It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials Worry Drones Will Become High Tech Terrorist Weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: intrptr

Boy, talk about spinning the topic 180 degrees. I thought the topic was about the fear and deaths caused by terrorism? What about these victims? I wish there were no casualties of war and terror in the world. That would be great, but how do we prevent this? Do we stop targeting terrorists? Do we ignore the situation altogether?

"We" created the 'situation'. "We" invaded the Middle East, not the other way round.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

They would be right to be worried.

This will definitely feature in the future as a terrorist threat.

Drones will keep developing, too. They will be able to carry explosives, any kind of cargo or weaponry, from chemical to biological to radioactive dirty bomb; endless as a fiendish imagination.

When I was a child I had a dream that I always remembered. I dreamed of flying machines attacking us in whole squadrons. They had laser weapons and were firing indiscriminately on crowds and exterminating.

It's weird watching reality catch up with a child's night mares.

edit on 29-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You know, I never really thought about that! That is certainly a very scary thought. How does a country defend itself from a small drone? By the time it's recognized the damage could be done.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Good to know, problem solved; and possible more jobs added

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Will more than likely have to have a license plate of some kind on these drones so whoever buys one can be identified and its all kept on database, very much like a car driving license or passport!

Or maybe a miniture blackbox attached to them like they have on planes! So even in the event a drone flies straight into a building or car and blows up, you'll eventually find that blackbox and id who did it or at least ID who had the drone to begin with and then trace it around.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have noticed a bunch of CGI propaganda. Be careful, question everything. Propaganda is powerful, if it tricked you, its doing its job.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: smurfy

Mate, did you actually watch the first video, it's a shocker, just saying it's about as real as rainbow unicorns.

Aside from that, the chance of terrorists using drones in the future is somewhere around 100% IMO. The only questions are where ? when , and how big ?.

I should add, to avoid excessive negativity, I believe the "when" is still some way off.

Well said, I completely agree on all points ^

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join