It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Swamp so afraid of Nunes not recusing himself?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

a reply to: Stevemagegod

Why is the Swamp so afraid of Nunes not recusing himself?

Really the better question is: Why is Trump and his supporters so afraid of an independent investigator taking charge of the investigation?

If Trump has nothing to hide then he shouldn't fear an independent investigator instead of relying on a partisan stooge to run the investigation.

Ditto for the Hillary and Obama Camp.

Fair enough. I have no problems having an independent investigator review the evidence against Obama and Hillary if it gets you to agree to appointing one for this investigation.

This is all a Big Chess Game to these people. I just find it hilarious because it just proves that they don't have America's Best Interest at Heart. However now its gotten dangerous. Democrats are so out of control mad that they lost they now consider it an act of War against Russia and also want to abolish the Electoral College process.
edit on 29-3-2017 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Why are the Trump Administration and Trumpkins so afraid of an unbiased investigation into the possible coordination between Trump staff and the Russian government?

Nunes was part of the transition team. That's a potential conflict of interest that is a strike against him from the start. Then Trump tweets this BS wiretapping allegation. Sean Spicer tries to back it up by repeating bogus claims from Fox News about the GCHQ. The floudering, failing, feckless and horribly dishonest administration needed something to occupy the cult members.

So of course, Nunes shows up at the White House to meet some secret source who shows him some documents related to something that show there might have been some "incidental collection" of Trump's associates and hell, maybe Trump — who really knows, right? Apparently not Nunes who then makes some rather vague statements to the press before admitted that nothing he's talking about changes his mind that the Donald Trump's "wiretapping" tweet was false.

Cue Sean Spicer repeating portions of his statements but not the part where Nunes said it wasn't evidence in support of Trump's dishonest tweet.

Nunes heads on over to the WH, allegedly to brief the President and cohorts. If you believe that. It's not until the next day that he briefs his fellow committee members. At that point, he also apologizes for not briefing them first. Why? Because he knew that what he had done was improper.

Ever since, Trump supporters have been grasping at straws to a) make something about Trump's tweet not a lie and to b) try to deflect from the investigation that Nunes is heading up.

He won't reveal the source except that it's supposedly not somebody from the WH staff.

He won't reveal who granted access to the WH grounds and SCIF to him and his anonymous non-WH staffer.

Sean Spicer was asked who granted him access and he claims not only not to know but that that he doesn't fully understand the process. Spicer says he'll look into it. Day later, he still doesn't know.

And of course, there's this secret source at an undisclosed meeting that wasn't revealed upfront by Nunes. Oh no, that had to be leaked to the media and then later confirmed by his communication director.

Let's get real here: If Nunes isn't closely coordinating with the WH, he sure as hell is doing a really piss poor job of not giving that appearance. Is he oblivious? Is he stupid? Does he think we're all stupid?

Strike two was giving the press conference where he made extremely vague, unsubstantiated comments which he had to know would be easily misleading to eager Trump supporters.

Strike three was going to the White House before the committee and that should be enough. Alas this isn't baseball and three strikes isn't enough for him to be out. Now we have strike four, the previously undisclosed WH trip and all the absurd shenanigans surrounding these documents.

Nunes shouldn't be anywhere near this.
edit on 2017-3-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Are we not having the same conversation or did it hurt your head that we agreed on something for once so you had to go and strawman Democrats again?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Oh and how about his handling of the scheduling of these hearings? WH isn't liking what's being said on national TV in open hearings so first he announces that it's time for some closed door testimony and then in the middle of the debacle he himself created, he throws the brakes on everything else?

Come on.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Are we not having the same conversation or did it hurt your head that we agreed on something for once so you had to go and strawman Democrats again?

No not really. They want War with Russia. You should be afraid because a Russian US WW3 is not putting America 1st.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If you will notice, the entire democratic party uses these easily influenced voters to do their biddding.

They single out emotional and civil issues to manipulate those with weak emotional control.

They actually create the "issue," project it as the other side. then swoop in as the savior.

Case in point.. Chelsea Clinton making statements about the diamonds billboard. She is creating a civil rights issue for stupid people.

This is their platform. The young and dumb crowd is ripe for the plucking and the internet has made it too easy to play this game.

It is fairly easy to make money off of easily manipulated people, but they can grow into a voting force, which is not good.

I am surprised the democrats haven't tried to get grade school kids eligable to vote.

College kids, uneducated, immigrants, minorities, etc.....

They literally posted billboards saying head to the US in central America, opened the door, and tried to get them to vote dem.

We need some basic qualifications in order to vote, such as an age restriction, id and 10 years as citizen imo.

Allowing a bunch of easily manipulated sjw kids with their rents credit card, vote for the working class is a recipe for disaster.

It is too easy for parties to manipulate these groups using social media.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Do you ever write a thread where you don't assume the answers (and thus create strawmans) for the questions you ask in it? What's the point of responding to this thread seriously if I have to pick apart all your idiotic strawmen first?

So why hasn't Trump been impeached yet?

Well for one, the investigation hasn't wrapped up, so an impeachment would be preliminary even if they do have incriminating evidence against him.

I mean the Liberal Media claims it's pretty obvious that Russia colluded with Trump.

The liberal media isn't the final say on the investigation, which again, is still ongoing. I know this can be confusing for you right wingers who feel like right wing media holds some sort of Judicial say in the country, but it doesn't work that way.

And yet the only crime that has been committed was the Obama Government unmasking General Flynn's name. Weird?

