It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity - The Wall Street Journal

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: RickinVa

If he is part of a C.I. program this is being used for a reason. They do not have to tell the media the truth and he would have zero rights if he was found in the treason area.

He has been gone for weeks. Could have already spilled his info.

Again best case scenario it's a bipartisan takedown from president to congress. We get early elections both sides.

Whether you like it or not we need liberals and conservatives to have meaningful productive debate for the cohesive whole. The demoplicans have ruined us.

"Again best case scenario it's a bipartisan takedown from president to congress. We get early elections both sides."

Not how it works....impeach Trump and all you get is President Pence and VP Paul Ryan.

I do not care for Ryan and certainly would hate to see him move up to the VP position.

That's the truth...Pence from a pure policy perspective is much worse for liberals than Trump.

Much more of the GOP agenda would get done under a Pence/Ryan WH.

All that said...I don't care..it's not agenda...Anyone working with a foreign power to eff with our free elections needs to be held accountable and publicly. At some point it's not politics it's sovereignty.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Aegeus
a reply to: Gryphon66

This has been confirmed as "fake news". Sorry, but Flynn isn't asking for immunity, he will also not be testifying.

Proof? Every news source I can find liberal or conservative says otherwise.

He is only counting infowars...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Indigo5

Nize catch.

that guys a living typing encyclopedia.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ManufacturedDissent

There are threads about this. Please stay on topic. Don't bring the mods down on this thread.
🎶 thank you.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: Krazysh0t

THIS....

Ok...I actually watch the public hearings..

What was weird to me.....Something Comey said in the hearing when asked how Russia Compromises people...

Or ...

“Romance could be a feature,” Comey said. “Somebody dating someone [creates] a close relationship, and the U.S. government person thinks that they’re in love with this person and vice versa, and the other person is actually an agent of a foreign power.

“That’s a classic example,” he said.

www.npr.org...

It seemed a strange thing to interject at the time..

NOW see this breaking news...

Flynn’s erratic conduct had troubled US intelligence officials for some time, multiple sources have told the Guardian.

One concern involved an encounter with a Russian-British graduate student, Svetlana Lokhova, whom Flynn met on a trip to Cambridge in February 2014.

At the time, Flynn was one of the top US spies and the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA),

Flynn and Lokhova were introduced to each other at the end of a dinner attended by 20 guests who included Sir Richard Dearlove – the former head of MI6 – and Prof Christopher Andrew, the official MI5 historian.

Flynn says the meeting with Lokhova was “incidental” and lasted just 20 minutes. However, Andrew has said Flynn invited Lokhova to accompany him on his next official visit to Moscow to help with simultaneous translation.

Though there is no suggestion of impropriety, Flynn would have been expected to “self report” any conversation with an unknown person, especially with links to an “adversary” country, such as Russia.

Flynn did not disclose his conversation with Lokhova, the Wall Street Journal reported.

Multiple sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the CIA and FBI were discussing this episode, along with many others, as they assessed Flynn’s suitability to serve as national security adviser.

The Cambridge meeting was part of a wider pattern of “maverick” behaviour which included repeated contacts with Russia, the sources said.

www.theguardian.com...

None of it is conclusive...and it might be nothing...But it might be something..

The coc aine snorter?

www.dailymail.co.uk... battle.html

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Don't...it's a trap.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I don't think they will take him up on it.
I think they will just subpoena him and put him under oath.
Uncle Sam doesn't take kindly to being lied to.
He knows the penalty. He knows who and what he's up against.
And yeah I agree this whole immunity thing is just to lead the narrative over the weekend.
Unfortunately the pivot on a dime tactic of the trump presidency still winds up pointing at Russia. It's spin the bottle in a house of mirrors and every reflection is Putin.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Yes. Actually it's the one thing he's done that I don't have a problem with if his (Gorsuch) reputation is deserved.
It's the next appointment that could be an issue.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Yeah if there was a major piece of legislation on board right now all we'd see is the split in Ryan's blazer.

He's on that list.

So who ...Gowdy? Chavez?

Lindsey Graham lol ?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My friend has theory on Trump. Said foreign Intel has been trying to manipulate US elections since forever. He says what Trump ment by draining the swamp actually ment foreign intelligence in the US. Hiring Flynn and other foreign Intel was a way to make it look like he's on there side and An investigation could get started. Which is why it's all happening now.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillo
My friend has theory on Trump. Said foreign Intel has been trying to manipulate US elections since forever. He says what Trump ment by draining the swamp actually ment foreign intelligence in the US. Hiring Flynn and other foreign Intel was a way to make it look like he's on there side and An investigation could get started. Which is why it's all happening now.

Tell your friend it's too early on Friday to start drinking.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillo

"No, officer, I was only robbing the bank to point out how slow the cops are! It was for America, honest!"

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Sorry to ruin the delusional echo chamber here but Flynn is not going to testify after all.
edit on 31-3-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Are you basing that statement on the Senate Committee rejecting his immunity request?

Both the House and Senate committees have subpoena power. So saying he's not going to testify might be premature at this point.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And Flynn has the constitutionally protected right to not self-incriminate himself by volunatarily participating in a witch hunt.

They can subpoena.

He can plead the fifth.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's beginning to look as though the WH is in it deep. Their world is crumbling around them and the walls are closing in. One thing I have to agree with Trump on...this is going to be a Presidency like no other.

I still find it extremely funny that Mike Flynn said "anyone looking for immunity has likely committed a crime" and now decries unfair prosecution.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Phage

And Flynn has the constitutionally protected right to not self-incriminate himself by volunatarily participating in a witch hunt.

They can subpoena.

He can plead the fifth.

The only question right now that should be asked of Flynn is "You were a soldier...are the American people greater than you personally and aren't they worth the sacrifice? If so you should answer the questions and testify no matter where it leads you personally."

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

This is how I see everything the Democrats from the time Trump won after been stupefied, from it, decided that they were going to obstruct his presidency anyway or form the could find to do it.

That included to create a web of intrigue to surround his presidency with a veil like he was behind some kind masterminding scheme that was the reason Hillary and democrats lost the elections.

Their game is base on fake information and they are webbing themselves soo much that is going to backfire on their arses.

I can not wait to see the end of it.

Because is no going to make the voters very happy because they are making idiots of themselves and the intelligent voters in our nation.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

The fifth is not a plea.

Nor are the committees putting anyone on trial.

Even when a committee is faced with a Fifth Amendment privilege assertion, there may still be ways for the committee to obtain the witness’s testimony. The committee may choose to reject the witness’s privilege assertion, essentially determining that the privilege does not apply to the type of testimony or documents sought from the witness. After rejecting the privilege, the committee may choose to invoke criminal contempt of Congress or attempt to enforce the subpoena in civil litigation if the witness continues to refuse to comply with the subpoena.

fas.org...
edit on 3/31/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join