It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiders could theoretically eat every human on Earth in one year

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Here is a what a good North Carolina spider looks like:

www.youtube.com...

WTF!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Yep. It's even in the article I posted.

On the other hand, spider densities of 1,000 or more individuals per square meter have been observed under certain “favorable” conditions

What this really tells me, is that if it were not for spiders, we'd have near twice the human population of this planet, in random flying insects. I thank the spider for her awesome work. Not enough, as the flies and mozzies here are still in epic proportion, but still, it's a tough job.

When we have flying spiders then we will need something new., and I mean flying, not floating down from the air on strings of silver...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SynchronousSnake

Why did I play that video, legit almost puked all over my phone.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

So this is how NK is going to destroy the world.

Honestly I can handle the spiders, the snakes are the ones that get me.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

www.youtube.com...

WTF!!!

Aww that's a harmless huntsman.. not known for it's name however.

Unlike these ugly swines, the size of a poker chip, and they appear out of no where between trees and bushes in the Australian (west at least) region, and their webs are like tiny strands of steel wool. everyone becomes a ninja when they encounter this bastards trap. Because, WHERE IS IT, GET IT OFF, GET OF OFF !!

edit on 30-3-2017 by LoneWrecche because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Yikes! I once when I was about to do some yard work I found a big yellow guy behind my shed chilling on a web. At the time I was in 6th grade so I decided to go grab a cricket in the yard and threw it into the web. I then stood and watched fascinated as the spider webbed it up and then started saving it for later. I came back periodically to see how it progressed and I got to witness a spider doing its thing. Like a live action Discovery Channel or Nat Geo documentary. All I needed was some dry British dude talking in a low voice in the background.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

All I needed was some dry British dude talking in a low voice in the background.

"And here we see Argiope Aurantia, the allegedly harmless garden spider and the stuff of nightmares, slowly devour, alive, its prey while a young Krazysh0t watches in horrified fascination. A life time of illicit drug use will be needed to help obliterate this terrible scene from his young and impressionable mind."

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

www.youtube.com...

WTF!!!

Here you go:
Goliath Encounter: Puppy-Sized Spider Surprises Scientist in Rainforest

Isn't he cute? JUST like a puppy.

When Naskrecki approached the imposing creature in the rainforest, it would rub its hind legs against its abdomen. At first, the scientist thought the behavior was "cute," he said, but then he realized the spider was sending out a cloud of hairs with microscopic barbs on them. When these hairs get in the eyes or other mucous membranes, they are "extremely painful and itchy," and can stay there for days, he said.

But its prickly hairs aren't the birdeater's only line of defense; it also sports a pair of 0.79-inch-long (2 centimeters) fangs, which can sometimes reach up to 1.5 inches (3.8 cm). Although the spider's bite is venomous, it's not deadly to humans. But it would still be extremely painful, "like driving a nail through your hand," Naskrecki said.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaryaNoxx
a reply to: SynchronousSnake

Why did I play that video, legit almost puked all over my phone.

I didn't play it, I've just had my last drink, and I need it. Oo

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneWrecche

But I mean it's Australia. If something isn't trying to kill you in Australia then it is already dead.
edit on 30-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

All I needed was some dry British dude talking in a low voice in the background.

"And here we see Argiope Aurantia, the allegedly harmless garden spider and the stuff of nightmares, slowly devour, alive, its prey while a young Krazysh0t watches in horrified fascination. A life time of illicit drug use will be needed to help obliterate this terrible scene from his young and impressionable mind."

Perfect! Nailed it!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Evil...

Like your personal song... "I don't like crickets.... Oh no.."

poor thing.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not another one, strike a light...

I'm still doing the last one, blimey...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Dont worry about getting eaten , worry about getting bit .

Guess what country .

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

That was hilarious!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

a reply to: LoneWrecche

But I mean it's Australia. If something isn't trying to kill you in Australia then it is already dead.

Not true. My liver is still going stronger than ever. that bugger. I think.. is stronger, when you are in constant pain but still defying reality?

Whatever, I'll be a simpson with my jaundice, if it means I can suffer this existence with determination while having a pint of wine. Who says I wont. Beside the doctors, and people in the ambulances. and family.. and who ever else pokes their beaks in. Get off my lawn!

Oh but it's not the spiders we have to worry about here, either. every bug is an armoured vehicle that wants to eat you. Best walking around with a badminton racquet here, for good measure.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

LMFAO!!!!

"Daddy careful....." How cute was that?!

People are funny.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
i'm not squirmy about bugs but I really HATE spiders!

especially daddy long legs which are supposedly harmless but they creep the hell out of me.

when we were little my older brother would chase us around the house with them and would shove them under the door - THE HORROR!

I don't see many here in Colorado but where I grew up in Georgia they were everywhere.

I know i'm going to have a nightmare about spiders now...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Krazy - I just added you to my I wanna slap you list! (just kidding) Ewwwww just the thought of that many spiders!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join