It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESL/Foreign Language Learning a la ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone else has been thinking about learning another language lately....I have definitely been doing that.....

we have so many people here who are able to read, write, and speak more than one language --- could we share?
Have an ATS "translation" and "definition" and "idioms" thing.

Remembering that the site itself is in ENGLISH, could we do sort of an ATS dictionary "English to Yourlanguage" thing?

edit on 3/30/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

If anyone has a better title suggestion to help with SERPs, say so!
edit on 3/30/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: FLL/ESL Foreign Language Learning/English as a Second Language.....

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I am fluent in the unknown and sacred language of Trolls.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

mkay....show us your syllabus!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

mkay....show us your syllabus!

I suspect showing you that would involve bending over and dropping the drawers. Just guessing what a troll syllabus might look like.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

ha. In my experience, trolls seem to do most of their instruction from a safe distance, under a bridge or behind the screen, shall we say.

Buzzy, I am definitely interested if we get any takers! I can whip up an English syllabus.. or we could try to collaborate or however you like to do it.

Fun idea!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Back around 2013 I thought it would be a neat idea to have a place here in ATS where we may be able to practice and learn another's language. It didn't fly then because it was against the T&Cs to communicate in other than English.

Anyway the thread died, but I don't have a green thumb when it comes to threads, so maybe someone else could get something started that would fall within the T&Cs and make it work.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I hope so. We really do need to build bridges.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Does code language count? HTML, Java, C++. etc?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
I have played around with HTML and Java a few years back. I don't remember a thing about them, so learning those again is not a bad idea.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I don't know much HTML, just a little bit of CSS, but - I was thinking more of conversational languages. Can you write a properly constructed sentence in code?

For example -- the question I just typed. How would you translate that into "code"?

top topics

join