It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity - The Wall Street Journal

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Adam Schiff has just said Flynns move is Momentus

Mr Schiff said in a statement that the panel would discuss any such request with the Justice Department and the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Mr Flynn's step was "grave and momentous", he added.

The California Democrat also said: "As with any investigation - and particularly one that grows in severity and
magnitude by the day - there is still much work and many more witnesses and documents to obtain before any immunity request from any witness can be considered."

Same article, but an "opinion" aside ok ? - read and contemplate for 2 minutes, seriously

Why immunity? Anthony Zurcher, BBC News, Washington

Michael Flynn may have a "story to tell", but what it is at this point is anybody's guess.

Donald Trump's critics will probably imagine grand revelations of possible campaign contacts with Russian operatives or even the "c" word - collusion.

Beyond the news reports of ongoing conversations between Flynn's lawyer and federal investigators, however, there is no firm ground for such speculation.

It's entirely possible the immunity request is nothing more than the former senior Trump adviser attempting to insulate himself from legal trouble if he were to answer detailed questions about his foreign contacts and lobbying efforts. For instance, if he actively represented overseas interests, he may have run afoul of federal disclosure rules. There's also the chance that Flynn could be uneasy about what he told FBI agents in January, when they asked about his conversations with Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak.

Either of those possibilities would be of great concern to Mr Flynn, who has a six-figure military pension to preserve, but it wouldn't be the kind of political bombshell that would directly threaten Mr Trump or his administration.

Flynn, then, is willing to be
the biggest, ever, whistleblower
Given that he is/was a hugely important part of Intel
He must be privy to a ton of 'things'
very smelly, laundry duds type things

He'll need serious protection, no ?

But the an idea hit me - deflection !

*Ats is a conspiracy site, right ?*

Michael Flynn testifies before however many hearings
doesn't say much, can't incriminate any one too much
pretty steadfast, whilst we're all on hand-bagin' each other

Because he knows he's beiong set up (in a sense)
What he knows or says
will be checked and re-checked
by the very services he used to run

He knows he can't lie
read this :

US intelligence officials had serious concerns about Michael Flynn’s appointment as the White House national security adviser because of his history of contacts with Moscow and his encounter with a woman who had trusted access to Russian spy agency records, the Guardian has learned.

US and British intelligence officers discussed Flynn’s “worrisome” behaviour well before his appointment last year by Donald Trump, multiple sources have said.

They raised concerns about Flynn’s ties to Russia and his perceived obsession with Iran.

They were also anxious about his capacity for “linear thought” and some actions that were regarded as highly unusual for a three-star general.

If you were to read to the end of the artice (and this could just be me)
Flynn could feasibly state that he was almost, very seriously, turned ...
turned by the oldest trick in the book : The honeypot

.. aside from having to explain the whole 'set up'
how the 'sevices' work and what they do
too a bunch of dorks ...

I'll bet a lot of what he would have to say
shouldn't be heard in public,
noooo plug your ears

For common sense reasons...
But we (me too) will all cry scandal !!

Whereas Flynn
could be tainted by the whiff of a True Patriot(tm)

and perhaps not so unreasonably so
edit on 31/3/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: alphabetaone

Notice how no powerful Republicans are committing to defending Trump.

That's easy...they're looking to 2018 as their only hope.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

I read some of that information, also is a lot of money involved, meaning he has taken money from other countries when his firm took money for lobbying or something along the lines.

He have a lot of secrets to tell, but many of those secrets are from years of doing business and working with the government.

But then again his job took him to a lot of countries including Russia while making deals in behave of the US, even if some of the deals were deem controversial.

I think he have a lot to say and I will love to hear.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Indigo5

The 500,000 thousand dollar that his firm took from Turkey and the specifics about it.

that was not under the Obama administration..

Pres. Obama asked for his resignation in 2014.

His (previously undisclosed - and previously publicly denied) work for Turkey occurred in the fall of 2016, when he was chief advisor to Trump and during the Transition. He received 500K ++ at that time.

Sidenote: During this time he offered Turkey a dissident the Turkish Government wanted that was a political refugee in the US.

