It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump to Take an Unpaid Government Post

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I guess knowing clothing lines and shoes instantaneously gives one insight into how to Govern:

Ivanka Trump, the elder daughter of President Trump, is becoming an official government employee, joining her husband in serving as an unpaid adviser to her father in the White House.
Ms. Trump already has an office in the West Wing, and she said last week that she would serve as an informal adviser to her father. But that plan prompted criticism from ethics experts, who said it would allow her to avoid some rules and disclosures.

seriously folks, especially those who were "so concerned" with Obama's birth certificate....this is far more concerning in that a whole singular family is becoming the monarchy of America....isn't this what we fought against during the Revolutionary War?

Am I simply making something out of nothing here? I don't think so.

Source

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Nepotism in the White House? Like WTF?! Bad enough Trump gave her husband a job! Ethics? Who needs it. Btw, Jimmy Carter had to get rid of his families peanut farm yet Trump is totally allowed to do whatever the hell he wants.

Of course Trump supporters will support and defend her because her last name is Trump. No integrity at all in that camp.
edit on 29-3-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I give my parents advice all the time.

She is unpaid, what is the problem?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

She doesn't need a gov't position to give daddy advice. That's what Sunday dinners are for.

But you know this, which is sad.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

She is his primary speech writer, so it makes some sense here. Hell, JFK is widely considered an excellent president and he put his own brother in as Attourney General, which is a much loftier position than Kushner or Ivanka hold. US Grant had almost his entire family under White House employ.

I personally think you're making something out of nothing...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

To be fair hiring experienced qualified people hasnt been working out either..

Sometimes a person with no experience can be a valuable asset to view things differently amd not go with the train wreck we have been on.

link   
This could lead into bitter jealousy "Family Values" decisions !!

link   
This is something to get outraged about.

She might give advice.

He might take that advice.

This is how the zombie apocalypse starts.

Pray for us, we are doomed.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

If he listens to her advice as someone trusted on a personal level (like, stop tweeting, Dad!), I don't see a problem with it.

It's not like she's Sec. of Defense or something.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I'm not sure how you equate this with a birth certificate, perhaps you could explain that sometime.

Anywho, as an unpaid advisor, I've no qualms. Much bigger stuff to worry about.

Something of nothing? No. Big deal over not much? Sure.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Nepotism in the White House? Like WTF?! Bad enough Trump gave her husband a job! Ethics? Who needs it. Btw, Jimmy Carter had to get rid of his families peanut farm yet Trump is totally allowed to do whatever the hell he wants.

Of course Trump supporters will support and defend her because her last name is Trump. No integrity at all in that camp.

Yeah we have no integrity like the son of god called Obama or the old Leprechaun called Hillary. Please give me a break. She is unpaid and takes most likely a advisory role. Wow big deal.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You mean the Carter peanut farm that was in bad financial shape prior to Carter's presidency thanks to a poorly thought out decision to expand too much, too quickly? I'm pretty sure old Jimmy welcomed the excuse to jump ship on that one, especially since it distanced him from the financial losses, removed him from being the family "bad guy" who would make the decision to sell the family business, and kept brother Billy away from the White House (at least until the farm was outright sold by the trustee, desperately trying to dump the mess onto someone else.)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Trumps kids are very bright, educated and distinguished. I can't think of any modern president that had intelligent and trustworthy adult children who he wanted consulation and advice from.

Yeah, that says alot about Trump himself. He wants his adult children's opinions and advice. Wow. Impressive.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

For how concerned you apparently are, you did an atrocious job of actually explaining why you're so concerned.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Maybe she can fix the school lunch program that somebody's wife screwed up.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Fast forward to 2020 ....... The President of the United States

1) Chelsea Clinton ?

2) Malia Obama ?

3) Ivanka Trump ?

Take your pick.

Could be worse

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
JFK made RFK his attorney general right out of law school. When you're up against the shadow government it can be good to have someone around you know for a fact has your back.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Mandroid7

She doesn't need a gov't position to give daddy advice. That's what Sunday dinners are for.

But you know this, which is sad.

The only thing sad is the amount of programming that actually stuck with people.

It is apparent in this post.

What are you actually complaining about here?

Sounds like job title jealousy, bitterness from a "team" loss, or some other weird mental health issue.

Negativity is a self fulfilling prophecy, it is going down the ladder, not up it.

Let's all grow up here and deal with real issues, shall we?

IF you get offended by the president asking for free help from his daughter, which is great because she can add a younger perspective to his decisions, then you have obviously never experienced any real loss in life, and it will be very difficult if you do.

-But you knew that, which is sad

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Maybe he should pay her $166,000 a year and call her, his daughter. listening to her is optional

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What a misogynistic and sexist OP. What do you have against women?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join