It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Wierd Experience(s)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
My first post.

I was in London walking to Waterloo Station along the Embankment late one afternoon in the mid to late 90's. It was a bright and clear afternoon. I looked up and saw what looked like a burning log - it was dark, cylindrical but not perfectly so, I would describe it as gnarly. I could see it glowing orange in places and sparks and smoke and small bits like embers flaking off. It is difficult to judge height and size but it was low enough for me to make out the sparks and the glowing bits - maybe 300 feet up, not sure. It looked about 20-30 feet long.

It was "flying" parallel to the ground, not falling. I watched it disappear down the Thames heading west. I rushed home thinking it would be on the news, hitting a building or something but nothing. My first thought was it was a meteor but when I got home and there was nothing on the news (if this thing had come down in London it would have been all over the news) but then it hit me that no meteor would be flying slow and level, not coming down at all. No one else was nearby except for traffic and I did not see anyone else stopping and staring but this was London so surely loads of people must have seen it but I have found no reports of this anywhere.

I have no idea what it was but it did not look like any kind of craft but it was "flying" level. I just don't know what it was.

Now, more weirdness. I was in our front dining room about 6 years ago one evening with my wife. We have large north facing windows. It was dark. We noticed a bright green light coming to wards the house and coming over our roof. Being where we are we are used to Chinooks and Hercules coming over the house low but with this there was no noise. So, we rushed out the back and into our garden and saw almost exactly the same flying log, with smoke and sparks etc but this one was glowing green and not orange. We live near Salisbury Plain and we watched it disappear in the direction of Salisbury. Again, it was not falling but level flight. This whatever it was was lower, about 30 feet above rooftop height and it made no sound. Again, no reports of it hitting anything or coming down.

The really weird thing is that just seconds before we saw this thing I was actually telling my wife about my London sighting (I had told her about it before but it was so odd I have mentioned it to her a few times). How's that for high weirdness and coincidence?

I got no feeling or impression that this was aliens but I simply have no idea what these things were - they just looked like burning flying logs but the level flight thing suggests they must have been under some kind of control.

No photos - the 90's thing was before mobile phones with cameras and the latest one I ran out the back and before I thought to go in and find a camera it was gone. Speed both times about the speed of a car on the motorway so about 70mph.

Anyone else seen anything like this? And no, definitely not Chinese lanterns.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Welcome to the world of high strangeness. I have no idea what your experiences of the objects could have been and the burning log episode comes across as extremely bizzare. I have read old UFO accounts of sparks being emitted from objects in the sky but never a burning log. That's just weird!

I had my own strangeness episodes last year and they all seemed to happen relatively close to each other, then they stopped and nothing since. I just hope reading your adventures doesn't kick them off again.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

You give an excellent example of what we can assume as an honest, straightforward account of a couple of events that plainly illustrates that our "consensus reality" of the world, what we have been taught and told is somewhat faulty and incomplete. While your experiences were not exactly incredibly bizarre as to defy all science and rational thought, it was outside the set domain imposed upon us by society and culture. Having had my own such "blessings" at a very early age, I applaud you for sharing.

--Now be prepared for a flock of deniers wanting to shoot down your flaming log as it makes no normal sense to their practical, rational and scientific-based mind sets.
edit on 30-3-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I'm looking forward as to what the 'flaming log' could have been.
My money is on CGI...oh, wait a minute...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I really have no explanation at all what these things were but what really creeps me out is the coincidence bit.

Weird indeed.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Hey, thanks for sharing that experience. I had a similar experience in the mid '90s myself in broad daylight. Not a burning log but a thing that should not have been in the air. This kind of strangeness has been going on throughout human history and even though many have studied it we just can't say what's going on - only that something most definitey is.

And I would say that your "coincidence" is not a coincidence at all but very much related to the second sighting. Not exactly sure how, but evidence points to the fact that these things are very much related to the act of being observed by us and they seem to happen solely for that purpose.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Reminds me of the

1465 - Cigar shaped UFO - flaming girder seen in the sky during the reign of Enrico IV
From Notabilia Temporum by Angelo de Tummulillis

link

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

Good call!
Which makes the OPs sighting even more interesting.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
definately strange you talk about something and you see something like that.

never heard of burning log like ufo's pretty interesting

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Since we are left with no physical evidence or photographic documentation we can either accept, or reject, or accept parts or all the story. Things to consider.

