It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

His Flesh is the Word and his Blood is the Holy Spirit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I believe there is a Universal Spiritual Truth that has been encoded into the Bible, which I will outline in this thread. I believe this truth is not just in the Bible, but can also be found within certain Gnostic texts…

The True Church is meant to be biult on Wisdom. A rock is symbolic of Wisdom, as it represents that which has a solid foundation. The difference between biulding a house on a rock, and the fool who builds it on sand, is clearly outlined in Matthew 7.

The true church is within a person. Wisdom is more precious than choice Gold. Finding the Father within yourself is beyond religion and it is beyond any Dogma that any man can throw at you. It is what is seen as wealthy in the eyes of God.

One can only express these truths using limited words…but the Spirit speaks a pure language and brings a truth and understanding that cannot be given by any man. In other words, no man can give you the understanding, it must be seeked out and then received/experienced. But once that understanding is gained, it becomes like a Rock that cannot be shaken. It becomes the Wisdom on which the true Church was meant to be biult…

The Last Supper is a direct reinactment of Proverbs 9. The Blood and Flesh represent the Wine and Bread. The Bread is Gods Spoken Word and Truth. It’s Gods Truth (Not Religion) that leads to life, hence the phrase the “Bread of Life”.

Take a look at Proverbs 9…

Proverbs 9

1 Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

2 She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.

3 She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city,

4 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,

5 Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.

6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Notice that it is Wisdom who is the carpenter. It is Wisdom who builds the house. There’s also a table present, just like in the last supper…the Bread and Wine are also there. Both the Bread/Flesh and Wine/Blood are all symbolic…IMO

The Bread symbolizes taking something into your being, just as you would eat bread and digest it etc... Upon hearing the spoken Bread/Truth it enters into you and gives you Life. Jesus is referred to as the “word in the flesh” and the “bread of life” because his life and message was an expression of Truth and Wisdom.

When Jesus talked about the blood being the “new covnent” at the last supper, the word blood was also symbolic. Wine is symbolic of Wisdom, and the blood represents the Holy Spirit which is what brings Wisdom and Understanding…

Another reason why the blood is symbolic and not literal can be found in John 6:53 and verse 56

John 6:53
53 Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

John 6:56
56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

Surely Jesus did not mean for us to drink his literal flesh and blood in these verses…And if the blood is not literal in this verse, then why should it be taken literally any where else….

Again his flesh represents the bread; we eat the bread, which is to take Gods truth into oursleves. When we take in this Bread/Truth into oursleves, we receive the Holy Spirit, which is how we symbolically drink his blood, and recieve life. Knowledge, Wisdom and Uderstanding comes from the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) and it those things which leads to life…

Proverbs 8 also talks about Wisdom and understanding being that which leads to the path of Heaven. Notice also that it is Wisdom that calls out to the “Sons of man”…

Proverbs 8

1 Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?

2 She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.

3 She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.

4 Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.

And…

Proverbs 8

34 Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.

35 For those who find me find life and receive favor from the LORD.

Notice also how in verse 35 that those who find this Wisdom, find Life. This is the same Life spoken of in John 6:53, which you will receive when you partake of the Flesh and Blood…i.e. the Bread and Wine.

The LORD in the above verse is the “I Am that I Am”, it is the eternal Spirit, …The favor spoken of, that one will receive, is the Spirit of God or Holy Spirt, which comes directly from the Father…

The Bread and Wine motif is mentioned even earlier in Genesis 14:18…

Genesis 14:18
Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High,

Melchizedek is regarded as being “without beginning of days or end of life.” Which must surely be symbolic of finding life in the verses I’ve mentioned throughout this OP…

Melchizedeks name means “King of Rightouesness” and “King of Peace” which just so happens to be names for Jesus.

Jesus became a High Priest forever in the order of Melchizedek because he continued the ancient tradition of bringing the Bread and Wine in the Last Supper…

Thanks for reading…

edit on 30-3-2017 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It must be nice to worship a myth. I would rather believe in Vishnu. At least Vishnu was blue and could fly. So much cooler. What is the difference between Jesus and life outside this earth? Life outside this earth is actual probable and provable.

