It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part of I-85 collapses in Atlanta after massive fire

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Boys will be boys.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think you may be stretching a bit. It is way to early to put that label on this incident, there are virtually no details aside from there being a very large fire and a partial bridge collapse.

Hell if it was intentionally set it could have just been a regular, run of the mill arsonist who likes to watch stuff burn.

I am sure we will know more shortly.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Airport is more South. You don't have to go this route to the airport, so that's a consolation. But, to be sure, this is how you go ***through*** ATL on a main highway. It will be a trucker nightmare since they mostly avoid the race track that is 285.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Bridge goes over industrial area at this point.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Damn, that is scary.

I bet a high voltage line went up from rats or corrosion.

Like a big arc welder on the steel beams, igniting cabling and paint.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I tell you, been in that area is not funny, Atlanta can be a nightmare even without an accident on the busiest time of the day.

I can only imagine how many people will be stuck in that area all night.

I remember when I was living close to DC, a fender bender will have you stuck in the highway for hours, I found my self in that situation many times.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Remember an electrical fire in a small plastic box caused this..

Not buying that at all unless that box was made out of jet fuel.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Sorry for the broken link...wanted to get the story up. I live nearby and even our SSPD is saying possible terrorist....now I am not thinking Islamic Terrorist, but possibly homegrown. This is about to be one of the busiest travel weekends for Spring Break and 85 being shut down is HUGE.

If you don't live here and know 85 then I'll just say that literally 10's of thousands of cars travel this route daily.

Thanks to this with the working links...ill update mine now.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
WSB investigative reporter saying that - to the best of his knowledge - bridge here was not listed as structurally unsound like many across the country.

ETA: bridge was previously listed as "critical but not structurally deficient" prior to this incident
edit on 3/30/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Airport is more South. You don't have to go this route to the airport, so that's a consolation. But, to be sure, this is how you go ***through*** ATL on a main highway. It will be a trucker nightmare since they mostly avoid the race track that is 285.

Racetrack is right...285 is about to be swamped.

link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Your link is broken.

Is this what you're talking about?

overpass collapse.

Second stories better

Man carrying red mercury causes hazmat situation in downtown

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Maybe this is the terror attack Spicer said happened...only that it hadn't yet, till now.
Oh wait never mind that would mean he could predict the future.

Just kidding. Trying to get the false flag crowd riled up.

But really, hopefully no one is hurt and it was an accident.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Need more info please on terror claim. So wild!

Severe thunderstorms overnight, BTW.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
We need to know what the hell is in that smoke that people stuck on the bridge have been exposed to. nNow!

How does APD and AFD not know? This is crap.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The terror angle was reported very early, right when I posted it, and it is no longer part of the story. The link I posted went 404 almost immediately. I have since changed it to a working link, but not the same report.

Anywho, that was a massive fire with a lot of burning plastics to create that much black smoke and drop a bridge. Tomorrow is going to really suck for some commuters and spring breakers....

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
When I saw Terrorist Atlanta, my first thought was CNN.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
I blame the careless hobos that used to live under that bridge. Is it to late to throw my ex-wife in that fire?

Local news discussing that angle right now, huge problem.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
So for what I read is that it was a storage area behind the bridge with lots of plastic pipes and some how it caught fire due to an electrical problem and that cause the fire that collapsed the bridge.

It was not a hot day today it was actually pleasant.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Local news reporting there is currently NO active terror investigation related to this incident.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

So how busy is the bridge, well over 200 thousand cars goes over that area a day.

So is going to be a lot of people very unhappy with that part of the highway closed.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join