It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laughable threats from the EU

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
article

So this guy thinks he can get Ohio and Texas to break away from the US? What the actual hell?

Does he not know that the vast majority of Texas alone views the EU as a bad joke?

I just had to throw this out there, the dude has some audacity to bring Texas into the fold. Why not go for the fresh salty separatism that is blossoming in California?

More daft Sabre rattling from daft globalist trash..

Discuss, have fun at this dumbsh!t's expense.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If california left the union I would half expect them under empress Clinton I to join the EU!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Juncker's pissed again, he loves his booze.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Sounds like justification for the US to help cause the end of this hated Union.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well the uS is part of the EU, erm... I mean NATO. They all know it over there, we're the dumb s***s.

As far as Texas, they can have it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well, the first part says Texas, the second says Austin, Texas. He might actually Garner some support in that leftward stumbling sh!t town. As for the rest of Texas, HA!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This sounds more like a rant about something tongue in cheek.
As for the EU, we are out of it now, and already paying the price with more to come, probably big time too, there will be no big projects around the country with EU funds like Northwest Wales got, and our little Britain parliament will certainly not be handing out big bucks for big projects, it was never much their forte, they'll just return to taxing the crap out of us...their way.
The EU will go on without us, and will likely prosper.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Although I haven't lived there for nearly 3 years I was born and raised in Texas and raised my kids there as well. I can honestly say that with the exception of maybe a small pocket of progressives in the Austin or maybe Dallas area that nobody in Texas gives two shakes about the EU's opinion of ANYTHING. Even the average Texas liberals have no desire to cowtow to the EU. That guy is completely delusional! If Texas ever were to make the extreme choice of seceding from the US I can guarantee that it would have absolutely NOTHING to do with the EU.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I'll agree EU projects giving us our own money back each year may be affected during our negotiations for the exit, but the rest is all your opinion asserted as fact.

You know as little of the future as everyone else.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Precisely.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Comedic gold this guy has, and where does Ohio fit in on this? I don't think they have had talks of such actions.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Oh and ignore the guy in the link, he and his ilk are part of the reason Britain is now leaving the EU.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
This sounds more like a rant about something tongue in cheek.
As for the EU, we are out of it now, and already paying the price with more to come, probably big time too, there will be no big projects around the country with EU funds like Northwest Wales got, and our little Britain parliament will certainly not be handing out big bucks for big projects, it was never much their forte, they'll just return to taxing the crap out of us...their way.
The EU will go on without us, and will likely prosper.

Come on Smurfy, it's a great time for the U.K. We paid far more money into the club than we ever got back and we will have to invest in our industries and infrastructure now. The E.U has held us back, with Germany and France monopolising manufacturing. We were treated as a tourist destination and also a cash cow to the E.U project, which will not prosper as Germany and France will be a lot poorer when we leave.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I'll agree EU projects giving us our own money back each year may be affected during our negotiations for the exit, but the rest is all your opinion asserted as fact.

You know as little of the future as everyone else.

I didn't say it was fact did I? but since being born and bred there I sure as hell know what it was like in Britain long before the EU, and what it meant to be in the EU, and I make the guesses, and I'll bet you I will not be far out. As for money for the projects, part of it was our money, not all of it, that's the way the EU works, it's a massive cooperative, everybody pays in and gets the benefit with big projects that are needed, that sort of money will never be available from British coffers..ever, we are far too small a country. Even London, the bank of the EU is taking a hit already, Lloyd's are going to open up in Brussels, and HSBC..the feckers, have their staff on standby for transfers, the car companies are in a muddle, many having EU connections, and if our government gives them a good deal to stay, that's going to cost plenty, and this muggings, (Em Wha) will be forking out for it..but the jolly ol' Gov don't like to tell you all this do they? hush hush is the word!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Lmao at the people who think brexit was a bad idea because they got money. Dont you see the EU is dieing? These refugees are not all refugees most are men at fighting age who are sucking the money out of your paychecks to support them. What do you think happens if lets say the EU cant pay these refugee men wellfare? Do you think they will just go ok lol time to get a job ahaahahaa! Hell no they are going to riot and destroy the country they are in! They will overthrow your government and impose the very same thing they ran from because the feebees ran out! Just watch what happens to germany lol its over for them once the money drys up

Ok back on topic that talking head for the EU that made the statement about texas doesnt know the first thing about the united states like we care what some muslim clucked country like france thinks.
edit on 30-3-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The E.U never gave us money, they have no money, it was and always was our money, minus the amounts taken out for admin costs which equated to around 80%.

Free trade is also an ironic term, how much did this free trade cost us? £Billions!!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Urm, you do understand what being a net contributer to the EU means don't you?
It is all our money!
Every last 'grant' penny paid back to us on whatever project.
Wow, I thought everyone knew that.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The only laughable thing here is that some people took his comment seriously and got triggered by it

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Did he just throw a dart at a map of America?
The response from the majority of Texans was probably " E-what?!?!".
Not out of stupidity but because they simply don't give one horse turd about the EU.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You realize that "Calexit" is just posturing right? There is no more a chance that California will leave the nation then when Texas attempts these same stunts when a Democratic President is in charge. It's all just posturing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join