It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zazz's Free-for-All UFO symposium.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

oh nice!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Concept that's all "knowledge" claimed to be known. But it is still conceptual... none of that really makes anything what it is other than an agreement in order to do one thing... communicate. So what occurs? Attachment to those concepts as reality start floating around in the mind like butterlfies all over the place mistaking those as some sort of self? We start chasing thought around with a net catching ones we like ignoring ones we don't. But none of those concepts are self created just accepted.

Dropping attachment to those concepts as real and existent; means all psychology, mind control & hypnotism associated immediately falls apart because one has to believe them real in that conspiracy of accepting them to be real; for them to have any effect.

Like in the movie the Skeleton Key... even though the young lady did not believe in Witchcraft; those terrifying/terrorizing and trying to control her did, so she was able to use it against them. Such is the power of belief as something as a reality when in all essence it honestly isn't but believing it to be so? One is subject to it. Not being subject to any concept? Freedom. Of course knowing the pain and suffering that comes along from having grasped concept; to create more of it even though one is free of it? Is not a good thing... ignorance of such freedom, can bring a lot of pain just as much as it does on those not free from it on those that are.

When such occurs it can be very difficult to excerise compassion and empathy... but pain and suffering is not something to be desired; its why people work long and hard on paths in so much dedication with great resolve. That blatant ignorance can be even greater than a pain or suffering than one has ever carried themselves. Where it is like why are you spreading such it does not cease it, and it certinaly will not make one feel better although it may get twisted where one can lie to themselves as you have said that it does and can? It soon leaves them alone to deal with it grasping at anything and everyone possible to make themselves feel better... that deepest well of discontent; having dug the hole few will have the compassion or empathy to extend a hand.

Some have dug a hole so deep in egotistical pride and arrogance... they cannot even recognize a hand when offered. But it is what it is in such self justification that they are right no matter what when there really isnt a wrong in that feeling of being so... such are quick to anger and defend as well. Best to let them tarry on their own way as you go about yours.

Of course in the end all of that is concept being grasped at as truth; insead of just being it or delcaring that it is, such a thing needs no declarations, defense or proof as it just is. There's a lot of strength in such a thing... but also a great responsibility in it too, so much so an ego cannot even exist in such a thing so powerful.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

I like you, a lot.

And dear BigBrotherDarkness,

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
Dropping attachment to those concepts as real and existent; means all psychology, mind control & hypnotism associated immediately falls apart because one has to believe them real in that conspiracy of accepting them to be real; for them to have any effect.

You are in denial mode here.

How the mind operates is not magic, it's a science.

You do not need to believe that drinking water will stave off dehydration in order for drinking water to stave off dehydration.

Are you afraid of the "concept" that the environment influences you?

Because it influences you, whether you believe in it or not.
edit on 31-3-2017 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Very well said

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Ok I wrote a bit more and here it goes.

I agree that language and concepts shape the way we view the world.

Like in Mindfulness, a book written by Ellen J. Langer (psychology professor of Harvard), she illustrates a situation where you get woken up in the middle of the night to a knock on the door. You open it to a stranger who explains he is in the middle of a scavenger hunt and is desperate to win and needs a piece of wood about three by seven foot. He offers you ten thousand if you have it. But you don't have any planks of wood like that lying around so you apologize and send him off empty handed.

But what everyone has failed to consider is that... a door is a piece of wood that is about that size. But you didn't consider that because a door is a door, and a piece of wood is like a plank of wood that someone might have lying around in their garage or something.

Labels and concepts can be thought stoppers for sure.

Language literally shapes our perception of the world, but that does not mean our perception is the world. It's not.

In the book The Great Gabsy, the one huge thing that I took away from it is that "things are not always what the seem" and how dangerous it can be when we assume that our personal concepts and perceptions reflect reality.

SPOILER ALERT: Do not read on if you don't want to know ending parts of The Great Gabsy.

You see, in The Great Gabsy, George Wilson witnesses a series of events that convince him that his wife is having an affair with Gabsy. The events are truly convincing, and it's like the universe itself has helped him to find out this secret, to the point where he becomes enraged and sets out to murder Gabsy. Only... the truth was that his wife wasn't having an affair with Gabsy at all and this is what I mean when I say, it's dangerous to assume that your personal perceptions of the world reflect reality. Because more often than not, they probably don't.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Interesting.

Are you familiar with the book Irreducible Mind ?

Take a look at ths wikipedia page above.

Really interesting stuff :-)

BT

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 31-3-2017 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

If that's what you want to believe as a reality then so be it. If otherwise becomes very apparent to you later on? No worries.

