It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity - The Wall Street Journal

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Just doesn't make any logical since for the DOJ to grant him immunity if they have enough already on him to prosecute.

That's kind of the precise pivot...

Flynn is gambling that they don't have enough to build a full case against him and this is his chance to erase that possibility.

It's interesting because Flynn has a few things going on for him..

* He was once Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency...So he has a reasonable understanding of the intelligence communities abilities, methods and capacity for gathering evidence. He can do a good job speculating about what they have and don't have on him.

* When he was Director of DIA, some among his staff complained he was a little unhinged and lied about stuff. There was a phrase bandied about by staff..."Flynn Facts"..
So he has clearly demonstrated a willingness to lie...even to the Vice President of the United States most recently..

Put that together and he might very well figure out what they have on him and build a story around those data points that makes him appear entirely innocent.

The fact that the DOJ isn't taking his offer (yet)...That could mean either the Trump Administration has applied pressure to DOJ and is looking to scuttle him testifying..Or it could mean that they feel they have enough on him where they feel they don't need to offer him immunity.

The only (publicly known) laws he has broken?

The Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA)
His failure to register as a foreign Agent of Turkey...and outright denying last year he got money from them...When it was later disclosed he got 500k+ in the fall of 2016.

His failure to disclose direct payments from RT Media...as required in his security clearance application...and also in his agreement as a former government/intelligence official where he is required to disclose the payments.

Recent reporting has said the FBI has 3 different Russian entities that paid Flynn last year that were not disclosed.

What they have on him (non-public) is not known.

On the Granting of Immunity...The FBI would need to do it, not congress. Congress doesn't like to grant immunity because it could interfere with Parallel Criminal Investigations by DOJ.

Once granted immunity, a witness can be held in Contempt of Court for not answering questions, but not sure if a Congressional Contempt threat holds the same legal consequence.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I wish people would read their posts before hitting reply.
I'm going to blame auto correct guys but please. Be your own editor before you submit.

PS. Thank you.
edit on 3312017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ten bucks says that none of those things are going to be pursued by anyone who matters because there is nothing to pursue.

The invoking of the blatant Uranium One lie is enough to invalidate that list.

They never get enough of it though.

What do you mean by that? What's a lie about that story?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yeah that must be why Trump's approval numbers are in the 30's to 40's depending on source (and dropping) with all of them showing net disapproval being higher than net approval.

And Hillary is going to win hands down by those same sources...lol

With all of Hollywood and the media, and of 50% of the population against him about 30 seconds after he hit 270 votes, what do you expect from the sheepl masses. The bottom line is Trump is working down his list of everything he said he would do in his campaign. Not even at 100 days and he is deeply into his list...you don't like his list, xx% of America doesn't like his list, it doesn't really matter does it since that is what he got elected for...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillo

Ten bucks says that none of those things are going to be pursued by anyone who matters because there is nothing to pursue.

The invoking of the blatant Uranium One lie is enough to invalidate that list.

They never get enough of it though.

What do you mean by that? What's a lie about that story?

Off topic here.

But in short, there was a series of mergers between several Canadian, Kazakhstani and Russian mining companies. These were all approved by the Committee on Foreign Investment (9 members of which the State Department is only one) and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Any uranium mined in the US will stay in the US.

Clinton recused herself from the decision made by the Committee.

It's a totally BS story. There's a thread here with detailed links if you want to follow-up.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManufacturedDissent
I have this feeling that the left is about to get played by Trump and Co again.

How or to what end, I haven't a clue but I do know that anyone watching over the past year with an open mind can see that the media has become an echo chamber of anti-Trump and has been out maneuvered more than once.

That said, if there has been wrong doings then the parties should be held accountable.

Yeah that must be why Trump's approval numbers are in the 30's to 40's depending on source (and dropping) with all of them showing net disapproval being higher than net approval.

Didn't say he was doing a great job. Never even hinted at that.

Honestly where did you even get that from what I posted. I stated, and stand by it, that if thier was any wrong doing persons involved should be held accountable.

I don't favor right over left or whatever the democratic party is now. I try to side with integrity and accountability which ever side of the aisle that may fall.

