It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force in talks to fast track PCA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Subscribing

🔍👌

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Lockheed has released an updated concept for its NGAD/PCA.

Avleak calls it NGAD rather than PCA.

No wonder I am confused. They're all confused.

aviationweek.com...

It's looking rather different than semi McDAC bird they still have on their main website:

www.lockheedmartin.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
They might have started learning early on to push on the next level on tech now rather than later.With things maturing quickly with todays tech they need something to play with later..Knowing defence they will probably change designations a half dozen times.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The Air Force’s next-generation aircraft may defy traditional categorization.

It’ll likely surpass the F-22 Raptor or F-35 Joint Strike Fighter in range, but may not be as mission-specific as a bomber. It might not require a stealth coating over the entire aircraft. Perhaps lasers will be incorporated into the airframe to increase its survivability.

These are options analysts are discussing as the service preps its next-gen “capability” to penetrate counter air offensive or defensive weapons, and readies itself for the next high-end threat around the globe, officials said Monday during a panel discussion.

“As we went through the [study], we specifically precluded ourselves from using the word fighter,” said Brig. Gen. Alexus Grynkewich, head of an Enterprise Capability Collaboration Team. Last year, he and the ECCT released the Air Force’s plan for next-generation air dominance, known as Air Superiority 2030.

www.defensetech.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Surely this is a job for expendable swarms of UCAV's if ever there was one.
edit on 12-7-2017 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

I think that's why Kratos has its contract. But even so, we'll need manned aircraft for a time.

The Chinese seem to agree and even agree (and embrace and extend) the Lockheed OODA 2.0 concept:

alert5.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Knowing it is an enemy plane,what its carrying and what its intention is..That information and who gets it first I would look at..I would rather have a gun and not use it than not having a gun and being in a life and death situation and not have a gun to use.
Dogfights will never be dead.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join