It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA defends pat-down of Texas boy; countless others creeped out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: dreamingawake
As much as I hate the whole security bull crap at airports and try to avoid flying at all cost, even if it means lost of time and comfort, we can't have it half way. It is either all or nothing.

I am not condoning what happened, but our sensibilities are going to be our downfall. Terrorist have no respect for women, children, or the elderly.

Actually you *are* condoning it through your excuses for them. The TSA had proven time & again to be a completely useless, thoroughly ineffective agency. Continually violating our civil liberties and the worst part is...THEY DON'T EVEN CATCH ANY TERRORISTS!!! Seriously, we just keep them around to make ourselves feel like we're safe, when the truth is we're no safer with them than we are without.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Eh, the way I see it the TSA is terrible and needs to go away. If people are tired of this stuff, then there's an easy solution: Stop flying. When airlines lose tons of money, they'll find a way to get rid of the TSA. If people don't want to stop flying, or "can't" stop flying, then deal with it. Stop crying when things like this happen, because they will continue to happen as long as the TSA is in existence.
edit on 31-3-2017 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Rookseven

Actually you *are* condoning it through your excuses for them. The TSA had proven time & again to be a completely useless, thoroughly ineffective agency. Continually violating our civil liberties and the worst part is...THEY DON'T EVEN CATCH ANY TERRORISTS!!! Seriously, we just keep them around to make ourselves feel like we're safe, when the truth is we're no safer with them than we are without.

You miss understood my point.

I don't condone the TSA. I would like to see the whole thing disappear. But we allowed the construction of this organization, and we have allowed the increasing infringements of our civil liberties. We are looking at the wrong fingers we are pointing. Getting pissed at a man that is being videoed in the hopes of a possible law suit, for being extra diligent and thorough when doing the job that he has been instructed and paid to do, is a waste of good vitriol.

I would prefer a extra through pat down of my child with me present, than to have my child being irradiated every time they had to get on a plane. I used to fly very often, now I don't give the airlines one more dime of my money than I have to. If it took me two weeks to drive across the ocean and back, I would do it before getting on a plane, but that isn't possible yet.

We are getting pissed at the minions for falling the order of their lords. I agree with Necrobile. If this upsets us so much, then we have to put some skin in the game. The few dollars the airlines loses from me hasn't made a dent in the problem, because we give them that permission every time we fly.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
TSA tore open my bag, tossed everything out, found my fullsize tube of toothepaste I was smuggling saying aha found it and held it up in the air like he just pulled the sword from the stone. then they told me to pack my # up. useless twits.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO
I think allowing the TSA to become such an invasion in our live is one of the worst mistakes we have ever made.

The TSA has made every one of us terrorist, and while they are spending so much time harassing the common traveler, the terrorist will use their distraction with us to perfect their plans.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: sputniksteve

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
As much as I hate the whole security bull crap at airports and try to avoid flying at all cost, even if it means lost of time and comfort, we can't have it half way. It is either all or nothing.

I am not condoning what happened, but our sensibilities are going to be our downfall. Terrorist have no respect for women, children, or the elderly.

Assuming the mother and son couldn't avoid flying or perhaps did not know about these issues with the TSA that happen to people. These was a woman and her daughter(being treated foe cancer and flying was the best option for them) that was psychically abused by the TSA.

They have it their way already in every airport there's little to none with regards to get around that if flying is the main option, now they continue to push boundaries because they can. Where does it end? TSA should not be defending this behavior.

Correct the terrorists have no respect for women, children and the elderly. Guess the option was the allow employees of the TSA to do the same. Yes, the terrorists have won.

On the flip side, my wife works for an airline so I fly with my toddler son a lot, and I have never once had an experience with TSA that was even close to inappropriate or uncomfortable in any way for either of us. I am willing to bet I have flown more with him in the last year than many their entire lives. That has to count for something does it not?

That isn't a defense of anything what so ever, simply another anecdote to hers that tells an entirely different story. Which may make me believe it isn't a TSA issue, but a personnel issue.

Your wife works for the airline, enough said, that brings immunity because you know someone in the industry considering the fact that the TSA and others know so would help. Not to say they may know 100 percent of the time each time.

Would this boy have gone through the same if his mom worked for the airlines? No, of course not. Unless the agent in question was that much of pervert didn't care if he knew who the boy's family was.

Why would this boy be targeted though? Seems less than personal here.

No, I am sorry but that isn't how it works. She works for an airline, but TSA has no idea of that, as they are a completely seperate entity. Her position doesn't even allow for any perks for her let alone me. I am sorry but you are completely mistaken and don't understand how any of this works.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

So, 100 percent of the time they don't know even at an airport she frequents and use of an ID card for example. Okay... I was using an "anecdotal evidence" example btw of what one can perceive from that statement, should have clarified that.
Looks like workers are to be searched in the future as only three airports conduct that now.

Senators reached a deal Thursday to bolster travel security in the wake of the terrorist attacks in Brussels, with measures that include doubling the number of TSA security teams with bomb-sniffing dogs at domestic airports. Other measures would also bolster the vetting of airport employees and add security to baggage claim areas.

Source

What does it count for?(from your last reply) Of course this isn't an everyday occurrence. Is it a growing concern? Apparently.

Also, I could use "anecdotal evidence" more so in that because I haven't had a situation in an airport such as the people in the OP have had that it never happens because it hasn't happened to myself or my family.

Just because you and yours haven't been targeted doesn't mean it doesn't happen to some people. As The news stories say otherwise to that claim. Elaborate more on personal issue? Out of line employee, which so far is evident no matter what way one looks at it? Do you believe that these stories are fabricated or blown out of proportion and it is a non issue?
edit on 1-4-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join