It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Coastguard Acushnet UFO Incident - Removal of Naval Logbooks.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: PheonixReborn

are you taking the piss ?

Do you not understand?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

yes - i now understand that you are taking the piss

there is NO " 190 degrees to port " - there is as i stated earlier - " 170 degrees to starboard "

the cockwomble quoted in the OP - is the only person who has ever claimed that " 190 degrees to port " is a way of communicating a contact

try reading bowdich or any other authrorative source on seamanship // navigation

the claim is demonstrably false - thats why i got into this thread in the first place

now i am wondering why you are so desperate to cling to a lie

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111
a reply to: karl 12

Another good one Karl... there is that built in secret oath(military cases) and ridicule that plagues this phenomenon.

Karl has long been one of ATS' best thread makers. A big part of the silence has to do with veterans wanting to keep their pensions.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

"190 degrees to port."

"190 degrees, to port"

Can you not see the difference?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

ok - you want to play the semantics game - fine - lets play :

" 190 degrees , to port "

Q1 - " 190 degrees" - measured from what datum ?

please bear in mind that the vessel has already alledgedly lost steering , electronics and compass

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This case is a real true meat and potato's case! The ones the public rarely ever gets to hear about, and it fits the military pattern of silence and secrecy that by itself proves the seriousness at which things like this are attributed to by the military.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Centerline of the ship bearing 190, Works for me and would be the port side

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111
a reply to: karl 12

Another good one Karl, some of my favorite cases are USO.

Cheers matey and after reading through many of the naval reports (bit of a shocker just how many exist) I really do think the marine aspect is an important part of the UFO subject- also interesting about the complete lack of declassified US Naval UFO documents and undisclosed O.N.I. UFO investigations.

Below is another freaky one from Chile - according to Feindt it's one of the catalogue's best TRUFO candidates.

Bizarre Police UFO/USO Case from Tocopilla, Chile, 1971.

originally posted by: PheonixReborn

That one quote jumped out at me too but on reflection I concluded that he actually meant it was at a bearing of 190 degrees from the direction of travel of the ship which would indeed place it to their port side astern.

originally posted by: PheonixReborn

It could quite easily have been a mistranscription of his actual words. Add a comma and it makes more sense: "190 degrees, to port."

originally posted by: mikell

Centerline of the ship bearing 190, Works for me and would be the port side

Appreciate the input guys - spoke to a friend about this who's a bit of a salty sea dog and he reckoned the same thing - hopefully some of the other witnesses will come forward and submit their reports.

no i has not watched the vid

Quite a lot of information in it relevant to the thread discussion - hope you manage to watch it.

edit on 7-4-2017 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

ok - you want to play the semantics game - fine - lets play :

" 190 degrees , to port "

Q1 - " 190 degrees" - measured from what datum ?

please bear in mind that the vessel has already alledgedly lost steering , electronics and compass

If the ship has lost its compass bearing then the only point of reference is the ship's orientation. 190 degrees from the direction the ship is pointing puts the object at 7 o'clock. Astern. To port.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

what utter bollox - try 170 to starboard - thats what real people who know what they are doing use

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

again - thats 170 to starboard - in the real world

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I was stationed on the CGC Acushnet in 1976-77. I can tell everyone. That it is impossible to loose steering on that ship. Everything on that system is mechanical. There is a drive shaft from the bridge down to the engineroom. Then aft to after steering where it is converted into hydraulic, to move the rudders. The engine controls are also all mechanical. Now they may have lost generator power to the ship that would have effected anything electrical.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

thankyou - i did wonder that - based on hull age - and design - but as i could find no machinery spec for her - i said nothing

PS - now you are here - did she have an emergency steering gear ? - i expect so - but again could not find a spec

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
just for my ammusement - could thje people who think :

190 degrees to port = a bona fide bearing , please look at :

and give thier opinion on what the bearings - A through F are

i shall return to give correct answers later

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
A 00.0
B 45.0
C 108.4
D 180.0
E 237.1
F 324.7

6 Years USCG on the Great Lakes

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Mikell just gave you the right answer. What the Hell is wrong with you? Degrees are counted clockwise so 190 from the bow is to port. Why are you just not getting this???

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Mikell just gave you the right answer. What the Hell is wrong with you? Degrees are counted clockwise so 190 from the bow is to port. Why are you just not getting this???

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

It's amazing how people who actually know there stuff, get no credit and those lacking in the brain cell department have dozens of stars after their posts.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
More missing naval logbook testimony - apparently it was 'blown overboard by a gust of wind'.

The files further detail an alleged UFO sighting by the crew of HMS Manchester off the coast of Norway and how the logbook recording the incident could not be recovered.

Dr David Clarke, author of the “The UFO files” and senior lecturer in journalism at Sheffield Hallam University, said that following the introduction of the Freedom of Information Act, requests for details about sightings have increased dramatically.

Mr Clarke said: “I was one of the MoD’s most ‘persistent correspondents’ and eventually persuaded MoD and other government departments to release their information on this perplexing and controversial subject.

“You can see from the files that I wasn’t the only one interested in the subject, with the phenomenon discussed at the highest level of government right across the globe.”

UFO enthusiast Russ Kellet, 47, says it’s “convenient” that the ship’s logbook covering the period when men on HMS Manchester and other Royal Navy craft reported seeing the unidentified object went missing.

He said: “If somebody has got it (the logbook) on their desk and then somebody official comes in and they’re talking and it just goes then it’s been lost. So they’re not lying. It’s just gone to another department and they can’t find it so it’s been conveniently been misplaced.”

Ministry of Defence investigators suggested the ship’s log covering the period was “blown overboard by a gust of wind”.

link

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
US Coastguard Acushnet UFO incident (and witness verification) discussed in further depth - See from 9:20

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join