It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check this snake out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I bet mum has skipped a few heart beats with this story, the snake in the picture is a brown and they are very venomous, easily kill an adult with a bite. Freaky eastern browns are really skittish snakes and had this child reacted in any way she would likely not be here with us.

source

Remember now kiddies when you see a brown snake stay very still.

edit on 30-3-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Wow...

That snake must have been in some hell of a good mood! From what I understand of the species, they are cantankerous gits at the best of times, so the little one did well to avoid a nibbling there!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Mate i've got a snake we don't talk much but he's impressive!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Damn, Australia is a scary place.

The critters there are terrifying. On land and sea they prowl.

That one could easily be mistaken for a stick of wood. It is unusual being so drab because nature normally paints the poisonous in bright "warning" colors and even uses that as deception.

This snake has evolved in a particularly deadly manner. Looks like a stick and bites like a demon. Thanks, Mama Nature.

Lucky kid. A similar thing happened to me when I was a kid. Nowhere near as deadly as this, but we have a snake called an Adder. They are toxic and a bite can kill a small dog. I think the venom can kill people if they have a weak heart.

Adders are known for the elaborate mating dances they do. It is quite amazing.

I was playing lorries with my little bro with those "Tonka" toys (remember them?). I was using grass clippings to copy my farmer uncle collecting the hay and I got some grass clippings from the compost bin. I actually picked up an adder in the grass clippings without knowing it. Then a snake actually slinked its way under the Tonka toy and my Ma came out with a look of horror on her face and grabbed us both indoors where we waited for the snake to slither his way back home.

How common it is to meet these toxic terrors. Kids are particularly vulnerable because they play on the ground.

Years ago I had a pet Royal Python called Lucy. They are not big pythons. They have beautiful skin.

Of course pythons are not venomous. They just like to squeeze you with some hard lovin', lol.

I also had a pet Brazilian White Kneed Tarantula:

She was venomous, but I never got bit as was very careful. Incredibly fast moving, faster than your eye can see. Could strike in 3 different places in a flash. Never seen anything like it.

Funny, but all my my most deadly little friends have been female (joke)

edit on 30-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I have them here on the property and every time i see one it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, they have this presence about them, they are eerie as.

They only attack when feeling threatened i believe so you do not want to startle one. About a year ago there was one on the track in front of us, it stopped when it saw us, my mate slowly got out and threw a small stone at its tail and it slithered off, we had the kids in the buggy it was a good experience for them.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Our adders are almost as nasty as the browns, they call them death adders, these suckers will kill you too

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Yikes!!!

Do you guys have to watch out? I mean is it a big enough threat that it is constantly on your minds when out in the garden or going for a walk?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Archonic

Oh really?

What kind of snake are we talking about?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Not constantly but you have to be aware, i wouldn't go off the track here and bush bash, its pretty dense and lots of critters.

In Sydney i had no issues heading into the bush here on the Queensland border it is not a good idea.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Damn, nature at her most wild. I would so love to visit Australia. That is the place to experience real wilderness.

I would like to go to the meteor craters like Wolfe Creek:

As long as Mick isn't still lurking there, lol.

You are so lucky to have all that. I am very fascinated by Aboriginal Culture. I have an Australian eucalyptus didgeridoo just a few feet away from where I'm writing here in the tame UK.

I love walking. I walk miles and miles. I would love to trek in the outback (preferably with someone who knows what they are doing and isn't as naive as me of course).

edit on 30-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

It's my mates green python, was mine up until last week, i'm not a snake person so we just stare at each other.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

My advice would be stick to the coast if you visit OZ, the outback especially is not very hospitable and a long way in between drinks so to speak, just miles and miles of nothing.

Great country though and yeah can be quite wild.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Damn, Australia is a scary place.
The critters there are terrifying. On land and sea they prowl.

That one could easily be mistaken for a stick of wood. It is unusual being so drab because nature normally paints the poisonous in bright "warning" colors and even uses that as deception.

This snake has evolved in a particularly deadly manner. Looks like a stick and bites like a demon. Thanks, Mama Nature.

Scary ..... an understatement ....

I'm surprised Australia is the land of *barbies* I have a terrified fascination

of snakes. I can watch a TV programme on them in total fascination .... then

go to bed and have night mares.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Looks like a decent sized brown mate , lucky little girl i would say. Biggest i have seen was in the middle of a track here in SA , Early summer so it was a bit slow but also aggressive . Got out of the truck to get a better picture and workmate throws a roll of electrical tape ( left handed and he is right handed and the worst throw you have seen ) and yes he hits it . It flares up and luckily scampers , as i was doing . My guess was 7 foot plus , easily the biggest brown i have seen .

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Yikes!!! Do you guys have to watch out? I mean is it a big enough threat that it is constantly on your minds when out in the garden or going for a walk?

Looking out for snakes definitely helps , but not always , best bet is like most critters and that is to make noise . Personally i have walked over two browns and stepped on one . Luckily in all cases the snake wanted to get away as much as i did . Got a great story about one of the ones i walked over .
edit on 30-3-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hmmm. Looks like my water hose, I guess I would grab it and try twisting it's head to water the garden if they were around here. I'd be shaking for hours and my heart wouldn't come down lower than a hundred eighty BPM for that long.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That's enough to give any parent a heart attack!

I don't mind snakes, but seeing one that venomous that close to a child that young would scare anyone whether your are particularly freaked out by snakes or not.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Yikes!!!

Do you guys have to watch out? I mean is it a big enough threat that it is constantly on your minds when out in the garden or going for a walk?

I've lived here for 30 years, mostly country and little bit city (you're not safe in the cities either), in Queensland, NSW, and South Australia, and have visited all the other states/territories except for Tasmania. The worst I have seen here is a family of redbacks hiding behind a garden shed, and have heard of a friend's dad dealing with a brown snake in his yard. Once.

So it's something that's always in the back of my mind because I live here, but I believe happening upon our deadly creatures is not as common as people think. The threat is there, but, uncommon.

We're raised to always check our shoes/clothing for little bitey things, and wear shoes outside, what to do and not do when you come across something, just common sense, and basically "not be idiots". Doesn't stop the occasional moron, like a recent story of some guy jumping into crocodile infested waters to impress a girl.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm thinking of getting a new snake. One that doesn't bite. Too many bad experiences.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Archonic

Rosy boas are both pretty, clean, no bigger than 3 feet and very mellow snakes. I had one and it would fall asleep in my shirt pocket while i watched tv.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join