It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity - The Wall Street Journal

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: drock905

Personally...it smells like a trap to me. If immunity is given, then he could talk about anything...including previous administration shennanigans. If he is not taken up on it, most of the general public is going to think that there is nothing really there, regarding Trump.

Basically it's a put up or shut up deal. And I don't blame him a bit for covering his ass, regardless, of what he knows, did, or might be pinned on him.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I said this in the AM

originally posted by: Indigo5

On the Granting of Immunity...The FBI would need to do it, not congress. Congress doesn't like to grant immunity because it could interfere with Parallel Criminal Investigations by DOJ.

Chaffetz just said this

He added: “I don’t think Congress should give him immunity. If there’s an open investigation by the FBI, that should not happen. I also don’t believe that actually that the president should be weighing in on this. They’re the ones that actually would prosecute something.”

www.salon.com...

He's is not getting immunity..

The FBI's case is ongoing........
edit on 31-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: JoshuaCox

This is how I see everything the Democrats from the time Trump won after been stupefied, from it, decided that they were going to obstruct his presidency anyway or form the could find to do it.

That included to create a web of intrigue to surround his presidency with a veil like he was behind some kind masterminding scheme that was the reason Hillary and democrats lost the elections.

You're right! I personally saw the hand of the Democrats tweeting on Trumps twitter account how Obama had 'wiretapped' his phones. As I watched that I snickered and said "bwahahahahaha....now the dems are workin they magic" ... Damn those dems and their ability to create webs....friggin spiders!

link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Tell your friend it's too early on Friday to start drinking.

Hahaha hey it's night on the other side of the world so it's never to early.

link   
Michael Flynn is an example of a little guy who went astray and their now going to use him as a battering ram against Trump.

You don’t cross the deep state powers and get with it….they’ll get away you eventfully.

edit on 31-3-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I can see him asking for immunity if he has classified intel that the committee is demanding he share.

He can only "plead the 5th" if his testimony will incriminate him. He can't use the 5th Amendment to protect the President or any of his staff. If he has personal knowledge of collusion within the Trump Campaign, that doesn't indict him any more than the transcripts that the Intel Community already has on him, he can be compelled to testify and the 5th Amendment won't protect from contempt charges.

If he needs to plead the 5th to protect himself, he's in trouble.

edit on 31-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Sillo

"No, officer, I was only robbing the bank to point out how slow the cops are! It was for America, honest!"

He was a white hat bank robber not a black hat 😅
edit on 31-3-2017 by Sillo because: Not sure how to fix the quotes on an iPhone

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Maybe. But, thus far, he seems to be pretty good at luring his opposition into his snares. I can't help but remember his pre-debate presser where everyone showed up to listen the Clinton Victims brigade.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Semantics are all you got apparently.

Are you really going to act like you have never heard the common idiom "plead the fifth"?

Even your most trusted news sources use it all the time.

Former Clinton aide expected to plead the 5th in response to email inquiries
www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog
a reply to: Grimpachi

Maybe. But, thus far, he seems to be pretty good at luring his opposition into his snares.

Snares?...you make it sound so sophisticated.

It's more like a guy passing gas on a crowded elevator and then shouting that it stinks in here! Whats wrong with you people!

The President of The Untied States of America says/tweets stupid stuff..The press feels like they need to cover it. He attacks the press for covering it.

Nothing more sophisticated then that.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The only ones that can grant immunity is congress and the DOJ, so far congress has no taken Flynn on his offer.

I wonder why.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

www.cnn.com...

People plead the 5th for different reasons..

Best to take people at their word on motivations...

"when you are given immunity, that means you have probably committed a crime"
- Michael Flynn 2016

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Semantics are all you got apparently.

Are you really going to act like you have never heard the common idiom "plead the fifth"?

Even your most trusted news sources use it all the time.

www.cnn.com...

I think his point was, pleading the fifth may not shield him from prosecution anyway if he can be found in contempt. Flynn's largest concern seems to be avoiding prosecution, not in giving up information.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The only ones that can grant immunity is congress and the DOJ, so far congress has no taken Flynn on his offer.

I wonder why.

Obvious answers...

(A) Congress doesn't want him to testify..

(B) The FBI has asked them not to grant it and wont grant it themselves..Because
...Either they have a strong enough ongoing case against Flynn where they are confident charges will come and don't want it shut down
OR
...Justice is corrupted by Trump Admin and Doesn't want Flynn testifying.
edit on 31-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Did you miss the word "probably"?

Flynn probably used the word "probably" on purpose instead of the word "definitely" because a samll percentage of people granted immunity are probably innocent.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

If Democrats within the intelligence committee wanted him to testified they would have pushed into congress by now.

Plain and simple, is not conspiracy here democrats are part of the intelligence committee.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Michael Flynn’s Immunity Request Rejected By Senate Intelligence Committee

Rep. Adam Schiff, D.-Calif., the ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, acknowledged in a statement that the Justice Department's interest in Flynn's testimony could take precedence over Congress' wish to hear from him.

www.nbcnews.com...

So let get this straight, the intelligence committee have not interest in Flynn testimony but the DOJ now under the Trump administration may grant that immunity because even when congress do not want his testimony the DOJ may do.

Great.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Flynn wants to be interview he have something to say, but he doesn't want the witch hunt to go after him for what he have to say regardless of who's toes he may step in.

He was very vocal on Hillary "supposedly crimes" and all his aides that took the fifth so let see what he have to say that may be no so good for the side that is trying to find anything on the Russia affair.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

No. I've heard it often enough.

A former State Department IT technician who set up Hillary Clinton's private email server in her home may face criminal charges for avoiding multiple subpoenas to testify on Clinton's email server.

freebeacon.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Flynn wants to be interview he have something to say,

I agree, completely.

but he doesn't want the witch hunt to go after him for what he have to say

Which really shouldn't worry him unless he's a witch, right?

He was very vocal on Hillary "supposedly crimes" and all his aides that took the fifth so let see what he have to say that may be no so good for the side that is trying to find anything on the Russia affair.

Right. And depending which side of the aisle you stand on, it could be great news or devastating news.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join