It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump to Take an Unpaid Government Post

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

She just gave birth mid-October. She's got a 5 month old. I would imagine nursing, weaning, teething, diapers and potty training would be the priorities of a mother in her position, but she probably has nannies to handle all that, as well as her 2 toddlers' needs. But, then again, her pretense to be THE model business women, wife and mom, representing women and their equal rights in the work place was always an obvious sham.

How quick some turn on women (and minorities, etc) with their flip-flopping philosophies based on silly partisanship.

I guess she's a sham as a competent woman and should just stay home and make sammiches for Jared?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: windword

Didn't she give birth in March?

Ah, my mistake. Theodore James Kushner was born on Easter Sunday, 2016. It was her son Joseph that was born on Oct 14. So, she has 2 toddlers and a 5 year old.

edit on 30-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

It's like a labor union... they only care about workers who are paying their dues into the machine and are thus beholden to it. If a minority, woman, or disadvantaged individual succeeds on their own merits, outside of the cult of "progress," they are treated like a pariah and mocked. (because you know mockery is the sincerest form of self righteousness.)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

She just gave birth mid-October. She's got a 5 month old. I would imagine nursing, weaning, teething, diapers and potty training would be the priorities of a mother in her position, but she probably has nannies to handle all that, as well as her 2 toddlers' needs. But, then again, her pretense to be THE model business women, wife and mom, representing women and their equal rights in the work place was always an obvious sham.

How quick some turn on women (and minorities, etc) with their flip-flopping philosophies based on silly partisanship.

I guess she's a sham as a competent woman and should just stay home and make sammiches for Jared?

She's a poor little rich girl, a pampered princess that can't represent, and is in fact out of touch with the women she claims to speak for and to be a role model for. Yet, she's trotted out and touted, by men, like a trophy wife, of what women can and should aspire to be......which is impossible for 99% of them.

Women, even feminists, don't support other women who are taking jobs from and betraying qualified women, and who don't represent them or speak for them, simply because they're women. That would be sexist!

edit on 30-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Yes I know the Kennedy's and Ivanka'. If you haven't seen Olliver Stones featurette JFK than I strongly recommend it it will change your world view on how you view the events that unfolded that winter morning oh so long ago I guarantee.

Ivanka is Donald Trumps daughter FWIW.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Okay, so when you criticize another man who you think is a con artist, using family privilege to substitute for qualifications, education and experience in order to perpetrate a fraud, would that like be this?

It's like a labor union... they only care about workers who are paying their dues into the machine and are thus beholden to it. If a minority, woman, or disadvantaged individual succeeds on their own merits, outside of the cult of "progress," they are treated like a pariah and mocked. (because you know mockery is the sincerest form of self righteousness.)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Not role models? But Michelle O saying Beyonce is I guess is ok? Hey kids marry a drug dealer and sell your ass on stage like a 3 dollar whore on a pole. It showed when her daughter was caught getting high and twerking this past summer.

A lot of hate for the Trump women. Jealous of their looks or because you could never attain someone like that in your life? What is wrong with using what you have to groom your children to be as successful as you are?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

So in 4 years you'll be all ready for home hospice care? You do realize many seasoned citizens go well into their 80s and 90s without requiring any more 3rd party care than they needed at any earlier point in their adult lives, right?

Starred as will no doubt also be by all other OAP's on ATS.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Enumerating other women that you find to also NOT be good role models doesn't suddenly make Ivanka the role model she makes herself out to be. There are lots of women who don't make good role models, Ivanka is among them, as is Melania.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Why? Please try and tell me why I would not want my daughter to look up to Ivanka Trump as a role model? Stay on target as that is who we are discussing.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I don't know if she is qualified because I am still not sure what her duties are. At his age, I would suspect nursing. Not sure she is qualified for that position.

You're mad that Ivanka is a girl and not a guy, right?

And that she don't need the money she is not being paid.

You want Trump to drive down to Home Depot and pick up a close advisor and give the dude a govt job and pension. I get it.

Just ain't gonna happen.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I'm not mad about Trump. He didn't promise me that he would be better than a democrat. Same old, same old. The rich get richer and the coal miners and veterans are the poster children.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

No. The only ones I know in their 80's and 90's that don't have a home or aide are in the hospital from falls.