1. Who is sharing the story. Do they have associations, do they gain monetarily. Do they have a covert motive. These things must be taken into consideration.

2. What does the witness share. Can it be explained as a misidentified "known".

3. What is the end result.

1. Oldcarpy has shared a sighting, an unusual sighting that is rare within the history of Reported Sightings. I will assume Oldcarpy is telling the truth, has no secret associations, and is not gaining monetarily from sharing his observation.

2. His sighting is of a "Log" like craft emitting sparks and smoke of two different colors, on two separate occasions.

3. The event has left Oldcarpy quite confused, He has observed something that does not fit into his world view as "Normal". His reality, has been assaulted, to say the least..

What are the possibilities?

1. It is a military/ intelligence psychological experiment/ weapon. This is possible because of the location of other military aircraft in the area.
2. It is a privately owned experimental craft.
3. It is a projection similar to a hologram.
4. Any or all, combinations of the above, or to include other possibilities.

The traditional UFOs are either a disk shaped, or Cigar Shaped craft. V shaped have also been reported. Some with Blinking lights, some without. The other type is the White Light Orb, but not in the same class as a "Craft". What did this "Craft" do? Nothing, except transit the area, and cause a great deal of confusion.

First, Dr X shared a link to a drawing that depicted a flaming girder, today, cigar shape, from 1465. That I would say is probably very close to what was seen.
Here is a link to historic aerial observations and cave art. UFOs and Extraterrestrials in Art History You will note that the Aerial phenomenon, is not new, and as old as 29,000 years. The people who documented their observations, did the best they could with what little knowledge they had in this area.

The idea, the concept of flying craft again is not new. The Bible, the ancient Hindu Sanskrit all describe Aerial observations, battles, abductions, that were documented using their best abilities to relay what was seen. And again, if just one sighting in ancient times is a true account, then the subject must be considered true. Which leads to today. What are they doing in our sky's?

So lets compare our present day aircraft. Each craft has its own "Mission" it hopes to achieve. Some patrol, some bomb, some observe, and yes, some even drop leaflets as part of a psychological mission, and some send out false and misleading information. If, we had access to highly advanced Holographic technology, we could project a entire army on the ground misdirecting the enemies attentions. We, in effect, could have our enemy engaging, and destroying themselves. Some missions are intended to be seen as a deterrent, while others are covert and hidden.

With the Disks, many claim to see them with blinking lights or light displays. Obviously, they want to be seen. I have personally seen the disks in what I call stealth mode. That is when they are actually on a mission. After observing them for approx 30 seconds they sped away. I have heard them fly overhead at night, it is a electrical humming sound, no light, no other sounds. All the reports of the Cigar Shaped craft I have read (Observed once) appear as thought they are on a cruise ship(sight seeing), enjoying the view.

Personally I would conclude your observation was a advanced form of holograph, as we all know, burning logs can not fly. Its mission was to do exactly what it did, cause a conflict of the viewers reality. Who is responsible?

That, is the sticky wicket...

We do not have any concrete evidence, outside of the intelligence community, as to who is doing this, except, history. The preponderance of evidence going back 29,000 years is massive. First take away from that evidence is, We are not alone. Second is, they have had technology for a very long time. Every Culture has had its own name for them. Pick the one you like, Little Green Men, Ananunki, Greek and Roman gods, Lord God, what ever you like. You can call it a psychological operation, or you can call it a hoax. It just doesn't matter. What does matter, is mankind has, and still is, being messed with.
I have my own opinion as to where they are staging from, but that for unknown reasons seems to be classified. "Royal Edict", maybe??

Last but not least, the WWII Foo Fighters, the White Light Orbs. I have personally seen therm twice. And I have a sneaky suspicion, they are on our side.

Oldcarpy, your not alone!!

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

First post ever (blinks)?

I have read many accounts of people seeing different types of lights in the sky, but with my contacts, I never did. The craft would just appear in front of me without any lights of any kind on let alone flashing. Perhaps the flashing or burning lights on UFO craft are serving a scientific study purpose? In my case, they were just there to contact me and take me for a ride in more ways than one.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Good post.

