It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend, E-Dubble: R.I.P.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I received some terrible news yesterday, that my favorite rapper, E-Dubble, passed away last month. He was only 34.
WiKi
His death was caused by an "aggressive infection that spread throughout his whole body.
XXL article on death

This could not have happened to a better person. E-Dub personally signed and wrote a personal note in both of the CDs I bough from him and frequently responded to fans twitter and facebook messages. (including mine) I feel like a close friend has passed away.
His lyrics were not those of a typical rapper. They were almost "anti-rap" in a way.
A mega talented artist, he released a new song every week for a whole year, in a project called "Freestyle Fridays"
It is in this series of songs where his personality shined. Most of these songs have an intro and/or outro, that showcased his wonderful personality.
I will add a link to a playlist of all the Freestyle Fridays at the end of the post.

I advise everyone, even if you didn't like some of the videos I posted, to check out his youtube channel.
There is something for everyone there.
Even my girlfriend, who hates rap, likes most of his music. Same with my friends who hate rap.

To honor his death, I would like to post a couple of my favorite songs. Please, take a listen and honor his memory.

Changed My Mind

Down

Drinking With My Headphones On

Night Table

REST IN PEACE BIG GUY
You will be truly missed.
Freestly Fridays YouTube Playlist

edit on 30-3-2017 by o0oTOPCATo0o because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I personally never heard of him or his music but enjoyed the videos you posted.. 34 not even a chance at a full life... When I typed that for some reason I thought of all my friends who died at a younger age in some stupid war.. RIP for all.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

A lot of people never heard of him. I only heard of him through chance, when listening to an internet radio station.
I barely caught his name when I came into my room to see who the artist was on the song that was playing.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hey, thank you so much for making this really nice tribute.
I had never heard of E-Dubble either but can see from this thread that he was a great musician with heart.
RIP, 34 is way too soon. On to the next adventure, I guess.. (pour out a little)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

The tribute is well deserved.
He changed my life.
I was on the verge of giving up on rap (for the second time) He reminded me that there are still quality artists out there. They just need to be found.
He was the soundtrack to my life for the past few years.

Funny story..
My girlfriend told me last night, that E-Dubble was one of the reasons she thought I was cool and made her more attractive to her.
When I was on vacation with a bunch of friends, I always had EDub playing in my car and since I was one of the few who drove down to the outer banks that year, she rode in my car quite a but. Not a rap fan herself, she really enjoyed the music and I think it made her feel like I was "unique and cool" for listening to some really fun and cool music that no one else had even heard of.

Corny, I know, but it's true.

edit on 30-3-2017 by o0oTOPCATo0o because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I happen to love corny stories. lol.
Glad you found a worthy artist to give you a reason to keep doing what you love!

btw-I'm married, have been with my husband 7 years now and some time last year he showed me an album he made (rap) that I had never heard before.. (I had heard a lot of his music, we had the love of music in common, but I had never heard that particular album) it was so good, I felt a bit like a groupie with a crush.. lasted months lol. My corny story but that kind of stuff- creativity, mystery, is so good for marriages.

Keep being creative! It really is attractive to see people succeeding, doing what they love, creating new art.

edit on 30-3-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I happen to enjoy corny (especially love) stories as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I like it thanks for introducing me to this wonderful artist e-dubble I like his style, and sorry for your loss. I have felt the same way when my favorite rapper Eyedea died in 2010 when he was 28. I'd like to share a song that he wrote performed by one of his friends after his death, in honor of e-dubble RIP. This song has helped me cope with the pain, and when I die I want this played at my funeral (Sad corny but still corny).

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Jdubious

Wonderful stuff.
I encourage you, and everyone to check out his youtube/soundcloud/itunes/whatever.
Show your friends,
Show your cousins,
show your co-workers.
He was on the verge of really starting to make a name for himself before his death. Its such a shame.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Was listening to him for hours after I read this thread, i'll definitely let others know.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Jdubious

Good Man.
His music has made my life better for a few years now.
Still so sad hes gone.

top topics

join