It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A top Obama official just confirmed the surveillance of the Trump team.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

So its the Obama gang, and yet not a single thing is mentioned which suggests that this was anything other than an effort instigated by people OTHER than Mr Obama.

More spin. Faaaaaaantastic.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It was also reported by those same people Trump and his campaign were the target of FISA warrants.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Good point. Why didn't they edit her statements? They're supposedly part of the "biased liberal media" yet they don't seem to care about such a bombshell being dropped on their channel and just allow it to happen knowing it would be spread over social media.

Maybe it's to create faux-outrage? I think so. This whole Russia hacking fiasco is only in the spotlight for one reason and one reason only: to cause as much outrage and cognitive dissonance as possible.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It is NOT speculation that Trump lied about his wiretap claim. That has been completely confirmed.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It was also reported by those same people Trump and his campaign were the target of FISA warrants.

So? Point out how that is illegal.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

This isn't new. It was reported on extensively at the beginning of the month, and while I can't seem to find any articles about it now, it was also mentioned back in January when it happened. It isn't illegal and you haven't found any new smoking gun against Obama.

This article is dated March 1st. Notice that the investigation hasn't changed focus since then?

ETA: It's amazing how you guys take flimsy evidence like some lady giving an interview on MSNBC as confirmed evidence of Obama wrongdoing, but bend over backwards to dismiss ALL of Trump's inconsistencies.

Unmasking american citizens is illegal. Farkas just admitted that they did everything to dig up dirt on Trump. This has nothing to do with Russia. She admitted that the surveillance of Trumps staff was illegal due to the fact that the names were unmasked by people of Obamas inner circle. I guess Lynch exploded when she saw that on live tv.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

This isn't new. It was reported on extensively at the beginning of the month, and while I can't seem to find any articles about it now, it was also mentioned back in January when it happened. It isn't illegal and you haven't found any new smoking gun against Obama.

This article is dated March 1st. Notice that the investigation hasn't changed focus since then?

ETA: It's amazing how you guys take flimsy evidence like some lady giving an interview on MSNBC as confirmed evidence of Obama wrongdoing, but bend over backwards to dismiss ALL of Trump's inconsistencies.

Unmasking american citizens is illegal.

No it isn't. There are something like 20 people within the government who have the authority to unmask. You may want to brush up on the facts of the case if you believe this to be true.

Farkas just admitted that they did everything to dig up dirt on Trump. This has nothing to do with Russia. She admitted that the surveillance of Trumps staff was illegal due to the fact that the names were unmasked by people of Obamas inner circle. I guess Lynch exploded when she saw that on live tv.

Yeah... No.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The Brexit has put a dent on your reasoning skills man.

I hope you come back to us...as you were.before all this.

I still love you

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Tardacus

So its the Obama gang, and yet not a single thing is mentioned which suggests that this was anything other than an effort instigated by people OTHER than Mr Obama.

More spin. Faaaaaaantastic.

In light of Nunes indicating that the results of the active intelligence gathering (which this lady readily admits was going on), and the unmasking of (possibly) Trump and some of his associates in "intelligence products" that were provided to Obama and his White House - and then widely disseminated, using the changes Obama made to the rules concerning the sharing of intelligence information (which she again readily admits to, and in fact says this was their express purpose)...

...you will have to (or should anyway) admit that Obama was very well informed - and involved (who signed Executive Order 12333 pray tell?) - in these activities.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

They were denied the warrant against Trump, and circumnavigated it by asking for a warrant claiming someone else was the target when Trump was. That's illegal.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

It is NOT speculation that Trump lied about his wiretap claim. That has been completely confirmed.

He did not lie about it, he just got the term "wiretapping" wrong, but we all know what he meant. Doesn't matter how they "tapped" him, wires or wireless, it is still the point that he was under surveillance.

If I say I got into a car accident today, but the other vehicle was actually a truck, am I lying because I should have said truck accident?
edit on 29-3-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

They were denied the warrant against Trump, and circumnavigated it by asking for a warrant claiming someone else was the target when Trump was. That's illegal.

Nope. That isn't what happened.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

He did not lie about it, he just got the term "wiretapping" wrong, but we all know what he meant. Doesn't matter how they "tapped" him, wires or wireless, it is still the point that he was under surveillance.

BULL#! That is just Trump moving the goal posts back after he got caught in an easily provable lie. His tweets very clearly describe wiretapping, how it works, and eludes to the wiretap being illegal on the likes of Watergate.

If I say I got into a car accident today, but the other vehicle was actually a truck, was I still involved in a car accident, or am I lying because I should have said truck accident?

Who cares? Trump's tweet was clear on the manner. Thinking otherwise is just silly.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You (and Democrats) are quibbling over semantics. Trump was being monitored by the intelligence community. Obama's own officials have now admitted that. They only way Dems can still say Trump's claim was false was by placing an absurd emphasis on whether or not the IC's actions fit the technical definition of 'wiretapping.'

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Yet the investigation continues to look in Trump's direction and not Obama's. You may want to get right with that so you can align with reality. Or don't. Watching you be wrong is entertaining for me.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

If I say I got into a car accident today, but the other vehicle was actually a truck, am I lying because I should have said truck accident?

True! What other word would one use to convey the idea of unscrupulous surveillance?

"Hacked"? That word is all but outright ignored these days because DNC called wolf too many times.

We all know what he meant.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Its amazing to me that people can play so dumb about that.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Nope. That isn't what happened.

Oh I thought I read this ...

Neither Mr Trump nor his associates are named in the Fisa order, which would only cover foreign citizens or foreign entities - in this case the Russian banks. But ultimately, the investigation is looking for transfers of money from Russia to the United States, each one, if proved, a felony offence.
A lawyer- outside the Department of Justice but familiar with the case - told me that three of Mr Trump's associates were the subject of the inquiry. "But it's clear this is about Trump," he said.

www.bbc.com...

However, it is thought in the intelligence community that the warrant covers any ‘US person’ connected to this investigation, and thus covers Donald Trump and at least three further men who have either formed part of his campaign or acted as his media surrogates.

heatst.com...
edit on 29-3-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Nothing you posted it in the BBC article is illegal. And the heatstreet article has been circulated extensively around ATS. Let's just say its conclusions are biased and wrong.

You can't get around the fact that the investigation isn't looking at ANYONE in Obama's administration. Up to and including Obama. They are looking at Trump and HIS admin. So you can post all the "damning" evidence from right wing sources you want, but it isn't going change reality to your fantasies.
edit on 29-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

They asked for a warrant for Trump. they were denied. They asked for a warrant for someone else, when their intention was to surveille Trump, which they had already been told no to. That's illegal. They lied about the reason for the warrant. If it was legal to surveille Trump like they did they would have gotten the warrant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join