Two things to consider. First, high strangeness does not equal ET. High strangeness happens and though hard to explain it should not be taken as carte blanche to invoke aliens.

Highly strange reports of phenomenon are not really that rare. But they are just that, reports. Back in early times UFOs were described as the common thought at the time, typically described as balloons. ET was described as elves and fairies. Craft were described as heavenly chariots.

It's not really required to give an explanation to everything. In fact, in this day and age with many UAV and drones and holograms, and other ways to fake things, almost anything can be faked. Here, in ATS we have people who desperately want to appear or be special, in fact, often they fool themselves, or conflate a dream with a real event.

It's not a bad thing; it happens. Not saying the OP's observation was a hoax or anything. But coincidence happens, odd things happen. It a fact of perception. How often the eyes fool us (remember pareidolia, heat-wave illusions or mirages), and even forced perspective.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7
Good post.

Two things to consider. First, high strangeness does not equal ET. High strangeness happens and though hard to explain it should not be taken as carte blanche to invoke aliens.

Highly strange reports of phenomenon are not really that rare. But they are just that, reports. Back in early times UFOs were described as the common thought at the time, typically described as balloons. ET was described as elves and fairies. Craft were described as heavenly chariots.

It's not really required to give an explanation to everything. In fact, in this day and age with many UAV and drones and holograms, and other ways to fake things, almost anything can be faked. Here, in ATS we have people who desperately want to appear or be special, in fact, often they fool themselves, or conflate a dream with a real event.

It's not a bad thing; it happens. Not saying the OP's observation was a hoax or anything. But coincidence happens, odd things happen. It a fact of perception. How often the eyes fool us (remember pareidolia, heat-wave illusions or mirages), and even forced perspective.

By sharing my experiences as others do, with the threat of ridicule always nipping at our heels, I can assure you we here do not desperately or otherwise want to appear as special.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I should have said "My first thread".

I did not get the impression that these were crafts, though.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: InTheLight

I should have said "My first thread".

I did not get the impression that these were crafts, though.

I know what you meant; first thread.

You used the word 'flying' so I automatically assumed we would assume it would be some sort of craft.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Thanks for taking the time. I'm certainly not making any money out of this!

Dr X's post was very interesting.

My reality certainly was messed with!

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I said flying as opposed to falling. They were both travelling along parallel to the ground so in my book I guess that's flying.

I simply have no idea what they were, but the coincidence/synchronicity bit is what really gets me as weird. I mean, what are the chances of seeing the same thing twice and immediately after just talking to my wife about the first one? It's not like we discuss this all the time or anything.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Here, in ATS we have people who desperately want to appear or be special, in fact, often they fool themselves, or conflate a dream with a real event. It's not a bad thing; it happens. Not saying the OP's observation was a hoax or anything. But coincidence happens, odd things happen. It a fact of perception. How often the eyes fool us (remember pareidolia, heat-wave illusions or mirages), and even forced perspective.

All well and good, but my wife saw the second whatever it was as well, so no dream and nothing fooling my/our eyes.

I saw the first thing in broad daylight and we both saw the second one very clearly and just above rooftop level.

I'd like to know the odds on something like this happening to the same person twice, let alone just as I was discussing the first one. I suppose the odds are so astronomical against that that the two things were linked in some way, but how? I have no idea and probably never will.

I agree this was high strangeness, and I have no reason to link it to "aliens".

I have no wish to be "special" by the way, nor do I think any of this makes me so.
edit on 14-5-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
Welcome to the world of high strangeness.

Exactly. The OP got a little taste of the true workings of reality and on one level it didn't make any sense, and yet on another level it did make sense. Cool.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7

Yeah, but calling something a "coincidence" doesn't really answer the question. Like you said, it has to do with perception. Sure, you can say that it was just a mental connection that was made between a couple of things, and dismiss it as somehow less than real. But because we live in a world that we put together in our minds from our perceptions, making a mental connection still has weight. It still means something.

It's unfortunate that these kinds of things are so unpredictable and so often involve an individual making an observation that can't be shared. The overall event is hard to apply much scientific method to, so it gets shoved aside and ignored. It's still a holdover from that old materialistic, nuts-and-bolts philosophy that we use day to day but which modern physics has proven to be incomplete and inadequate to explain at least some -- and possibly many -- aspects of reality.
edit on 14-5-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join