It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laughable threats from the EU

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

What i find more disturbing is that The Scottish Nationalist Party would like Scotland to be a part of this crackpots empire.

edit on 30-3-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You realize that "Calexit" is just posturing right? There is no more a chance that California will leave the nation then when Texas attempts these same stunts when a Democratic President is in charge. It's all just posturing.

But surely it would be idea! It can join the EU and let in as many immigrants and refugees as its libral hearts desires!

Yeah just like all those crazies in Texas dreaming of a conservative paradise when they demanded that Texas secede from the Union during Obama's Presidency.

I'm from Texas, and your looking at it through the wrong lense. Many of us from there may look "conservative", but you can't brush with a broad stroke on the second biggest state.

Many Texans just want to do things their own way. It was only a few years ago they stopped doing state funded colleges for $85 a credit hour (probably because of no state income tax and the current economy). Is that conservative?

I haven't been in years but the roads and schools were in incredible shape last time I was there.

And who wouldn't want to be part of a country who wasn't at war all the time?

Just because you perceive their wishes as posturing and conservative charged doesn't make it so.

When I went to school we said the Texas pledge of allegiance before there American pledge. And I'm sure you've seen Texans flaunt that they are just that more than others.

You're welcome to criticize that and other Texan cultures, but that wouldn't be very open minded.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Every time I hear someone making threats online or typing in upper case letters I keep thinking of this desert rain frog:

SNP got into power, because Scots were fed up of the politicking of the other parties. Before New Labour, Labour party officials would use local taxpayers money to go off on "fact-finding junckets" to Poland or South Africa (gettin' yer phottie taken with Nelson Mandela was aye a' way of gaining brownie points with the big chiefs doon in London). Conservatives were a bit better but blew it with the privatization of everything so that the profits ended up being funneled into city shareholder profits, merging of regiments to save votes down South and the Poll tax, where property tax was based on the number of adults living in a house. The latter was the final straw. It penalized farming families who shared large homes with their relatives. Family homes in the cities ended up being subdivided into luxury flats for singles, only to create a desperate shortage of family homes which could not be replaced. Liberals were an alternative but blew it with attempts to rival everyone else for loony policies. Look for the cartoon series based on Councillor Swick.

Scotland depends on the EU for agricultural subsidies and international students. Universities get rated on how "internationally diverse" their staff are. More brownie points the less Scottish staff there are.
edit on 30-3-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Sounds like justification for the US to help cause the end of this hated Union.

pffft, US exploits the EU as its Eastern front against Russia. If the Union dissolved so would NATO.

Put that in your pipe and 'moke it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Scotland depends on the EU for agricultural subsidies and international students. Universities get rated on how "internationally diverse" their staff are. More brownie points the less Scottish staff there are.

Selling ones soul to the devil comes to mind.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: smurfy

The UK directly transfers more money to the EU than is returned. That is a fact I'm surprised you didn't know.

We know that, though directly is not the best word to use, however I gave you the figure I don't know how many times now, what's your point?...second thoughts don't bother.
edit on 30-3-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Common core and student overpopulation has ruined the schools. Language barriers take up time with the educators and leave pretty much all of the youngsters lacking.

Roads are still decent as long as you steer clear of Austin and its magic toll roads. Surprised the commie bastards don't charge by the hour.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

What i find more disturbing is that The Scottish Nationalist Party would like Scotland to be a part of this crackpots empire.

Nothing new there, as a..sort of aside,
Alex Salmond wanted Trump to be part of Scotland's heritage, and nearly allowed Trump to kick people off their land, thankfully he eventually catched on though.
Funny thing is, the major crackpot/deceit artist turns out to be Nigel Farage. He's the man that said in May 2016 , if the referendum vote turns out to be 52% to remain in the EU against 49% leave, my work is unfinished....almost the same figure in reverse as the actual referendum...he wasn't going to accept such a narrow vote, now he is telling all the remainers to wise up, get real blah blah..Oh! and of course, Nigel is still an MEP collecting his dough, not that he goes there so much, unless perhaps there is a free feed going on...the gravy train.

edit on 30-3-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
As i have said numerous times all this bluster from Junker and the EU just confirms that my leave vote Was a vote well used.

Junker and the EU are a joke...just not a very good one.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Nigel is still an MEP collecting his dough, not that he goes there so much, unless perhaps there is a free feed going on...the gravy train.

Sure that speaks poorly of Nigel. But what does that say of the EU that lets him?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Nigel is still an MEP collecting his dough, not that he goes there so much, unless perhaps there is a free feed going on...the gravy train.

Sure that speaks poorly of Nigel. But what does that say of the EU that lets him?

Whats the point in any of our MEP's turning up at all now?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Whats the point in any of our MEP's turning up at all now?

None. which makes it more stupid the EU is still willing to pay them when it can spend that money on something more useful.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Why are you getting so bent out of shape? It didn't happen anyways.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Hardly bent out of shape. Just trying to offer perspective.

Everything doesn't always boil down to left or right.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Yeah I didn't think you were 'bent out of shape' I thought your comments were reasoned and calm.
You didn't post emotive words like crazies while referring to a socio demographic of Texan people.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Back on topic, the latest threats are that if the UK doesn't pay the exit fee (some suggesting 60 billion!) then negotiations won't start.

Also in a leaked draft document on the EU's Brexit strategy, it states Spain will have a veto on whether Gibraltar will be included in the Brexit deal...
www.bbc.co.uk...

I can't believe how the liberal media have manipulated people into thinking that we Brexiteers are the bad nasty guys. I would say we are angels if you compare us against the actions of the EU.

Supposedly Theresa May went around Europe at Christmas hoping to agree to giving the rights of EU and British citizens to stay in their current countries, yet apparently it was blocked by Germany.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Any perceived benefits of Brexit have to be stamped on by the EU or others may choose to leave.
It was always going to be hard bargaining.
edit on 31.3.2017 by grainofsand because: stupid auto correct

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Regardless it didn't and won't happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: 83Liberty

Any perceived benefits of Brexit have to be stamped on by the EU or others may choose to leave.
It was always going to be hard bargaining.

But wouldn't that just show how spiteful and nasty the EU really are?! If we have a bad deal the EU will also have a bad deal and I don't think that will be welcomed by EU citizens or business.

The free movements of people is seen as a benefit by the EU, so surely they will refuse to give us that too then?

edit on 83038bAmerica/ChicagoFri, 31 Mar 2017 15:38:05 -05003117 by 83Liberty because: typo

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Like the EU's problems don't stem from their own stupid policies. I love how they are so blind to their own self inflicted wounds

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join