It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laughable threats from the EU

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

People laughed at the United Kingdom Independence Party (and I occasionally still do) but their 20 odd year campaign got the result.
Without UKIP there would not be a great repeal bill being presented to parliament today.

Be careful dismissing any political ideology.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I do realize that, I just found it funny that the leftist EU would name drop Texas over the liberal Utopia that is California. It makes no sense. The guy must be completely nuts.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
hee hee, Ohio.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: smurfy
This sounds more like a rant about something tongue in cheek.
As for the EU, we are out of it now, and already paying the price with more to come, probably big time too, there will be no big projects around the country with EU funds like Northwest Wales got, and our little Britain parliament will certainly not be handing out big bucks for big projects, it was never much their forte, they'll just return to taxing the crap out of us...their way.
The EU will go on without us, and will likely prosper.

Come on Smurfy, it's a great time for the U.K. We paid far more money into the club than we ever got back and we will have to invest in our industries and infrastructure now. The E.U has held us back, with Germany and France monopolising manufacturing. We were treated as a tourist destination and also a cash cow to the E.U project, which will not prosper as Germany and France will be a lot poorer when we leave.

Youv'e been listening to Boris too much, you are waaaay out. Britain was the eight largest net contributor, leaving about 7.1 bliion to the EU,while it gets 24 billion every year investment from the EU.
Contrast that to the Netherlands, which is the largest net contributor to the EU, paying in €8.3bn a year but receiving only €2bn back. The Netherlands, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Austria and France all have a larger net contribution than the UK.
Like manys another Brit, youv'e'been tangoed mate. Hard to take? that's too bad.
A message from the CBI, (The Confederation of British Industry) note; this is the group more than any other, (including government) that has British interests at heart.
“Our annual contribution is equivalent to £340 for each household, but that all the trade, investment, jobs and lower prices that come from our economic partnership with Europe is worth £3000 per year to every household.”

Read more at: inews.co.uk...

I've no more to say to people who wish to bury their head in the sand.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Ok. Just checking.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You realize that "Calexit" is just posturing right? There is no more a chance that California will leave the nation then when Texas attempts these same stunts when a Democratic President is in charge. It's all just posturing.

But surely it would be idea! It can join the EU and let in as many immigrants and refugees as its libral hearts desires!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
And there you have it in a nutshell.

The reason the sane inmates busted out of the EU loony bin.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

You realize that "Calexit" is just posturing right? There is no more a chance that California will leave the nation then when Texas attempts these same stunts when a Democratic President is in charge. It's all just posturing.

But surely it would be idea! It can join the EU and let in as many immigrants and refugees as its libral hearts desires!

Yeah just like all those crazies in Texas dreaming of a conservative paradise when they demanded that Texas secede from the Union during Obama's Presidency.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Nope, in direct transfer of funds, the UK pays more to the EU than is returned.
Every single big project as you mentioned earlier is UK cash coming back.

Now secondary or tertiary indirect financial benefits of being in the EU is a different argument.
You mentioned cash for big projects or whatever, actual membership cash paid back to us.
You were incorrect.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Krazy is correct, it's never going to happen. That said, I'd certainly not shed any tears if it did. Directly compared, the US collects $400 Billion from CA in federal taxes and spends about $350 Billion on CA in federal spending. A loss of $50 Billion, 1.25% of the overall budget... not a great loss.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Without the USA the EU would be a bunch of nazis solluting Adolph Hitler. They can threaten us all they want but communism failed and failed hard so they could just thank us. Good job, O.P., you make a salient point.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
he drunk too much
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Nope, in direct transfer of funds, the UK pays more to the EU than is returned.
Every single big project as you mentioned earlier is UK cash coming back.

Now secondary or tertiary indirect financial benefits of being in the EU is a different argument.
You mentioned cash for big projects or whatever, actual membership cash paid back to us.
You were incorrect.

I said that, I even give you a link that shows all, including the countries that get back more than they pay in. You forget what the EU is about, what goes into the coffers is budgeted, what comes back is budgeted for out of the EU coffers.

BTW, I guess too, that you didn't notice Ms May's remarks about us continuing to pay into the budget.