So, yes if Flynn has done wrong bring out the evidence and get the show on the road. Same for Trump. Same for Hilary and team pizza.

Try to remember that these are two sides to the same coin. What a krazy world we live in where the ignorant are paraded as intellectuals and hypocrisy has just become a fancy word for normal.

living up to your name.
edit on 3/31/2017 by ManufacturedDissent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ManufacturedDissent

LOL ... and "team pizza" is totally objective and free of any prejudice or partisanship?

Thanks for a good belly laugh this morning!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Really? What on Trump's list has he actually accomplished besides the nomination of Gorsuch?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aegeus
a reply to: Gryphon66

This has been confirmed as "fake news". Sorry, but Flynn isn't asking for immunity, he will also not be testifying.

Seeing as Flynn's attorney has repeatedly publicly confirmed the request for immunity..

You appear to be spreading Fake News and Propaganda..

ATS would be a better place without your sort.

Letter from Flynn's Attorney:
www.cnn.com...

On a side note...His Attorney is Covington and Burling, LLP

They Lobbied for Blackwater XE (owned by Eric Prince - Betsy Devos, Trumps Education Secretaries Brother).
They also defended one of Chris Christies aides for the NJ Traffic/Bridge Corruption trial.
en.wikipedia.org...

ALSO...Flynn's Attorney said this on November 12th last year..

Robert Kelner, an attorney at Covington & Burling LLP who is serving as Flynn’s counsel, predicted in 2016 that Trump as president would expand the use of presidential pardons in ways that the country had never seen before.

“A prediction: Donald Trump will make novel and unusual use of the President’s pardon power,” he wrote last November, in a tweet cited by Bruce Bartlett on Friday morning.

Kelner also went on to describe presidential pardons as “an under-utilized tool of political power.”

www.rawstory.com...

Hmmmmmmmmm.......

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He took away protection for TG kids.

He took credit for the TPP.

Aside from that, it's been one bumbling face-plant after another.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You aren't fooling anyone with your claims to be non-partisan. The fact that you still think there is anything to Pizzagate proves your partisanship.
edit on 31-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It's troll bait...No one selling that story actually believes it at this stage.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I trust you. Thanks for that info. Didn't know she recused herself, that part is knew to me.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Really? What on Trump's list has he actually accomplished besides the nomination of Gorsuch?

Without derailing the thread, I'll just say, Lots of things...meaningful things.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Without derailing the thread, I'll just say, Lots of things...meaningful things.

Like what?
edit on 31-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillo

I trust you. Thanks for that info. Didn't know she recused herself, that part is knew to me.

That's the testimony of her Deputy Secretary, but, no reason to doubt it.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I was a naive teenager when Nixon went down. I had volunteered at his campaign post in North Babylon NY for his second run. I believed he would listen to the protesters and end our involvement in the Vietnam war.
Yes this politics thing bit me pretty early on. I was a 14 year old handing out flyers and buttons in the parking lot of Waldbaums grocery store. Lol.
I was devastated by Watergate. I felt horribly betrayed. I still voted for Regan in my first election. Again in his second run. It was after that I switched to being a dem.
I was let down. I didn't want to believe it but I also didn't throw out the evidence just because it made the man I had supported look bad. I didn't say oh baloney. (BS wasn't part of my teenage lexicon)
I said that's awful. I didn't try to deny he had done it. I watched in tears for over a year and when he resigned I cried more. Still I didn't say this is not true.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

LOL ... and "team pizza" is totally objective and free of any prejudice or partisanship?

Thanks for a good belly laugh this morning!

Laughs at the incredible mountain of circumstantial evidence about child/organ trafficking and corruption within the government and expects to be taken seriously.

Again, if you step back and objectively look at the evidence there shold be investigations.

Or not, and the chance of kids being trafficked is funny to you.

I've devoted time to reading and researching that sinister topic and, if you look objectively, there is something to this.

I doubt you'll take the time or have the intestinal fortitude to research it.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Well he's certainly entitled to his opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

That's spooky. I read his post and said the same thing ...Again?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join