Something Former CIA DIrector Woosley found so offensive..selling a US Citizen to Turkey...that Woosley stepped down as an advisor to the Trump Campaign.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 31-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Damiel

Flynn's biggest worries right now aren't in what he has done, I think his biggest worries at the moment are how the things he has done are perceived and how that will take root in the court of public opinion.

link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Olivine

If necessary the justice department can prosecute Flynn regardless of his immunity status with Congress.

Immunity from congress and justice are the same thing...

That's just the way the law works.

That is why Congress affords justice a first opinion on whether immunity is granted...because if they grant immunity, it could invalidate an ongoing investigation.

Your post seems exactly wrong?

Okay, so you're saying immunity is an umbrella that covers everything and the legal expert on Fox news says that immunity with Congress is not the same thing as immunity from being prosecuted by the Department of Justice. Since I am not an attorney, will just leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

If necessary the justice department can prosecute Flynn regardless of his immunity status with Congress.

That is why Congress affords justice a first opinion on whether immunity is granted...because if they grant immunity, it could invalidate an ongoing investigation.

Okay, so you're saying immunity is an umbrella that covers everything and the legal expert on Fox news says that immunity with Congress is not the same thing as immunity from being prosecuted by the Department of Justice. Since I am not an attorney, will just leave it at that.

Unless double jeopardy is a foreign term to you, then they are the same thing. He wants immunity from prosecution...and seeing as how you cant be tried for the same crime twice.....

I will just leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Congress is a legal authority...They literally make the laws..

I have been reading up on Congressional and DOJ Immunity..

Chaffetz comment today was true..if Congress issues immunity, it means DOJ/FBI can not prosecute for that immunity.

DOJ and Congressional immunity are inter-changeable..Whatever legal expert on Fox News said, or you think he said..is not true...according to several legal sites I read this AM.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone
and there you go - the court of public opinion
that's us

or at least part of it !

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Man it's getting tougher by the day for the cult to defend this whole thing isn't it.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
Man it's getting tougher by the day for the cult to defend this whole thing isn't it.

Nah..

Fake News!!!

Michael Flynn isn't even a real person...Have you ever met him? Then STFU!!!

Fake Liberal Media..inventing people that don't exist!! All to try and stop Trump from making America great Again!...Sad! Sick!

Lot's of people have said, I have read it everywhere!... there is no Michael Flynn!!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: DJW001

Yep, deflect because you can not answer the question.

Thanks for playing!

I repeat: He admits to having been an unregistered foreign agent, lied about his contacts with Russian officials, and was probably one of the staffers whose communication with Russians was intercepted.

Who is deflecting now?

same thing with podesta aswell. im surprised the story hasent made it to the front page of ATS with the fervor. a whole $35million in assets

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

Thanks for playing!

I repeat: He admits to having been an unregistered foreign agent, lied about his contacts with Russian officials, and was probably one of the staffers whose communication with Russians was intercepted.

Who is deflecting now?

same thing with podesta aswell. im surprised the story hasent made it to the front page of ATS with the fervor. a whole $35million in assets

The problem with that is it is a story built out of cow-patties.

The gamble that political leaning makes people stupid is expiring...little by little..

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale
Deflection,Look Squirrel! Your avatar backs your post..

edit on 31-3-2017 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

Thanks for playing!

Who is deflecting now?

The problem with that is it is a story built out of cow-patties.

The gamble that political leaning makes people stupid is expiring...little by little..

thats not the point though. its the fact that people are completely willing to go on witch hunts if its the other party but dont even want others to dig into the other side when similiar improprieties pop up. not saying flynn is innocent btw. i personally despise the guy.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
Adam Schiff has just said Flynns move is Momentus

Mr Schiff said in a statement that the panel would discuss any such request with the Justice Department and the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Mr Flynn's step was "grave and momentous", he added.

The California Democrat also said: "As with any investigation - and particularly one that grows in severity and
magnitude by the day - there is still much work and many more witnesses and documents to obtain before any immunity request from any witness can be considered."

