods effectively when he portrayed the Jews and others as “degenerate,” “evil,” and a “threat” to the State. Never allow this kind of trickery to poison your thinking.—Acts 28:19-22.

Do Not Deceive Yourself

It is also easy to deceive ourselves. In fact, it may be very difficult to give up or even question deeply cherished opinions. Why? Because we become emotionally attached to our views. Then we may deceive ourselves by rationalizing—by manufacturing reasons to justify what are really mistaken and misleading beliefs.

This happened to some first-century Christians. They knew God’s Word, but they did not let it govern their thinking. They ended up “deceiving [themselves] with false reasoning.” (James 1:22, 26) One indication that we may have fallen prey to this kind of self-deception is if we find ourselves becoming angry when our beliefs are challenged. Instead of getting angry, it is wise to keep an open mind and carefully listen to what others have to say—even when we feel sure that our opinion is right.—Proverbs 18:17.

Dig for “the Very Knowledge of God”

What can we do to keep our thinking straight? There is much help available, but we must be willing to work for it. Wise King Solomon said: “My son, if you will receive my sayings and treasure up my own commandments with yourself, so as to pay attention to wisdom with your ear, that you may incline your heart to discernment; if, moreover, you call out for understanding itself and you give forth your voice for discernment itself, if you keep seeking for it as for silver, and as for hid treasures you keep searching for it, in that case you will understand the fear of Jehovah, and you will find the very knowledge of God.” (Proverbs 2:1-5) Yes, if we personally make the effort to fill our mind and heart with the truths of God’s Word, we will gain real wisdom, insight, and discernment. In effect, we will be digging for things of far greater value than silver or any other material treasure.—Proverbs 3:13-15.

Wisdom and knowledge certainly are vital factors in straight thinking. “When wisdom enters into your heart and knowledge itself becomes pleasant to your very soul,” says God’s Word, “thinking ability itself will keep guard over you, discernment itself will safeguard you, to deliver you from the bad way, from the man speaking perverse things, from those leaving the paths of uprightness to walk in the ways of darkness.”—Proverbs 2:10-13.

Continues in next comment.
edit on 3-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It is especially important to let God’s thoughts guide our thinking in times of stress or danger. Strong emotions like anger or fear can make it difficult to think straight. “Oppression may make a wise one act crazy,” says Solomon. (Ecclesiastes 7:7) It is even possible to become “enraged against Jehovah himself.” (Proverbs 19:3) How? By blaming God for our problems and using them to justify doing things that are out of harmony with his laws and principles. Instead of thinking that we always know best, may we humbly listen to wise counselors who seek to help us by using the Scriptures. And if necessary, let us be prepared to abandon even strongly held points of view when it becomes evident that they are mistaken.—Proverbs 1:1-5; 15:22.

“Keep On Asking God”

We live in confusing and dangerous times. Regular prayer for Jehovah’s direction is essential if we are to exercise good judgment and act wisely. “Do not be anxious over anything,” writes Paul, “but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let your petitions be made known to God; and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6, 7) If we lack the wisdom to handle perplexing problems or trials, we need to “keep on asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching.”—James 1:5-8.

Aware that fellow Christians needed to exercise wisdom, the apostle Peter sought to ‘arouse their clear thinking faculties.’ He wanted them to “remember the sayings previously spoken by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior,” Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 3:1, 2) If we do this and keep our mind aligned with Jehovah’s Word, we will think straight and act wisely.

Early Christians let godly wisdom, not philosophical reasoning, shape their thinking.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Originally posted by whereislogic

1 Corinthians 3:18 (NW):

18 Let no one deceive himself: If anyone among you thinks he is wise in this system of things,* let him become a fool, so that he may become wise.

That’s Paul you're quoting…here’s clearly a deceiver…I’ll stick with Jesus thanks…

Matthew 10:16
Behold, I am sending you out like sheep among wolves, so be as wise as serpents and innocent as doves.