This is my conspiracy in religion.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

It must be nice to sit in judgement of others, thinking yourself better from your subjective perspective.

To the OP
Excellent dissection of that which I also believe to be metaphor and symbolism, rather than some literal description. I find the bible does a good job of not only shooting itself in the foot, but also allowing us to shoot ourselves in the foot while reading it.

There is truth inside, but I feel like it's also meant to confound and entrap. Sadly, I don't believe there exists any such literature that truly describes the nature of God without bias or agenda. That being said, I believe EVERYthing created, has been inspired by God and it's the one with awareness (awake-ness) who sees it as such.

I'm reading what has become my favorite book series right now, called: "Conversations with God". You'll either think it absolute nonsense or it will lift your soul to new heights, as it did mine.

Continue your introspection, because God will inevitably answer your thirst for Truth. I can promise you that.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom on this matter

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft
When Jesus says that he gives his body, or his flesh, he means that he's going to die.
When Jesus says that he offers his blood, he means that he's going to die.
So "feeding upon" the body/flesh and the blood means focussing on the fact that Jesus died, which is the central pivot of the whole of the New Testament.

The title is valid in the sense that we only understand the significance of this event through the Word and the Holy Spirit.

edit on 31-3-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Nice OP, S&F.

I think the Holy Spirit is compared to wine because when you receive the Holy Spirit you become care-free much like you do when you become buzzed from drinking a little. There's a difference between being buzzed and being full on intoxicated though.

Your analogy about the bread makes sense as well. I've never really put the two into that perspective before so thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Bullpucky, all religions are mind control with zero evidence backing up any of their claims. You are a sheep.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have one thing to say but it is more of a question; to those that constantly purvey and portray religion... I know it is very often difficult to explain certian concepts without dogma or terms assumed to be known and understood.

But have you walked it? That's the best question to ask such... as talking it is a whole other thing than walking it... talking it is often just carrying a banner around like an advertisment. Dogma often gets in the way of the same or similar concepts because one must learn some other concept foreign than one already known... but when expressing turth as truth nothing need be picked up or conceptually grasped to carry around as some burden it ceases to be needed.

If something can stand on it's own then it does; and it needs no one to purvey, convence or champion it... such as truth is truth regardless of anything else that may try to hide or hinder it from being truth. Even if that is only a truth one has experienced; no need to convience anyone else of it; it just simply is.

So have you walked it?

I am one of those sorts that will lay a stumbling block with a quickness and just as quick encourage someone onward. Seems like a mean thing to do or even evil; but not really as that stumbling block reveals doubt, and if one immediately comes out swinging in response parroting more of the same or in any defence then they have failed to walk it; that doubt is seen as an attack to faith.

If one knows without any doubt whatsoever then faith is a burden; truth once known without any doubts cannot be shaken there is nothing to defend because it just is what it is... nothing can alter or change the truth not me not you not an infinite amount of aeons it simply is what it is.

So defense of such a thing is not only pointless but silly... so have you walked it? If not have you learned enough to start laying it down and walking it? Waving a banner of scriptures only go so far as they rarely lead to any actual knowing or doing without taking to task and walking it.

Doesn't matter the discipline either; they all lead there when actually taken to task and walked. Carrying the dogma and banner actually makes quite a few enemies having drawn such powerful lines that people are happy to be quick to judge without any thought just a reaction of contempt.

The reason for that? So many espousing, protraying, and purveying truth and not walking truth... such a thing does not even require a single word when body, speech, and mind are an expression of it no matter what is occuring. Yeah there's that stumbling block that arises on it's own to hide truth from what is occuring in either body, speech, or mind at times... some even plot or plan untruth before even encountering a situation. The lies one tells oneself; soon become the lies they tell others.

