It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alarming Ad about Islamic State on Strategic Forecasting Company Website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I listen to monthly podcasts by "Stratfor Talks" on geopolitics. I've been impressed with the experts and information on these monthly podcasts, and wanted to look a little further into "Strategic Forecasting Inc" (AKA "Stratfor").

Self-described as a geopolitics analysis firm, Stratfor also advertises in many of their career openings that they prefer people with experience in intelligence operations - understandably.

Stratfor has been around since 1996, employs around 100 people, and is headquartered in Austin, Texas.

Due to me deep interest in geopolitics, I wanted to learn more about Stratfor, and stumbled upon their advertised career opportunities openings.

An advertisement at the top of the page really caught my eye. Here is a screencapture of the ad (and webpage content below it)

The ad has an image of an eye, as well as 2 "scopes" and reads Grassroots Ji hadists. 1slamic State 1nspiration. Let Us Help You Understand

It almost appears to be a recruitment ad for IS. I don't dare click it.. hovering over the "Subscribe" button shows that this is a "googlead", and within the lengthy URL it also reads "content=top_banner_ISISLoneWolf".

Maybe I'm totally off-base here but what the hell is this all about? Should I report this ad somehow? Any advice would be appreciated - thanks friends at ATS.

edit on 29-3-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Great, now we have google recruiting for ISIS, lovely. (what a time to be alive)

I'd report it famcore, I'm just not sure how to go about doing that.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

I'd report it famcore, I'm just not sure how to go about doing that.

Exactly what I'm wondering. Call the FBI office in my state? I have no clue!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Which ever way you do, try to stay anonymous, although nowadays that's next to impossible.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

They are an intelligence company. It's clearly asking the visitor to subscribe to their newsletter so that they can receive analysis on ISIS / jihadi mentality. That's what the company does. Provides information and analysis.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

The part where it says "1slamic State 1nspiration", accompanied by "1SISLoneWolf" in the URL had me thinking it's not so innocent

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

They are an intelligence company. It's clearly asking the visitor to subscribe to their newsletter so that they can receive analysis on ISIS / jihadi mentality. That's what the company does. Provides information and analysis.

aiding and abetting in a terrorist organization?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wtf! Hahah that's hilarious....in a shocking way, not a funny ha ha way.
Report it to them and say I think someone is trolling and point out what you said above.
If they say, no it's legit, then we know something's a foot.

What exactly is a Grassroots Jihadist?
If you somehow survive your employment... how do you write that on a resume for future job applications.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well...I dared clicking the add.
It's an advert for books that are supposed to make you understand the jihadists motives.
Nothing to be afraid.

You won' t be abducted or put in jail for it...and your not being recruited for IS.

It's a little bit phobic

edit on 29-3-2017 by Daalder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

It maybe a fishing ad to see how many people click on it, then you will have some interesting visitors at your door within hours.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

We'll see.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I looked a little deeper into it and it seems to be an intelligence agency looking for people to identify and assist AGAINST grassroots jihadist.
Just a very misleading slogan title to say the least lol

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Well I'm glad that's what it turned out to be - honestly that was what I figured but the verbage of "Inspiration" and "Lone Wolf" definitely had me going for a sec. Thanks for contributing Macenroe

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I am glad that the mystery is solved, it was interesting.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Hey no problem, I was intrigued as well.

I was thinking, how bloody ballsy they would have to be, to place an ad like that.
But then I searched out and skimmed over a few articles and realized what it was.

But yes, they have a very misleading slogan ...the guy who came up with it really should have considered what an outsiders view point would be when coming across that lol

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm really surprised so many of you are not familiar with this organization.

I did have a lot to say but considering that, I'll let it go.

Carry on.

Buck
edit on 29-3-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Aw come on Flatbush!! I'm extremely curious what your thoughts are on Stratfor and this subject in general. Please indulge! I respect your opinion and knowledge and feel like I've been jipped based on your comment. Pretty please?

new topics

top topics

join