That wasn't a crime and AGAIN the investigation is still going. To say that nothing implicating Trump has been found while the investigation is still ongoing rings of HUGE desperation. Like you are afraid they will find something and desperately want the investigation ended so they don't.

Yes it is a crime punishable by up to 10 years in federal prison when the person is caught. They used that confidential information as a Political Weapon to destroy this mans career.

Yet the investigation doesn't care about Obama. You may need to get right with that reality. No matter what you say to the contrary, Obama isn't under investigation and won't be for the foreseeable future.

Strange then that he's in French-Polynesia (no extradition) for a month (or two) long stay, without his wife and kids, to "write" yet another book.

I wonder if it is going to be titled The Audacity of No Hope Left in America.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I suppose the Dems want to get rid of Numes and put a good Democrat doing the investigation. Now that is real honesty at play, get a Democrat to find wrongdoings of other Democrats. maybe congress can hire a neutral party that will take a bribe from the Democrats to investigate this, a committee that can't actually access official classified documents to prove anything. So we will then have to rely on what the Democratic leaders have said is real .

Hey, We can't be finding that our past president is a criminal, we need to make people believe this one is the criminal.

I hope you guys know what Sarcasm is?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Why aren't Obama officials and the Poopkins recusing themseleves, since Obama's own official admitted it was a widespread conspiracy at the hill. All "hill people" democrats are now suspect.

edit on 29-3-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I have a question slightly related...in my state, Georgia, recording is protected by single party, meaning only single party consent. So if I call someone and want to record the conversation I can, and I can use it in court if I want. Does single party consent in a state give whatever ABC agency the right to record anyone in those states?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It is obvious, by Nunes own statement that the investigation will involve information from the time that he worked for the Trump Administration.

If he continues, he has the potential to be "investigating" his own actions or actions that he was personally party to. That alone disqualifies him.

Further we know that as part of the "transition" Nunes was involved in the work Flynn was doing for Turkey.

Not only should Nunes be removed from this investigation (if not the Chair of the House Intelligence Committee) but he should also have to register as a foreign agent, just as Mr. Flynn did, and what he should do with just these facts in consideration, is resign his seat in the House.

He obviously has MULTIPLE conflicts of interest. This isn't really debatable; the only way to argue it is to deny reality.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I suppose the Dems want to get rid of Numes and put a good Democrat doing the investigation. Now that is real honesty at play, get a Democrat to find wrongdoings of other Democrats. maybe congress can hire a neutral party that will take a bribe from the Democrats to investigate this, a committee that can't actually access official classified documents to prove anything. So we will then have to rely on what the Democratic leaders have said is real .

Hey, We can't be finding that our past president is a criminal, we need to make people believe this one is the criminal.

I hope you guys know what Sarcasm is?

Let's not forget who Rep. Adam Schiff really is...Schiff is the individual who called the heroes who fought off terrorists from the roof of the CIA annex in Benghazi liars for their account of the Obama/Clinton administration’s denying security improvements, ignoring warnings of the attack, and the issuance of a stand-down order for any rescue, an order they ignored.

As Investor’s Business Daily recounted in 2014: "The California Democrat who suggested that his party boycott the Benghazi Select Committee as a waste of time now accuses those who fought on the CIA annex roof of lying "to promote a new book."

The last we heard from Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., a member of the House Intelligence Committee, was in May. That's when he told Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday" he thought the planned select committee to investigate the 2012 Benghazi attack was a "colossal waste of time."

Schiff has no concern for the truth, he's just another Democrat operative protecting the Obama legacy and trying to destroy Trump, if anyone should step down it's Adam Schiff.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

If Nunes doesn't recuse himself the left will be unable to manipulate the intelligence information in their favor.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Because Schiff = Democrat?

All of the Benghazi "investigations" were political theatre. After the first couple it was redundant political theatre

If these are your only concerns about Schiff, I'm not convinced.

The difference between Nunes and Schiff is that Schiff is ranking member, which obviously means squat.

The Chairman obviously has control of the investigation; it's not even remotely simlar, regardless of how you feel about Mr. Schiff.

Also, the investigation was supposed to be into Russian interference in our general election as well as Trump operatives and their connection to the Russians. The stuff about illegal Obama surveillance of Trump is just more cover for the White House.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I heard this Obama aid describing how they spied on Trump. Reminded me of Brazile bragging how she got debate questions to Hillary. And Loretta Lynch calling for violence on the streets.

All these liberals are starting to show their TRUE personalities. Expect more Obama people to show their true hideous nature very soon.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I heard this Obama aid describing how they spied on Trump.

Somehow I missed this news.
Do you have a link?
Who was it?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

"All of the Benghazi "investigations" were political theatre. After the first couple it was redundant political theatre"

...all of the Russian hacking "investigations" are political theatre and after the first couple it is redundant political theatre.....fixed it for you.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

a reply to: Wardaddy454

It's called a vacation. A well deserved one at that after putting up with the bull# the right throws at him (even now).

A vacation without his family? And lets be honest, does Obama really need anymore vacations?

Doesn't look like he's missing them.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Oh and how about his handling of the scheduling of these hearings? WH isn't liking what's being said on national TV in open hearings so first he announces that it's time for some closed door testimony and then in the middle of the debacle he himself created, he throws the brakes on everything else?

Come on.

Yeah right.

How many times do they want to hear, "can't answer that here"?

Go to 1:30

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Watergate didn't happen overnight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join