It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HB2 repealed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There are factions of our government that want us arguing among ourselves so we do not start watching what they are doing. This is not limited to the Democrats, but liberal Democrats seem to do this more often. That is the best way to control the public, keep them preoccupied and arguing among themselves. It is not a new policy either, this has been going on since I was a kid. But recently under Obama it really increased.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Echo007

True.

It just seems weird that so many got concerned over bathroom molesting yet one out of four women possibly more are assaulted on college campuses by strait macho men.

The last three studies on college sexual crimes are actually deeply disturbing. Not theoretically in an alternate universe where a perverted Ms Doubtfire is waiting for your kids at every turn.

Somehow it's more Christian and less full of outrage if the molesting is by strait people I guess.

Most women who are raped know the person before hand.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

How can you prove there are only 3 transgenders in North Carolina?

And even if there are? Why should they not get the same rights as yourself?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: luthier

I think you 100% don't grasp what this was about or how it happened. Perhaps even more.

The leadership of NC reacted to the city of Charlotte ludicrous bathroom bill, which spawned HB2. Had Charlotte not tried to be the Transgender capitol of the world, none of this would have happened. There was no way the conservative leadership in a staunchly republican state in the center of the Bible belt could not react to this, which is exactly why it was enacted in the first place. It was a political ploy.

I think it is very obvious that YOU %100 cannot grasp what is happening or how it happened.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Really? So are most children I don't see how whether it's a daycare worker, priest or family member is any different then a woman who may have known the person that assaulted her. Neither person wanted what happened.

Absolutely no point in this staement.

edit on 30-3-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It was a no-win situation.

Too many on either side had a political agenda.

The smart move would have been to do nothing. Let people be people.

We're talking about a place to void ones bladder.

In the grand scheme of things, it shouldn't ever matter what bathroom you use.

agreed, except alt-right morons in office decided to cost tax payers nearly 4 billion dollars on a bill that should have never happened.

so we all lost bc of the idiotic actions of a few morons.

Now lets collect ourselves and move forward and not make the same mistakes. Do not vote these idiots to be in office please.
edit on 30-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Somehow it's more Christian and less full of outrage if the molesting is by strait people I guess.

That's because deeply religious people understand the often overlooked plight of "sexual emergencies". They understand that those who succumb to temptation and lust often become like raving animals in heat unable to resist the urges produced deep in their loins.

"You know he's a good kid and an excellent football player bless his heart, it would be a shame to go and ruin his life over one little "rapey mistake". That damn floozy shouldn't have been passed out drunk wearing a skirt in the dead of summer anyhow."
edit on 30-3-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I heard Kiss's Love Gun when I read your post.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I think you 100% don't grasp what this was about or how it happened. Perhaps even more.

The leadership of NC reacted to the city of Charlotte ludicrous bathroom bill, which spawned HB2. Had Charlotte not tried to be the Transgender capitol of the world, none of this would have happened. There was no way the conservative leadership in a staunchly republican state in the center of the Bible belt could not react to this, which is exactly why it was enacted in the first place. It was a political ploy.

I think it is very obvious that YOU %100 cannot grasp what is happening or how it happened.

set me straight then. explain it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

How can you prove there are only 3 transgenders in North Carolina?

And even if there are? Why should they not get the same rights as yourself?

Um....I am not even sure I should respond to such a post. I feel a bit guilty, like kicking a guy who is already down or something. Shooting carp in a barrel. This is such easy pickings, it should be illegal.

Hyperbole

And transgenders are welcome to the same rights as me or anyone else. They are granted those rights by the Constitution of the United States. I even felt bad that they were used for political gain in all this. If you were to remove your head from the dark, stinky place it resides, you might have noticed that. But based on your posts, I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

are you proud of your republican North Carolina law makers for wasting almost 4 mil on this bill?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

no, I'm disgusted it happend, and more disgusted with the #tards in Charlotte who forced this outcome.
None of this should have ever happened in the first place.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

you DO understand that it is the republican lawmakers (not the libtards) that started all of this, right?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
So you mean to tell me the State Gov went through all this because they were afraid of 3 people raping children and molesting women in bathrooms?

Had NOTHING to do with the actual transgenders, and you knew that. The people this bill was intended to stop are the predators who say "Oh, but I identify as a woman" and throw a dress on as a method of accessing women's locker rooms and toilets.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

In the 4.5 billion years prior to Charlotte's enacting of a bill that allowed transgender people to use whatever restroom they felt like, everyone, including transgender people were able to find a way to co-habitate and co-evacuate. So nothing needed to be done in the first place. But it was. and THAT was the catalyst to all this garbage. Had that not been done, HB2 would have never even been thought of.

But transgender people haven't always been able to find a way to co-habitate and co-evacuate in Charlotte.

Other supporters spoke of their personal experiences with discrimination because of their gender or sexuality.

“I stand before you as someone who can be thrown out of a Charlotte hotel for who I am,” said Crystal Richardson, a lesbian from Charlotte.

Laura Levin, a Concord pediatrician who recently transitioned from male to female, spoke against the “bathroom inquisition.”

“Do you know what it feels like to have a distended bladder” because of fear of using the preferred bathroom, Levin asked council members.

Read more here: www.charlotteobserver.com...=cpy

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

NO, i believe the law was to "protect" people and their children from what they perceive as unnatural weirdos with mental disorders in the bathroom. To protect bigots bc they fear the unknown.

People can throw a dress on and act like a woman with or without this law, that is understood.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
HB2 has not yet been repealed. The governor still needs to sign it. The legislation is still controversial and under fire for not undoing the part about cities having the choice to enact their own anti-discrimination laws.

And network dude, my frenemy, The Williams Institute figures there are 44,750 transgender people in NC.

Here’s how many transgender people live in your state

edit on 3/30/2017 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Yea, but only 3 in Charlotte.

Kidding.

So, is this a win or no for transgenders? Remember, the Charlotte law and one's like it can't be enacted for almost 4 years.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

you DO understand that it is the republican lawmakers (not the libtards) that started all of this, right?

I understand some folks are thicker than a brick wall.

This started because of Charlotte's law, which was intended to provoke a response from NC. The proof is that they offered to scrap HB2 if Charlotte dropped theirs and agreed not to enact a new on for 6 months, and Charlotte refused.

If you want to talk smack, first educate yourself.

eta: And #tards referred to #tards, not libs. quote it.
edit on 30-3-2017 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

to provoke a response? You really think this dont you

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join