Value back in real terms because of common wealth is probably the most stable value of all, it's not a different debate, it's part and parcel. So I am being correct, you seem to choose to tally ignore it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Junker imbibes he doesn't do 'tongue in cheek'

Watch it unravel.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Urm, you do understand what being a net contributer to the EU means don't you?
It is all our money!
Every last 'grant' penny paid back to us on whatever project.
Wow, I thought everyone knew that.

WTF are you on about, I gave the figure, 7.1bn is the figure that goes to the EU budget...it doesn't come back, other countries pay more, Britain is eight on the list. Some countries pay less in that is paid to them from the EU budget.

BTW Croatia was an EU beneficiary in the €hundreds of millions from the budget before it even was a member, and had paid nothing, but it's still a part of the workings of the EU, which is for everybody's good.
edit on 30-3-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Nope, you focused on cash for big projects funded by the EU.
I actually thought your comments were either dishonest or born of ignorance.
Argue the secondary and tertiary benefits wherever you like, but be clear about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Juncker's pissed again, he loves his booze.

Yes he does... the very finest cognac, and i mean the finest
paid for by the idiot backers of team EU. ( The common man)

The guy is a puddle of slime... meh hate him.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

As for the EU, we are out of it now, and already paying the price with more to come, probably big time too, there will be no big projects around the country with EU funds like Northwest Wales got, and our little Britain parliament will certainly not be handing out big bucks for big projects, it was never much their forte, they'll just return to taxing the crap out of us...their way.

Come on Smurfy, it's a great time for the U.K. We paid far more money into the club than we ever got back and we will have to invest in our industries and infrastructure now. The E.U has held us back, with Germany and France monopolising manufacturing. We were treated as a tourist destination and also a cash cow to the E.U project, which will not prosper as Germany and France will be a lot poorer when we leave.

Youv'e been listening to Boris too much, you are waaaay out. Britain was the eight largest net contributor, leaving about 7.1 bliion to the EU,while it gets 24 billion every year investment from the EU.
Contrast that to the Netherlands, which is the largest net contributor to the EU, paying in €8.3bn a year but receiving only €2bn back. The Netherlands, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Austria and France all have a larger net contribution than the UK.
Like manys another Brit, youv'e'been tangoed mate. Hard to take? that's too bad.
A message from the CBI, (The Confederation of British Industry) note; this is the group more than any other, (including government) that has British interests at heart.
“Our annual contribution is equivalent to £340 for each household, but that all the trade, investment, jobs and lower prices that come from our economic partnership with Europe is worth £3000 per year to every household.”

Read more at: inews.co.uk...

I've no more to say to people who wish to bury their head in the sand.

And you're suggesting that the CBI doesn't work in favour of the Globalists? The Globalists are at the top, drip feeding their supply chain, who drip feed it down to the service industries, whilst all the while taxing more of the service industries, on which we have become reliant on.

Look at the Bilderbergers, because this is important in the Grand scheme. They are full of Western politicians and Globalists and/or their reps. The E.U is their Brainchild, let's create a protection service, which will allow the people to sleep walk into a Federal State.

Although Boris and Co were responsible for the ridiculous claims of the £350 Million per week going to the NHS, he grew up around Brussels. He was schooled through his Commissioner's Father's salary, he would have listened in to conversations, he would know what it is. I'm just surprised he didn't go all Farage and call it the Gravy Train, the proper term for such an oranisation. Nothing more than organised criminality, which would have made the East India Company blush.

The £24 Billion doesn't come from the E.U directly, it comes from trade inside the E.U zone. A zone that will continue to trade with us, and in which we will be paying far less for the privilege than we are presently, and free to make our own trade deals. In other words trade within WTO rules, which is something the E.U club does anyway, until you agree more favourable trade deals directly, rather than in blocs.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Nope, you focused on cash for big projects funded by the EU.
I actually thought your comments were either dishonest or born of ignorance.
Argue the secondary and tertiary benefits wherever you like, but be clear about it.

The word is budget, each one last seven years, you obviously don't know that, that's where the countries get their money from, and in the case of Britain, it also gets a rebate of 3.9billion from the Thatcher days. The budgets are all debated in the EU the same as in any government, though your Nigel would not be much help there since he hardly ever was in attendance...even though he is still an MEP with a hundred grand in his pocket each year. It seems he still likes to milk the EU gravy train then, while he remains a staunch xenophobic....wonderful stuff.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The UK directly transfers more money to the EU than is returned. That is a fact I'm surprised you didn't know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join