It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use names and events!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Alt-left
Alt-right
Social Justice Warrior ( SJW )
Deep-State
Neo-Con
TPTB
Shadow Government

How do these terms get us anywhere?

"Who is at fault for our ills?"

"THE DEEP STATE"

... Okay? Where do we go from here?

We know names like Bush, Clinton, Rothschild, Soros, etc.. - Why refer to them as some mysterious group of people that cannot be touched because they are unknown? If we simply blame "TPTB" - We'll make no progress.

I think specificity is important.

Let's start showing that our problems are due to specific people, corporations, banks etc.

Accountability starts with identifying who/whom should be held accountable. You cannot put a nickname and clickbait phrase on trial.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

In a land of no anonymity internet, some prefer talking loosely about 'specifics'.

'Specifics' could land you in homeland securities sights.

I'll bite though, lets start by requiring everyones real name and email address appear in their avatar.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

In a land of no anonymity internet, some prefer talking loosely about 'specifics'.

'Specifics' could land you in homeland securities sights.

I'll bite though, lets start by requiring everyones real name and email address appear in their avatar.

A + B = 9?

Don't see any mention of self-doxing ATS members. I think he has a valid point, large sweeping terms aren't very useful to anyone really, just a strawman to place blame on

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We use names like George soros, Hillary Clinton, and Rothschild sometimes.

Not to say these are the three people responsible for all things, and the names behind all these acronyms and such..

But we use specific names and events often enough to verify that you're not just going to be "given a suicide" or whatever phrase we use just because we flesh out a topic more.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The reason we talk about these people as a power structure, is because actually, the ones you want to worry about are the ones whose names you will never hear, because they appear relatively harmless on paper. Their wealth is hidden and enormous, exists largely through layers of shell companies and subdivisions so complicated as to require the work of centuries to unpick.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Let's start showing that our problems are due to specific people, corporations, banks etc.

Accountability starts with identifying who/whom should be held accountable. You cannot put a nickname and clickbait phrase on trial.

Then you better have proof - one thing is to say that there are people at the top, who want to see this or that happen - it is another thing to say that Soros' plan is a genocide of biblical proportions. That is slander.

If you point the finger at a specific person, if you accuse a named someone of something, deliver the proof, do not just point to the ridiculously circumstantial evidence, that many conspiracy theories are based on. If that is all you got, it seems like a good idea to keep using the terms in question.

edit on 30-3-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

We use names like George soros, Hillary Clinton, and Rothschild sometimes.

Politicians in public office and the oligarchs are open season, obviously.

They are only partly responsible. How about the owners of Boeing, Lockheed, Gruman, Nporthrup, the names of CIA operatives...?

Go ahead.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It was so much simpler when we could just point our fingers at the Jews for all our problems.

Some one should make a print out with all the names so we can keep score on all the groups.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

But does this get us anywhere?

Is it helpful to discuss things that supposedly will take centuries to figure out?

If we start connecting the dots, I think we could come up with something better than an idea or concept. I think we could come up with names, dates, events - I'm pretty sure the USA Congress and Senate would come up, for instance.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It was so much simpler when we could just point our fingers at the Jews for all our problems.

Some one should make a print out with all the names so we can keep score on all the groups.

Good idea, but I propose bingo cards with the names instead of a plain list. We all get one card per thread, first to get bingo wins 5 internets.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yep... I agree.

TPTB is always a good one. TPTB = some vague supposed group of conspirators ... WHO ? Give me names, identify who you are describing. But claimants never will. Maybe someone will throw out 'Bush' or 'Soros', and usually do, then skip on to their story or opinion, leaving the TPTB Vague and undefined. But your supposes to be fooled into thinking 'everyone else knows' and not ask out of embarrassment that you should know but don't.