Words carry power they form belief and reality due to that belief, much of the world believes as you do much of the world does not. Belief however no matter how many agree on it does not make it so... does calling the animal known as a cat make it a cat? Not in the slightest... when that phenomena arises in experience thats what those that speak english have decided to call it same as anything else a name for a phenomena... that arises in experience and passes in experience comes and goes... thats the very nature of everything, the things you think, where is dehydration existant when you cease to think about it? Only when you do or fear that you are becoming such you have grasped as real does such a thing arise. Others cannot decide that for you but that will not keep them from trying; evidenced by all your prognition trying to convience me of what you think is real and accept that...

If it was an elaborate way to ask me if I wanted a drink? No thanks.

But cheers anyway

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

But things exist outside of your belief system that you can't control, and that's my point.

Yes we have belief systems that literally narrow our visions and blind us to anything outside of it. It's trapping, and literally keeps us from seeing things outside of the box. That's my point.

Just because you can "ignore" dehydration, it doesn't mean you won't dehydrate if you decide to never drink water again. Just because you can ignore gravity, it doesn't mean that you will fly if you decide to jump off of a bridge or building or whatever. You might be able to convince yourself that you are flying as you plummet down towards the earth, and thats your special perception/belief/insanity which you are totally entitled to, but what good does it do when your plummet is so final?

In fact, when your perception doesn't match reality... it makes the environment a far more dangerous place than it otherwise could be, for that reason. If you ignored gravity you might not have a healthy fear or respect of heights, in which case you could fall. If you ignored the fact that your body needs to remain at a specific temperature to survive, you might never wear a jacket and in severe cold weather... you could die. And etc.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Hi BT, I'm not familiar with that book at all but indeed it does look interesting. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Your perception of the world is yours, relativity. What you relate too it is... what you accept as existing in it it exists. You may say you are this that and the other... but to be honest to me you are just text you exist in no other fashion, the same with myself to you just text on a screen thats our existence to each other. We could try to convence oh no theres more more much more...

But even in person all one is going to percieve of someone as existing is all they bring with them as conceptual attachments. Can you look at something and leave it as just seen? Or do you think about and label what it is you think you see? The later forms that as a reality to reinforce what it is you think you are percieving or seeing, but since that goes on most all of the time and taken as reality, it covers up what is actually there as reality and distorts the entire view of it.

Thought forms that is the veil. It is what makes everyone subject to a subjective reality a tree of conceptual knowledge as a reality that has been agreed upon as existant and as long as people conspire with it to exist as such? It does. But it really does not only in illusion does it exist as such... no matter how many people agree to something as existing does not make it so, but yet such is the power of such a thing it can make it so.

It is a great responsibility in what we manifest as reality... the intent is the key, even if the action has good intention the outcome can have bad consequences and vice versa... thats why life does not seem fair; intent in that formation to make a future to wrestle around with some past that can become like chains themselves in formations one didn't ask for.

Whatever is in your awareness right now around you is all that is occuring... nothing else. Like a star in the sky aware of where ever you shine that light of awareness and then poof gone the next place you put it... it doesnt have to be all that we have agreed to it being because it isnt that unless agreed too.

So hey whatever one wants to agree to with someone as real and existant? Freewill whatever anyone wants to grasp at that is what will control their future what ever anyone cant let go of in the past controls both... choice. Each choice made with intent cause for what arises next, those attached to you... cause for things to arise, whether it concerns you or not.

Even not attached past energy of action via intent is also cause for future arising... when one stops all grasping, that wave one has been making plowing through will go right on past and then continuing stopping such will becoe cause for all past karma to start catching up, good or bad accept it as that is what you have inherited planting such... but then let it go just the same.

Then things just arise and they pass but those things are not differentiated against or met with bias as good or bad just arising and passing pain ceases to be distingushible from pleasure all such concepts of that nature grasped just vanish not real a puff of smoke a mirage an illusion. They can be taken as real and existent but at that point it only leads to more struggle and pain not the freedom one is typically looking to have.

Well, without experiencing any of this directly... theres really no point but our interactions with others have not ever been them, just a concept held of them. That concept of someone can be as freeing or limiting as one chooses it to be but it will never be them... no more than if I said beyond just being text you were pink and covered with purple polka dots.

sp.
edit on 31-3-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Zazz... NO. I refuse to believe in UFOs that are alien type things and not just new aircraft ( or old... sumerian old!). I have made this conscious decision and nope. I dunna believe it!

You know why? Why I believe in spookies versus aliens and UFOs?? Cause typically demons and spirits dont typically probe your ass, implant you with weird stuff, Dyatlov you, be aliens disguised as aliens or fallen angels disguised at aliens, or any number of things that I very willfully block from the front of mind.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Yes we have belief systems that literally narrow our visions and blind us to anything outside of it. It's trapping, and literally keeps us from seeing things outside of the box. That's my point.

your right maybe some of our belief systems blind us

en.wikipedia.org...