And no I won't need hospice care. I, like Trump have grown children. One is a nurse trained in geriatrics. Got it covered.

What'd be better is if one of them owned a cemetery.

That's the end of the line anyway. Take care of people forever instead of a couple years.

Cheaper per annum, too.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You know we kind of agree. Most, not all, the over 80 I know, would die without assists, physical and medical. I don't want that and have my will detailing no life support. I know one guy that lived on the Snake River who lived to be 93 all alone. He smoked 3 pk of cigarettes a day and about 50 cups of coffee. True story.

I am worried about President Trump, all this stress at his age. If that is Ivanka's job, moral support, she is the only one qualified, short of his wife.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I'm not mad about Trump. He didn't promise me that he would be better than a democrat. Same old, same old. The rich get richer and the coal miners and veterans are the poster children.

Yeah, did you forget what the last admin did to the coal miners and the vets?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
"did you forget what the last admin did to the coal miners and the vets? "

No. But I heard Trump promise them jobs. He lied, so who is worse?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Okay, so when you criticize another man who you think is a con artist, using family privilege to substitute for qualifications, education and experience in order to perpetrate a fraud, would that like be this?

Well, you posted this:

But, then again, her pretense to be THE model business women, wife and mom, representing women and their equal rights in the work place was always an obvious sham.

What MAN were you criticizing here? Really, I'd love to meat the man who's striving to become the model business women, wife and mom. It would be like watching a real life Michael Keaton movie, and he's a hoot in that role.

Care ye to backtrack, matey?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

You know we kind of agree. Most, not all, the over 80 I know, would die without assists, physical and medical. I don't want that and have my will detailing no life support. I know one guy that lived on the Snake River who lived to be 93 all alone. He smoked 3 pk of cigarettes a day and about 50 cups of coffee. True story.

I am worried about President Trump, all this stress at his age. If that is Ivanka's job, moral support, she is the only one qualified, short of his wife.

I am 63, I've smoked and drank with my great grandma in the 80's at my brother's wedding, she quit smoking at 93 and died at 103.

I'm sure your concern is genuine but I doubt Trump will be ready for "the home" anytime soon.

The potus can have anyone they want as an advisor, just look at Valerie Jarrett.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Does your daughter have a rich daddy to set her up as executive vice president of a real estate development company, to indulge her and teach her the ropes? Do you think she should expect success that easily? Do you want your daughter to grow up thinking it's okay to misrepresent her concern for her constituents, all the while working back room deals to benefit herself? Do you want your daughter to grow believing the ends justify the means?

Do you want your daughter to steal designs from successful designers, have them knocked off cheaply in China, while making promises to women of American jobs, industry and exceptionalism?
broadly.vice.com...
www.inquisitr.com...

Do you want your daughter to not only silently put up with, but publicly support a skeezy, genital grabbing father, who publicly tells audiences that he would date her if he could, after he battered/raped her mother and then married a mail order, gold digger trophy wife bride?
www.thedailybeast.com...
www.nydailynews.com...

Do you want your daughter to believe that her looks are more important than values? Do you want your daughter to get a nose job and breast enhancements and then to accept sexual harassment in the work place or change careers?
www.celebrityplasticsurgery24.com...#
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

No. The only ones I know in their 80's and 90's that don't have a home or aide are in the hospital from falls.

You need to get your ass out into rural America. I knew friends' grandparents who still ran their ranches into their late 80s and remained in their ranch houses (granted with help running their cattle, but not caring for themselves) into their 90s. When I say friends, I mean multiple grandparents, too. It wasn't an uncommon thing in my neck of the woods at all. My bloodline is feast or famine, unfortunately. Grandparents all deceased (kicked in the leg by a plow horse: bloodclot, Fell down an elevator shaft while visiting my great grandmother in Chicago: rapid degradation of health, Sepsis from a ruptured appendix at 28: died on an operating table, and stroke caused by a head injury sustained in an accident.) My great grandparents, however, all lived well into their 90s and only my great grandmother required nursing home care after she turned 90. So either Scandanavian and Slavic blood is truly the blood of the gods, or others are doing it wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join