The end of the path being the same ending in truth; then the road used to get there becomes kinda pointless to pander at others with. Simply pointing to the truth is enough at that point... hitting people with scripture for something one wants to push; is trying to use word as a witness a mirror... easier to let truth just be truth it needs no other support or witness in it's living.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

I don't think he's talking from a Christian perspective but a spiritual one. There is a difference.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The Blood of Christ is the knowledge/thoughts of Christ. Isaiah 53:11 'by His knowledge, many will be justified'. The Holy Spirit works as a teacher, but the Holy Spirit does not replace thought entirely; just as Prov 9 speaks of mixing the wine, so does the Holy Spirit mix His knowledge with our thoughts.
edit on 31-3-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

If you regard it as a myth, why go picking on those who choose to believe? In what way do you benefit?
edit on 31-3-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
When Jesus says that he gives his body, or his flesh, he means that he's going to die.
So "feeding upon" the body/flesh and the blood means focussing on the fact that Jesus died, which is the central pivot of the whole of the New Testament.

The title is valid in the sense that we only understand the significance of this event through the Word and the Holy Spirit.

The Blood carries a dual meaning (Isaiah 53:11) it meant both, that Jesus would die bearing our sins, and that we would be justified by His knowledge/thoughts.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAlleghenyGentleman
It must be nice to worship a myth.

Yeah, it must be nice…but then again…I wouldn’t know lol

It looks like you just responded to the title…and thought “Yeah!!! fundie bashing time” lol

I’m not a Christian…which should be fairly clear from my OP…

I believe in the truth and Wisdom that the myth speaks and see these things as universal truths…whether Jesus actually existed or not…Take for example the move the Matrix, we know it’s fiction but that doesn’t mean it can’t have some element of truth built into it…

Originally posted by TheAlleghenyGentleman
I would rather believe in Vishnu. At least Vishnu was blue and could fly. So much cooler. What is the difference between Jesus and life outside this earth? Life outside this earth is actual probable and provable.

You are entitled to believe in whatever you want…but you’re missing the point of my OP…What I’m talking about has nothing to do with “a religion…” it’s about finding the Father within yourself and how that truth has been encoded within the Old and New Testaments…

These truths are universal and are encoded into most religious texts…they’re found in the Old Testament, the New Testament and even in the Quran…most people just don’t look for the deeper meanings…

People either accept and follow a religion blindly and the false dogma that goes along with it, or they reject it outright…both are just as bad as each other. But the true church is meant to be built on Wisdom and Understanding.

You see, instead of taking Jesus Wisdom and understanding to build the true church within, believers in Christianity follow and worship the idol of Jesus. And by doing so they miss the deeper meanings…

- JC

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Originally posted by Aedaeum
To the OP
Excellent dissection of that which I also believe to be metaphor and symbolism, rather than some literal description. I find the bible does a good job of not only shooting itself in the foot, but also allowing us to shoot ourselves in the foot while reading it.

There is truth inside, but I feel like it's also meant to confound and entrap. Sadly, I don't believe there exists any such literature that truly describes the nature of God without bias or agenda. That being said, I believe EVERYthing created, has been inspired by God and it's the one with awareness (awake-ness) who sees it as such.

Thank you…

I’m glad there’s someone else who can see and understand the deeper meanings behind the symbols and metaphors.

And you’re right, those that don’t find it, become trapped in the maze of religion. They’ve essentially built their house on sand, which in my opinion means to accept “a religion”, rather than building it on Wisdom and Understanding, which is that which is beyond any religion, and actually forms the underlining basis behind all religions.

Originally posted by Aedaeum
I'm reading what has become my favorite book series right now, called: "Conversations with God". You'll either think it absolute nonsense or it will lift your soul to new heights, as it did mine.

Continue your introspection, because God will inevitably answer your thirst for Truth. I can promise you that.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom on this matter

Just from reading the right up on amazon, it epitomizes Jesus teaching of “knock and the door will be opened”, and “ask, and it shall be revealed to you”… Sounds like an intriguing book and quite fitting for this thread…I’ll have to check it out sometime.

