It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Saudi going to build pipelines to the USA according to the Dems

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Can't fix stupid. How do people like this get into office?

Speaking on RT News, Nebraska Democrat Party Leader Jane Kleeb says that Donald Trump's pipeline approval polices are "obviously very dangerous" claiming that Saudi Arabia or Russia could build pipelines straight into the United States. Kleeb: "He's being reckless."

What is she doing on Russia Today anyways?

edit on 30-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

The U.S. has the Largest Untapped Oil Reserves on the Planet , why would we want a Pipeline for Importing Foreign Oil ?
Does this Woman have a BS in Stupid ?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have to ask but were the Dems always this stupid? I watched idiots on both sides but it's like they try to one up each other in who can say the dumbest things and gets away with it.
edit on 30-3-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Oil in the US isn't nationalized. You and I have no ownership in it. Big Oil does and Big Oil doesn't give a damn about you, only about money. I hate to tell you this, but oil produced here in America is indeed sold all over the world. And we buy foreign oil as well.

But good luck studying Oil economics because that's one complicated game of power and corruption, along with lawyer jargon.
edit on 30-3-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well they better build it quick while syria oil is on sale

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Oil in the US isn't nationalized. You and I have no ownership in it. Big Oil does and Big Oil doesn't give a damn about you, only about money. I hate to tell you this, but oil produced here in America is indeed sold all over the world. And we buy foreign oil as well.

And if it weren't for the backing of U.S. Treasury Bonds , the U.S. would Not be Importing Oil from Anyone .In 100 Years , the Worlds Reserve Oil Supply will Almost be Dried Up , the U.S. will then be in a Position of Dominance in the Oil Market .

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The U.S. has the Largest Untapped Oil Reserves on the Planet , why would we want a Pipeline for Importing Foreign Oil ?
Does this Woman have a BS in Stupid ?

Be one feat of engineering to run a pipeline from Saudi or Russia over to the USA, thats for sure.

Should be an IQ test before you can run for office.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You're looking at this from the perception US oil is some sort of national resource by and for the people, but it's not. US oil is owned by some of the biggest corporations in the world and their only concern is making money. If whatever you said above didn't exist do you think US oil companies wouldn't be selling US oil all over the world as they do today?

We do use our own oil but we also use foreign oil. There will never be a day when the US only uses US drilled oil. Hopefully, the day that will come is when the US moves on from oil and not because Armageddon hit.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You're looking at this from the perception US oil is some sort of national resource by and for the people, but it's not. US oil is owned by some of the biggest corporations in the world and their only concern is making money. If whatever you said above didn't exist do you think US oil companies wouldn't be selling US oil all over the world as they do today?

We do use our own oil but we also use foreign oil. There will never be a day when the US only uses US drilled oil. Hopefully, the day that will come is when the US moves on from oil and not because Armageddon hit.

US is a refining hub, it sells value added product, not crude oil.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
A double award for Jane Kleeb..

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Yeah no doubt. If you live in New Jersey you can reap some benefits of cheaper oil, especially compared to NY, all thanks to Oil companies refining oil.

You're right, the US did have a ban on selling domestic oil around the world but that ban was recently lifted last year and are now selling crude oil all over the world. Doing some light reading on the subject, back in 1975 Congress banned exporting US oil because of the global oil crisis.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You're right, the US did have a ban on selling domestic oil around the world but that ban was recently lifted last year and are now selling crude oil all over the world. Doing some light reading on the subject, back in 1975 Congress banned exporting US oil because of the global oil crisis.
Thank you for pointing that out in a non confrontational way. I was not aware the ban had been lifted. Thats what I like about ATS, the learning that is possible when a large group of people meet and share their knowledge.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

But good luck studying Oil economics because that's one complicated game of power and corruption, along with lawyer jargon.

Thank you, bears repeating.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Very well said. Now if people move past the partisan slants they can begin to learn about this.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It doesn't matter that it isn't a nationalised resource because it mostly lies on federally owned land.

The United States has the largest known deposits of oil shale in the world, according to the Bureau of LandManagement and holds an estimated 2.175 trillion barrels (345.8 km3) of potentially recoverable oil.

Therefore if this scenario were to happen we would be ok.
edit on 30-3-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What does irritate me is that all the oil futures market does is run up the price of oil.You have NINE years with which to get rid of the physical crude oil.I say and if you want to purchase barrels of oil you must take possession immediately.

www.fool.com...
edit on 30-3-2017 by buckwhizzle because: Curse thee,iPad spellcheck!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
What does irritate me is that all the oil futures market does is run up the price of oil.You have NINE years with which to get rid of the physical crude oil.I say and f you want to purchase barrels of oil you must take possession immediately.

www.fool.com...

Oil is bought and sold many times before it is ever delivered, one big scam.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Speculators have been an issue for a long while.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Speculators have been an issue for a long while.

Just the way things work, could just as well drive the price down, it's complicated.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

But Oil causes Global Warming. We can't be responsible for causing GW. Only other countries are responsible for causing GW.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join