It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump to Take an Unpaid Government Post

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Wish her all the best with the job - looks like a decent lady -

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: oxford

LOL.. Her daddy is the president of the united states. She doesn't need to do a good job. If she were decent, she would give the job to a trained geriactric nurse.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: oxford

Well, she's no Angela Merkel, but looks are everything in Trump's world! After all, Trump would be dating Ivanka, if he weren't her father.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Remember, Bill Clinton appointed his wife to a 'task force' as POTUS.

However, if it is not an 'official' position and they are not getting paid so the anti-nepotism clause does not apply.

As far as clearance, lots of people have a high level clearance. No big deal here. No pay, well, how could anyone complain that a person working in government is not getting paid. To complain about that shows the problem and the reason the government needs to be slimmed down.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

True. As long as we can find a democrat to circle back to, then its ok for Trump to break all his promises of being better.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

LOL

Its not like telling the truth is DJT's strong point. He went on and on in 2016 about how presidents shouldn't always be on vacation. How they should spend their time at the WH doing presidential stuff.

2016 was an election between the Snake Oil Salesman and the Snake.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I was giving a more direct example where someone appointed their wife. I would have thought you expected me to bash Obama.

JFK also comes to mind with his brother. We could also discuss Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt and Dwight Eisenhower.

I do not see anything wrong with what Clinton or Trump has done. If you have the right person for a position and you think they can handle it what is the problem?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I don't know if she is qualified because I am still not sure what her duties are. At his age, I would suspect nursing. Not sure she is qualified for that position.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet

It's really quite rude to give half a quote, when the remaining portion is necessary to express the intended opinion.

I need ancillary media to express my opinion...I choose outside influence.

She has political qualifications...show me my shoes.

Well okay then, whatever you say. I'll feel free to half quote you as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I don't know if she is qualified because I am still not sure what her duties are. At his age, I would suspect nursing. Not sure she is qualified for that position.

She's doing a good job of raising a couple of toddlers, this one is just bigger and more stubborn.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ah Ivanka!
A true champion of woman's rights!
Intelligent and beautiful too!
Triggering blue haired cankled Starbucks swilling feminists everywhere for simply existing.
She will be attacked by the left much like Mary Tyler Moore for believing in things like...

“I believed, and still do, that women have a very major role to play as mothers,” said Moore. “It’s very necessary for them to be with their children. That’s not what Gloria Steinem was saying. She was saying you can do everything and you owe it to yourself to have a career. I really didn’t believe that.”

Source

Sad because women stand to gain a lot from these Trump ladies holding positions of power. Not just in the west but around the globe. But the backwards thinking of the left prevents them from seeing past the conservative wrapper.

Screw progress when there is a chance to play victim and virtue signal right?!?!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I don't really care that her dad needs her. Its the hypocrisy that I just can't ignore. I can respect if she would come right and say "My dad needs me", that in turn will help the country. But not this subterfuge that she has a real position, that someone else may be more qualified for. I understand he has a first lady that is not there for him.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Mocking someone for being 70 years old? Karma is a bitch... we will all be 70 someday, God willing.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I could care less if it's official or not. She was going to play the role anyway. I'm just wondering, now that it is an official position, does this mean she's going to divest herself from her company?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

She just gave birth mid-October. She's got a 5 month old. I would imagine nursing, weaning, teething, diapers and potty training would be the priorities of a mother in her position, but she probably has nannies to handle all that, as well as her 2 toddlers' needs. But, then again, her pretense to be THE model business women, wife and mom, representing women and their equal rights in the work place was always an obvious sham.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I am 66 and spent 15 yrs working in nursing homes. Preaching to the choir.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Didn't she give birth in March?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I am 66 and spent 15 yrs working in nursing homes. Preaching to the choir.

So in 4 years you'll be all ready for home hospice care? You do realize many seasoned citizens go well into their 80s and 90s without requiring any more 3rd party care than they needed at any earlier point in their adult lives, right?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

No. The only ones I know in their 80's and 90's that don't have a home or aide are in the hospital from falls.

And no I won't need hospice care. I, like Trump have grown children. One is a nurse trained in geriatrics. Got it covered.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Sad because women stand to gain a lot from these Trump ladies holding positions of power.

Trump ladies? You mean Melania and Ivanka? They are no role models for average working women and their struggles. Princesses and trophy wives don't do anything to help the "glass ceiling" when their sugar "daddy" has to pull strings to get them their unpaid jobs, or protect them from having to do their job by keeping them away from public scrutiny and hiding them in away golden towers and suing people who citizen them!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join