I’m currently listening to the “Secret History of the World”, I’m also trying to work my way through some of Z Sitchins books… while simultaneously reading up on the Sumerian texts…I’ve got a long way to go…

Thanks for your reply…

- JC

edit on 31-3-2017 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You see, instead of taking Jesus Wisdom and understanding to build the true church within, believers in Christianity follow and worship the idol of Jesus. And by doing so they miss the deeper meanings…

Exactly! Religion is what binds people (which is what religion means, "to bind") to a literal interpretation, spirituality sets people free from that literal interpretation and helps them to find the deeper meaning within the text which is exactly what you did in the OP.

When you find that deeper meaning you then realize that what the text is describing is the human experience or life in general. Both atheists and theists are guilty of missing the point of holy books, they never get any further than scratching the surface.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Wisdom is more precious than choice Gold. Finding the Father within yourself is beyond religion and it is beyond any Dogma that any man can throw at you.

Your words are both beautiful and wise.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Yes, I know you’re a Christian and that’s what you believe in…

But I’m saying that’s false and that they were meant symbolically…

True salvation is found in the life and message of Jesus not in his death…IMO…it’s his life which should be celebrated and honoured.

“Feeding upon”…???

I don’t think Jesus would tell us that if we don't drink his blood and eat his flesh you have no life in you”…to describe believing in his death on the cross…that doesn’t sound right…It’s sounds more like it’s meant to be symbolic to me personally…

Also, we know from other scriptures that it’s the Holy Spirit which brings life…coincidence…I don’t think so.

The Holy Spirit also cleanses a person of their sins when it’s received. It washes you clean on the inside. It seems more natural to me that it’s the Holy Spirit which is that which is poured out for the forgiveness of sins…IMO

Nowhere in the NT does Jesus ever state that he is going to be a sacrifice for sins, or that he is going to die for all sins…these are all literally (wrongly) inferred into the text…

The only manner in which Jesus lays down his life, is in bringing a message of truth, knowing full well that the powers of the day would most likely have him killed for doing so. Only in that sense does Jesus lay down his life for others. It’s the message that he brought and gave his life for which is what saves.

Jesus message is crucial for salvation because he teaches us how to receive the Holy Spirit…without that teaching no one could enter the Kingdom of Heaven…

- JC

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
True salvation is found in the life and message of Jesus not in his death…IMO…it’s his life which should be celebrated and honoured.

The whole of the New Testament dwells upon his death as the key to the whole business.
I won't argue the point in detail now, because I'm drafting threads on these topics for future use.

edit on 31-3-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Nice OP, S&F.

Huh…what happened to “away”, “unplugged” and “stepping away” lol etc etc…

Anyway Thanks…, Good to see you back…

My OP Title comes from the Gospel of Philip…

Because of this he said "He who shall not eat my flesh and drink my blood has not life in him" (Jn 6:53). What is it? His flesh is the word, and his blood is the Holy Spirit.

Thought you might be the first one to notice…

Clearly the Gnostics understood the metaphoric meaning behind Jesus usage of the word Blood…

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I think the Holy Spirit is compared to wine because when you receive the Holy Spirit you become care-free much like you do when you become buzzed from drinking a little. There's a difference between being buzzed and being full on intoxicated though.

Your analogy about the bread makes sense as well. I've never really put the two into that perspective before so thanks for that.

Well, in the OT they believed the Spirit was contained within the blood; Red wine looks like blood, which is why I think that symbol was chosen…Plus, just like the bread you symbolically take the wine (drink) into yourself…

This thread is just a precursor thread. Next I’m going to outline and describe what the Holy Spirit is. You’ve already seen a few of my ideas and thoughts on that already, so you probably know what’s coming…

- JC

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The whole of the New Testament dwells upon his death as the key to the whole business.
I won't argue the point in detail now, because I'm drafting threads on these topics for future use.

Fine…let me know when you start a thread dealing with that topic, and I will add a few more thoughts on top of what I’ve already written here…

- JC

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm drafting a whole series on "New Testament salvation", and giving myself plenty of time to get it right, so don't expect it before late 2018. Other topics have been pencilled in to fill my calendar in the interval.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join