It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Wierd Experience(s)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
My first post.

I was in London walking to Waterloo Station along the Embankment late one afternoon in the mid to late 90's. It was a bright and clear afternoon. I looked up and saw what looked like a burning log - it was dark, cylindrical but not perfectly so, I would describe it as gnarly. I could see it glowing orange in places and sparks and smoke and small bits like embers flaking off. It is difficult to judge height and size but it was low enough for me to make out the sparks and the glowing bits - maybe 300 feet up, not sure. It looked about 20-30 feet long.

It was "flying" parallel to the ground, not falling. I watched it disappear down the Thames heading west. I rushed home thinking it would be on the news, hitting a building or something but nothing. My first thought was it was a meteor but when I got home and there was nothing on the news (if this thing had come down in London it would have been all over the news) but then it hit me that no meteor would be flying slow and level, not coming down at all. No one else was nearby except for traffic and I did not see anyone else stopping and staring but this was London so surely loads of people must have seen it but I have found no reports of this anywhere.

I have no idea what it was but it did not look like any kind of craft but it was "flying" level. I just don't know what it was.

Now, more weirdness. I was in our front dining room about 6 years ago one evening with my wife. We have large north facing windows. It was dark. We noticed a bright green light coming to wards the house and coming over our roof. Being where we are we are used to Chinooks and Hercules coming over the house low but with this there was no noise. So, we rushed out the back and into our garden and saw almost exactly the same flying log, with smoke and sparks etc but this one was glowing green and not orange. We live near Salisbury Plain and we watched it disappear in the direction of Salisbury. Again, it was not falling but level flight. This whatever it was was lower, about 30 feet above rooftop height and it made no sound. Again, no reports of it hitting anything or coming down.

The really weird thing is that just seconds before we saw this thing I was actually telling my wife about my London sighting (I had told her about it before but it was so odd I have mentioned it to her a few times). How's that for high weirdness and coincidence?

I got no feeling or impression that this was aliens but I simply have no idea what these things were - they just looked like burning flying logs but the level flight thing suggests they must have been under some kind of control.

No photos - the 90's thing was before mobile phones with cameras and the latest one I ran out the back and before I thought to go in and find a camera it was gone. Speed both times about the speed of a car on the motorway so about 70mph.

Anyone else seen anything like this? And no, definitely not Chinese lanterns.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Welcome to the world of high strangeness. I have no idea what your experiences of the objects could have been and the burning log episode comes across as extremely bizzare. I have read old UFO accounts of sparks being emitted from objects in the sky but never a burning log. That's just weird!

I had my own strangeness episodes last year and they all seemed to happen relatively close to each other, then they stopped and nothing since. I just hope reading your adventures doesn't kick them off again.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

You give an excellent example of what we can assume as an honest, straightforward account of a couple of events that plainly illustrates that our "consensus reality" of the world, what we have been taught and told is somewhat faulty and incomplete. While your experiences were not exactly incredibly bizarre as to defy all science and rational thought, it was outside the set domain imposed upon us by society and culture. Having had my own such "blessings" at a very early age, I applaud you for sharing.

--Now be prepared for a flock of deniers wanting to shoot down your flaming log as it makes no normal sense to their practical, rational and scientific-based mind sets.
edit on 30-3-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I'm looking forward as to what the 'flaming log' could have been.
My money is on CGI...oh, wait a minute...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I really have no explanation at all what these things were but what really creeps me out is the coincidence bit.

Weird indeed.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Hey, thanks for sharing that experience. I had a similar experience in the mid '90s myself in broad daylight. Not a burning log but a thing that should not have been in the air. This kind of strangeness has been going on throughout human history and even though many have studied it we just can't say what's going on - only that something most definitey is.

And I would say that your "coincidence" is not a coincidence at all but very much related to the second sighting. Not exactly sure how, but evidence points to the fact that these things are very much related to the act of being observed by us and they seem to happen solely for that purpose.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Reminds me of the

1465 - Cigar shaped UFO - flaming girder seen in the sky during the reign of Enrico IV
From Notabilia Temporum by Angelo de Tummulillis

link

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

Good call!
Which makes the OPs sighting even more interesting.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
definately strange you talk about something and you see something like that.

never heard of burning log like ufo's pretty interesting

new topics

top topics

join