So what you are saying, is that I can’t possibly see someone else's comments as being wise…for some reason…?

You do realize that the Wisdom my Op is talking about, comes from God…it’s not from someone's own perceived notions or ideas etc…The Spirit of God aka the Holy Spirit, brings Wisdom as one of it gifts…God wants us to find Wisdom which is why it’s talked about so much in proverbs 8 and 9…

My OP is pointing out, that the Wisdom which comes from the Spirit of God is what the true church should be founded on. Believing in “a religion” is like building your house on sand. It would just be down to pure luck or chance if you picked the right religion, and that’s even assuming that there was/is an absolute true religion out there…Odds are, you’d mostly be wrong…

Where as the Spirit teaching people, and bringing Wisdom, Knowledge and understanding directly to you, is how the true church is meant be built up. It’s the one true teacher spoken of by Jesus in Matthew 23:8…

Paul removed the true understanding of Jesus and turned him into an idol and effectively into “a religion”. Religion is the wide gate warned of by Jesus...IMO… Following Jesus and God is really straightforward and simple, but religion has corrupted and convoluted it…

You have to ask yourself “what does it mean to believe in Jesus…? You say following “a religion” and following after other men's words like Pauls or anyone else's…

I say Jesus words lead to the Spirit of truth, and the spirit of truth will teach you all things…this is the narrow path…and this is how the church, gets built on a rock, which is Wisdom…

- JC

edit on 3-4-2017 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
"His Flesh is the Word and his Blood is the Holy Spirit"

Only his flesh bares the scars and his feet the dirt from having walked the path he did; blood is not the line of rulership but the passing of spirit or lighting of the lamp... which has no familial ties but a lineage all it's own.

Hanging out eating and drinking off of someone's corpse for so long like a bunch of maggots has been really satisfying I am sure; but it isn't the carcass that is bloated like a maggot.

Why do they call such the lord of flies again? Because it issues out of their mouths to come to a dinner long past.

Only that feast is the eternal life as in a cycle of it from birth to death; called pestilence pretending to be human and only have a maggot for a brain.

Just can't wait to rub my hands together for such a great feast says the 1000 eyes compounded landing and feasting on meals larger than they could ever eat in greed thinking themselves only having two eyes as the hive mind spurns them towards more than they ever need ruining all they touch in such vomitous issuances for such an ego king.

Yes little grub get it on and one day you too will ascend into the heavens on wings of silver in the shining light of the sun, landing and feast wherever one desires in the same fashion.

14 days to a fly must seem like an eternity.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: richapau

I don't think he's talking from a Christian perspective but a spiritual one. There is a difference.

Fans of Christ do not think there is a difference. Fandom is all there is!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Exactly! Religion is what binds people (which is what religion means, "to bind") to a literal interpretation, spirituality sets people free from that literal interpretation and helps them to find the deeper meaning within the text which is exactly what you did in the OP.

To be honest, I had some help from the past, in piecing together the truth outlined in my OP, I also had some spiritual guidance in decoding it’s truth, and in piecing together some additional key aspects, like the symbolism behind the bread and the “sons of man” connection mentioned in Proverbs 8:4 and why that phrase is specifically used…which can’t be a coincidence…IMO

And also the various aspects to do with Melchizedek which ties in so effortlessly with Jesus along with the bread and wine…

Every aspect of it just fits like a glove…IMO

When you find that deeper meaning you then realize that what the text is describing is the human experience or life in general. Both atheists and theists are guilty of missing the point of holy books, they never get any further than scratching the surface.

How did you find the truth prior to my OP…what was the key turning points which made you realize it was true…in the past I mean, when you were still an agnostic or atheist or something else…?…I know that’s quite a big question, because there can be so many aspects to a persons thought processes etc…

I’ve been thinking about my past spiritual journey a lot lately and trying to think about the key truths and turning points in my own thinking…I just wished I’d kept a journal back then…

- JC

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join