After fifteen days of observation during which he reportedly did not eat, drink or go to the toilet, all medical tests on Jani were reported as normal[16] and researchers described him as being in better health than someone half his age

If you ignored gravity you might not have a healthy fear or respect of heights, in which case you could fall. If you ignored the fact that your body needs to remain at a specific temperature to survive,

common sense
but
en.wikipedia.org...

we are still finding out what the Human body is capable of
and how we are affected by the environment

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I drew an interest in about 1961 I was an avid reader,and remember reading about the Roswell crash,and the retrieval's of bodies,and also growing up close to the ocean,had several sightings my friends and I,there were believers and skeptics I think in recent years with advent of phones with cameras,a lot more visual proof,I think what is now getting exposed is that some of these strange sightings have exposed our own governments who may be responsible for 50% of them,but I agree with you,all in all it has gone real stale,makes you wonder if some plan behind it,given their past track record of experimenting on us without our knowledge

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I'd just like to say this one last thing.

I do agree that we can declare autonomy, but in order to do so... I think we need to become more aware of the forces that already govern us, and continue to strive to learn more about them. Like in Mindfulness, she points out that the more perspectives we are aware of (the more stuff we learn)... the more choice we will have to practice autonomy and exert more control in our lives.

And also I agree that being governed by forces (or mind controlled), does involve our own personal beliefs. For example, if you believe that a person in an authority position has lots of power over your life, then that person will have lots of power over your life. But if you're not impressed with their authority position, then that person is going to have less of an effect on your life. So I get that much... but still there are tricks and things that trap and govern us, specially when we are young. And I do not know if you can undo what has been done.

a reply to: kibric

I basically think the Jani story is BS, but idk I could change my mind about that.

The Wim Hof guy reminds me of the monks that can control their body temperature too, in severe cold weather.

Are you a Scientologist? I think scientologists love the idea of walking on fire coals and not feeling pain and stuff like that, lol. But I guess scientology isn't the first or last to adopt those types of beliefs and practices. In a way such practices are attempts at declaring autonomy, saying, "fire, you don't govern me!" and etc. I honestly have a similar spirit about things.

And idk, maybe we all have Jesus potential to conquer death in a total declaration of autonomy and live forever. That would be cool. But at the moment we all seem to be a little bit stuck and subjected to these physical laws. And it's better to put on a jacket in the cold weather, rather than risk complications.
edit on 1-4-2017 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Mindfulness and self efficacy should be the first things taught to children, drummed into if you like.

especially in a world where mental illnesses are on a constant rise, with new ones appearing again and again.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hey, never were just one camp, far too many shapes and sizes and the fun never stops.

1. Saw a silver disc in 1956 traveling silently north as I lay on a picnic table as a youth.
2. Saw another with flames off it's nose in 58 over the farm.
3. Saw many over the years darting about as light too high to know the shape.
4. Saw an orb at night off my wing tip as I landed at night in Mi.
5. Saw a giant, thick triangle at about 1500 ft. Above my sailboat at three am anchored off Islamarada fl..
6. Saw two giant plasma types over fl. In the 90's that were seen coast to coast and featured on hard copy tv.
7. Woke as I was taken into an organic triangle UFO, it was an A1 type, very friendly like an old friend, completely transparent from inside.
8. We, my wife and i and friends have seen three large cylinder type here in fl.
9. One communicated ahead of time with me to inform me it was going to put on a show in wi. So i told the group i was with to watch this, pointing at a section of the sky, and it then did in fact put on a show but looked like a star just before.

Yup they come in all types and the show continues to the point no one even reports them. Oh forgot, i had to stop my cycle a few years ago and watched one bounce up and down rapidly mid day as it went out over the gulf, odd no one else seemed to see it as they drove with eyes glazed over. There were others as well. Life's a blast, just surf with the energy

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

I agree and I wonder if the common core program is trying to do just that, teaching children that there are multiple ways to arrive at the same conclusion, and etc. But I could be wrong about that. I don't know much about common core, yet. But the idea that there's only one rigid way to solve a problem doesn't leave much room for creativity or "mindfulness."

I realize we have gone adrift but my main point was I think more people are vulnerable to a type of mind control than most people would be comfortable admitting.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

but if you refuse to accept that they exist then you will never meet one!!

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Posted earlier then skimmed through a few replies referencing foo fighters and thought I would relay what I was told by my step father.

Ed was a captain and flew in the thick of runs over Germany during WW2. Flying a B 24 in those days meant most did not come home, they were destroyed in great number. He told me in 1950 and later how the shells would explode about them, planes going down one after another, men streaming out the bomb bays fully expecting a bad end.

Also he detailed how the foo fighters would fly up, poise themselves off a wingtip and then dart to the other wing tip or fly off to accompany another plane. He told me and my brother how they arrived and just watched the show, mostly going away when the shells would explode, filling the sky with ack ack. Folks they were real, no lights from the ground or similar. He was one of the most intelligent men I had the pleasure to know. I was a kid then and older later when he told me of these. Sadly, on his last mission he went down after take off, his old plane too shot up and worn out to make it's last mission, him losing two of his grew due to exploding bombs as he impacted without power.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join