Same article, but an "opinion" aside ok ? - read and contemplate for 2 minutes, seriously

Why immunity? Anthony Zurcher, BBC News, Washington

Michael Flynn may have a "story to tell", but what it is at this point is anybody's guess.

Donald Trump's critics will probably imagine grand revelations of possible campaign contacts with Russian operatives or even the "c" word - collusion.

Beyond the news reports of ongoing conversations between Flynn's lawyer and federal investigators, however, there is no firm ground for such speculation.

It's entirely possible the immunity request is nothing more than the former senior Trump adviser attempting to insulate himself from legal trouble if he were to answer detailed questions about his foreign contacts and lobbying efforts. For instance, if he actively represented overseas interests, he may have run afoul of federal disclosure rules. There's also the chance that Flynn could be uneasy about what he told FBI agents in January, when they asked about his conversations with Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak.

Either of those possibilities would be of great concern to Mr Flynn, who has a six-figure military pension to preserve, but it wouldn't be the kind of political bombshell that would directly threaten Mr Trump or his administration.

Flynn, then, is willing to be
the biggest, ever, whistleblower
Given that he is/was a hugely important part of Intel
He must be privy to a ton of 'things'
very smelly, laundry duds type things

He'll need serious protection, no ?

But the an idea hit me - deflection !

*Ats is a conspiracy site, right ?*

Michael Flynn testifies before however many hearings
doesn't say much, can't incriminate any one too much
pretty steadfast, whilst we're all on hand-bagin' each other

Because he knows he's beiong set up (in a sense)
What he knows or says
will be checked and re-checked
by the very services he used to run

He knows he can't lie
read this :

US intelligence officials had serious concerns about Michael Flynn’s appointment as the White House national security adviser because of his history of contacts with Moscow and his encounter with a woman who had trusted access to Russian spy agency records, the Guardian has learned.

US and British intelligence officers discussed Flynn’s “worrisome” behaviour well before his appointment last year by Donald Trump, multiple sources have said.

They raised concerns about Flynn’s ties to Russia and his perceived obsession with Iran.

They were also anxious about his capacity for “linear thought” and some actions that were regarded as highly unusual for a three-star general.

If you were to read to the end of the artice (and this could just be me)
Flynn could feasibly state that he was almost, very seriously, turned ...
turned by the oldest trick in the book : The honeypot

.. aside from having to explain the whole 'set up'
how the 'sevices' work and what they do
too a bunch of dorks ...

I'll bet a lot of what he would have to say
shouldn't be heard in public,
noooo plug your ears

For common sense reasons...
But we (me too) will all cry scandal !!

Whereas Flynn
could be tainted by the whiff of a True Patriot(tm)

and perhaps not so unreasonably so

im not exactly sure how your jumping to those conclusions when the qouted articles themselves are stating that it may well infact have everything to do with protecting flynn from himself and his own actions. i said it before that it wouldnt surprise me if this goes 180 degrees in the opposite direction then people expect. just look at flynns history. hes quite the wild card and its well known that he has no love for the previous admin.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I have a friend that said Flynn was going to request immunity, a week ago. I put it out of my mind after a few days...then, yesterday...there it was.

He also said Trump is going to resign, next week. I scoffed then, but now I wonder. He was flipping correct about Flynn!

So very odd.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Russia and the U.S. are in a Cold War and pretend like they are not.They have been doing this even when the communism ended with the USSR.They both spy on each other fellas.Bad news is the more NATO expansion happens it will result into WW3 and probably nuclear warfare.
So the effort to stop Russia won't work ever anyways.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: chaeone86
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wait for the flood of elementary school drop outs with crushes on trump to rationalize some angle to this news.

In the mean time, we should all be starring and flagging this up to the top.

time ATS does what ATS does best: question all authority. Not just the left nor right. But all. That's how I was brought into the fold of this site, came back after an 8 year break. It was a joke from its former self. A group of mudslingers with no intention other than to beat their opposition and pester any dissent with child like taunts and illogical, useless rhetoric.

So many mudslingers the TPTB had to create a literal mud pit forum for them. They can't even manage to stay there and are dirtying up the rest of the board too.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Satire:

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join