It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New IT remake teaser trailer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
In the book it says that "IT awakens every twenty-seven years from a slumber underneath the town's sewers"

The original came out in 1990, the new movie comes out this year in 2017... 27 years later.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

aww #. Its funny, I cant stop watching the trailers. I really like the sounds and background ambience of the trailer, I sure hope they incorporate more of that into the movie. Much of what I enjoy in a GREAT horror flick is the ability to elicit that feeling of dread, terror, and hopelessness that the right combination of sounds and score can pull off.

When Marco Beltrami and Marilyn Manson did the film score for the first Resident Evil movie, they freaked out their sound editor's dog during some cutting and they were trying to figure out what it ate that was driving it crazy when they finally realized something in the music was freaking it out. It was interesting to hear this, as the same thing can be done with people. I hope Manson continues to do scoring for horror flicks.

I thought Silent Hill (1) was another good horror flick that did well with its scoring. Pennywise looks like good throwback to the original, but I also enjoy how he has gotten a bit of a decayed less refined look to him. The original had him looking too much like he just showed up for the party fresh and clean for every scene. But in some ways, that worked for his image as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

Teaser looks good,thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Man I can't WAIT for this movie. Loved the book and the original movie.

I think they seem to have captured the 80's feel similar to Stranger Things.

This is going to be awesome!!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickovthenorth
a reply to: interupt42

Yeah i have to agree Hollywood hasn't really given us anything truly original in a long while or nothing that was any good at least anyway, i do think the teaser for IT shows promise but i am prepared to be disappointed.

Inception. Tropic Thunder. Etc.

There are actually plenty of pieces that come out, but the big attention grabber stuff these days comes from the big franchise marketing campaigns.

Although some of these TV series are where its really at the past 10 years. Seeing IT dropped down to a couple hours is my biggest concern here.
edit on 11-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The remake looks promising. But I do agree it can easily be a typical modern horror movie that just happens to be based on It. All in all It is a good book. Since there's a lot of back story, different characters, their history, and relationships I suspect the remake to be more short and sweet.

What I'm excited about is the scene with Eddie and the leaper. Man, that would be scary if done right.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join