I fully agree that the conspirators should be exposed and named, but having the media in your pocket or owning a media syndicate allows for getting their way in hiding.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The real answer is because a lot of people simply don't know or care about specifics or details. It's like railing against the WTO, WHO, IMF, and World Bank without knowing anything about their operations, their recent or upcoming events, or even the names of any of their leadership. And those organizations have official websites!

A: Central bankers are evil!
B: Oh yeah, which ones?
A: All of them!
B: Yeah, but like who specifically?
A: Uhh...

Bonus answer: It's easy to rant against an invisible enemy bogeyman, especially when wanting to create a scapegoat for all of our problems. It might even be a coping mechanism for dealing with personal, community-wide, or nationwide failures.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It might even be a coping mechanism for dealing with personal, community-wide, or nationwide failures.

Yes, a dramatic excuse for expressing their banal, soul sucking, existence in the real world. Can you imagine the absolute horror if the web ever went down and the opportunities for catharsis evaporated.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

But that's the thing, they're not actually hiding at all. The world's biggest powerbrokers have tons of information out there about them. Many even head major companies or organizations that have official websites, with others giving major speeches at various global conferences. People just don't care enough to look.

An example is the 2011 list called the FCI 500 (HERE). It listed the 500 most powerful members of the global economic community & listed their jobs at the time. This included people in central banks, hedge funds, investment banks, etc.

#1 on the list was a guy named Mario Draghi, who was the Governor of Banca d'Italia (Italy's central bank, and here's its official website). Draghi is now the sitting President of the European Central Bank (here's its official website).

All of the people on that list can be looked up right now. Some have moved on to other jobs, while others haven't. I clearly haven't checked all 500, but the organizations they were in seem to have official websites. But realistically speaking, most people don't care about economic details or political details, which is strange to me because I grew up hearing about "money & power" ruling the world. Well, economics is that "money" and politics is that "power".

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I suppose if you could see the attendees at the Bilderberg conference, that alone would identify some...

For most people, if something doesn't stir up our world, were content to plod on with the meager rewards in view as Good fortune.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
"But that's the thing, they're not actually hiding at all"

And I believe that is the Illuminati book of rules, ....... to be in plain sight.

I know that kind of sounds like 'waffling'.
edit on 30-3-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I agree on both points. And although I may sound skeptical, I actually do believe there are many different intricate plots and plans to rule various aspects of the world. I just don't think it's as openly evil as most people assume.

One group may believe "He who controls the money also controls the world!". So people like that may try to control different central banks (an exhaustive list of central bank websites), currency printing companies (like De La Rue), or hedge funds.

Another group may believe "No no no, he who controls the world's food supply controls the world!". Another group may counter with "Muahahaha! What good is food without a way to get it to the population? Therefore, he who controls the world's shipping controls the world!". Then another group then interrupts by reminding us that all shipping vehicles require energy. Therefore, "he who controls energy controls the modern world!", etc.

I'm bringing up silly examples like that because it makes the real issue pretty simple to me. There isn't a single "TPTB" nor a single "New World Order". There are many different groups and organizations who are constantly trying to control specific aspects of the modern world. Luckily, many of them are a part of publicly traded companies. So we can look them up and even invest in them if we choose to. Every one of their industries has global and regional trade groups, so we can research them as well.

I'll end it with this though. If there was a single monolithic group that was trying to control the world, we'd have to look at the wealthiest investors & investment institutions first. Because corporations only exist to make money for their owners. The same goes for hedge funds, which typically invest in entire industries rather than just individual companies (unless they're buying huge chunks of entire companies). So maybe the "hidden hand" would refer to the wealthiest investment class, since they need constant income to maintain their financial positions?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
If we simply blame "TPTB" - We'll make no progress.

Of course we keep blaming "The PeanuT Butter" well never make any progress.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

You know something occurred to me and I guarantee this is not an original genius thought

All of us search for the true leaders...the true secrets behind the throne so to speak. I am willing to bet that the legitimate, real secretive societies are not known at all. Hiding in plain sight while people scramble for the BS Illuminati

new topics

top topics

join