It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Trump university alumni sue Trump for fraud

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Trump paid 25 million to former students for an 80% recoup on what they spent. These students now sue Trump for a 100% refund. They say Trump university was a fraud. Trump university was a fraud university set up and run by a crook named Michael Sexton. The ads stated Trump university would teach students Trump's business secrets to real estate success. Instead, the students were given 5 years old videos that were useless. Overall, Trump university was the worst Trump brand business ever. No question about that.

Michael Sexton that crook went into hiding to escape justice.

Trump earns more than 500 millions income annually. He can easily shell out a few millions more to fully refund Trump university alumni who got conned by Michael Sexton that crook.

link
edit on 30-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ah, so the gullible have now been persuaded by the lawyers that they were duped into thinking that their decision to "learn the secrets of Trump" was not a bad decision, but a decision where they hold no blame. None at all. None.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
IF you are stupid enough to pay someone for a real estate seminar, you kinda deserve it.

"get free money to pay your bills"

"get money, the government doesn't even know about"

"try my product"

"but houses using other peoples money"

"hi, I'm NIck Vertucci, pay me for my fortunes in flipping CD"

ETC......forever

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: added

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

And never trust an ad that says will endow you with business secrets.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Yep, they will make you broker, just like a broker.

I am trying to think back and look for bad business/ financial decisions I made and see if there is someone I can sue.

Ah, never mind, I need to get back to work.

Thnx for sharing story, I am going to read up on the a bit
edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
IF you are stupid enough to pay someone for a real estate seminar, you kinda deserve it.

"get free money to pay your bills"

"get money, the government doesn't even know about"

"try my product"

"but houses using other peoples money"

ETC......forever

Seriously. I mean what kind of rock do you have to be living under to not know the get rich in real estate seminar scams? People always looking for a way to make a quick buck.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Trump went to Wharton school. No business school teaches business secrets. You figure out secrets on your own through experience.
edit on 30-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Ah, so the gullible have now been persuaded by the lawyers that they were duped into thinking that their decision to "learn the secrets of Trump" was not a bad decision, but a decision where they hold no blame. None at all. None.

How dare you expect people to be held responsible for their poor life decisions!
/sarc

Not saying I think people getting scammed is acceptable. But I don't really consider this a scam when people just didn't read the fine print... Like they found the easy button for becoming a billionaire and then when they realize it takes a select skill-set they don't posses they claimed it was a fraud.

Sure they got duped.
But only because of they're own ignorance.
edit on 30-3-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Lmao! I hear that one all the time.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Yeah, I flip houses.

There are not many shortcuts, if you want to deliver a quality product to a buyer and not get sued.

Most of these guys flipped a couple houses, got burnt out, then started selling the cd's talking about it using luxury props.

They actually start make money at that point.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Look at all the Trump apologists blaming the victims. People that were trying to better their lives. You people are sick.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Much like the gullible who voted for Trump to "make America great again".

Suckers....

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Trump is running again in 2020. He is doing as best as he can.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Somebody somewhere accepted the settlement and at this point, I am not sure if they can file another suit. Most likely the lawyers are the ones they should sue, because if they were not happy with the settlement, they should not have agreed to drop the suit and accept the payment. No doubt the lawyers were happy with the settlement which ensured them a hefty payday and no court time which risk a verdict against them or at least an amount that could have been less.

I am not sure how much involvement Mr. Trump had in this arrangement but he did lend his name to the outfit. Perhaps the Plaintiffs should pursue the gentlemen who was actually operating the University to recoup the remaining 20% investment they willingly made.

If someone is so enamored with a public figure whether it be Mr. trump or Warren Buffet and they give someone a large amount of money in order to be just like them then maybe they should realize that there are no guarantees. Many people have paid lots of money to musicians over the years so they could learn to play just like them only to find that an expensive guitar, lessons from someone who is consider "great" and long hair does not make a great musician.

Same rules apply for a business, you can learn the basics, invest money in a project development but if it doesn't sell or not attractive to other investors then its just business. Apparently these people did not get what they were promised wherein lies the fraud, but even with everything there are still no guarantees of success.

Mr. Trump should have done a better job protecting his name but people should also realize that even personal lessons from a billionaire on how to do it does not mean you will be a billionaire. they should be happy with what they received as far as a settlement or at least go after the person who was most likely responsible for the fraud.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
I am not sure how much involvement Mr. Trump had in this arrangement but he did lend his name to the outfit. Perhaps the Plaintiffs should pursue the gentlemen who was actually operating the University to recoup the remaining 20% investment they willingly made.

Trump university was one of several hundred Trump brand businesses. It was conceived and run by a crook called Michael Sexton. Trump was a co owner but he did not run it. Michael Sexton went into hiding, never to be found again.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You know. When I go to college, as Trump University was trying to pass itself off as, I expect to learn skills that can translate into a career to make me money, not be a complete gamble on if they will be useful in reality or not. The second thing is called fraud.
edit on 30-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sorry I'm a little confused.

If the people already sued and won what right do they have to due again?

Did they not have to accept the award they accepted the first time?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Are these the same schmucks that failed at flipping burgers at Mc'dees ?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Lawyers don't chase ambulances anymore I guess. I am sick of seeing class action lawsuit advertisements and Pharma commercials.

The people who were talked into getting degrees at most universities and who took out big loans to do so should be suing these universities also, they could use the money working at Walmart and Subway and grocery stores. The lawyers will definitely make more overall than the ones suing, it is lucky if the student will get their money back, the lawyers get almost as much for two weeks work overall.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You know. When I go to college, as Trump University was trying to pass itself off as, I expect to learn skills that can translate into a career to make me money, not be a complete gamble on if they will be useful in reality or not. The second thing is called fraud.

I don't always go to college, but when I do I make sure it's not located in a hotel banquet hall.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join