It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 year old kills three teens.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What a stupid question anyway, should he wait to be stabbed?

You said it!!! You said "he was not being attacked" so by your logic, he must wait until he is being stabbed first.
edit on 29-3-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Forcing entry into someones home, while carrying life threatening weapons. Is an offensive move, and denotes an offensive or aggressive posture/presence. The logic that a potential victim has to yield and await confirmation of life threatening contact before responding is downright ludicrous.

You don;t know spit about defending ones own home from attackers. My advice to you is to buy a vicious dog and reach for a cell phone instead.

The Irony of your post is hilarious, are you misquoting the wrong poster again? Or was this actually meant for me.

The part about waiting to be stabbed stands, thanks for pointing out my mistake, I fixed it. Theres five armchair keyboard warriors pinging me with worst case scenarios about this event, none of which turned out to be true. And I got you mixed yup with someone else.

What a stupid question anyway, should he wait to be stabbed?

Just for clarification, are you implying that your "analysis" is something more than armchairing?

I think that seems to be the logical disconnect. Often times this "worst case scenario" isn't some distant and faint possibility. I refuse to believe that you are naive to the nature of man, and are instead choosing to play devils advocate just for the sake of being combative.

It's just as reasonable, if not more so, to conclude that he was in immediate danger of being killed than it is to assume he was in no danger.

With those possibilities, given the location, it is not his duty to make the choice that errors on the side of the attackers safety.

It's all just basic logic, so at this point I'm pretty sure you are just doing the whole devils advocate thing.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
originally posted by:intrptr
"Frankly, comparing firearms (not "guns" as you call them) to "monsters" and "Pitbulls" reflects your ignorance."

I want to clarify that what you are saying is wrong.
Nowhere did I ever say, "guns" when I referred to "rifles", that makes all the difference to someone that knows or doesn't know about firearms.It may not make a difference to you but for me it does, it is saying I called a "rifle" a "gun", which I did not, since you are trying to correct me saying, "firearms".

originally posted by:intrptr
"You don;t know spit about defending ones own home from attackers. My advice to you is to buy a vicious dog and reach for a cell phone instead."

I actually do know"spit" about that subject and I'll gladly inform you anytime that you want to know how and why. Knowing, "spit" is the difference between you and I, just know that.
Why buy a vicious dog when I am a responsible gun and homeowner? I am also a responsible dog owner too, which I would never even think of letting a member of my family possibly die because I was cowering behind a door.
You don't understand that a cell phone means that you make a call, that call is to a police dispatcher that may or may not expedite your call, usually not fast enough. The police en route might actually take some time to arrive, they 'might' just arrive as the bad guys have just killed me with a knife.
You, Sir, and I do say that will all due respect, do not know what you are talking about, your feelings are what you feel, not any real knowledge of what you speak.
Try thinking in your head about the seconds it can take in any dangerous scenario that you can dream up. Try doing it your way, then try it defending yourself against people that are right there, and, the police are nowhere in the vicinity, try that and get back to me.
I'm serious, I would like your thoughts on that worst-case scenario.
edit on 29-3-2017 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

a reply to: MisterSpock

It's not on the victim to be allow minor injuries to themselves in order to judge the malicious intent of their attacker.

He wasn't being attacked. Breaking and entering doesn't warrant summary execution.
Some people watch too much "Walking Dead".

We get it, you are a proud member of BLM (burglars lives matter)

Plain and simple if you don't want to get shot breaking into someone's house, don't break into someone's house.

Cause meet effect.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

a reply to: MisterSpock

It's not on the victim to be allow minor injuries to themselves in order to judge the malicious intent of their attacker.

He wasn't being attacked. Breaking and entering doesn't warrant summary execution.
Some people watch too much "Walking Dead".

Ok try that at the whitehouse or a US embassy and see how far you get before being gunned down. If they see you with a weapon you dont get no warning. you get shot first.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

That was funny.

You missed their point too. All lives matter, not just blacks.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

That was funny.

You missed their point too. All lives matter, not just blacks.

OH no! remember saying all lives matter is degrading to Them remember?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

If your gun isn't loaded and ready to rock you are doing home defense wrong.

An AR 15 for home defense inside the house isn't the best choice, imo. You gotta be an idiot to think it won't over penetrate walls, including the neighbors.

An idiot, or a sadist. He could of put one round into the floor and watched them scatter, too.

Easy to say is you aren't there. As for myself, I keep a loaded Pistol handy for things that go bump in the night.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

a reply to: yuppa

If your gun isn't loaded and ready to rock you are doing home defense wrong.

An AR 15 for home defense inside the house isn't the best choice, imo. You gotta be an idiot to think it won't over penetrate walls, including the neighbors.

An idiot, or a sadist. He could of put one round into the floor and watched them scatter, too.

Easy to say is you aren't there. As for myself, I keep a loaded Pistol handy for things that go bump in the night.

Now you funny, too.

(Bump) goes a possum underneath the house. Blam blam!

One hour later, bump goes a bird on the roof. Blam Blam Bla Blam!

Thumpa thumpa thumps goes the squirrel on the back fence. Blam Blam Blam! Pweeee...

must be interesting living near you.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This would be more of a shock if it weren't for the fact that thousands of people go missing yearly in America alone, not including those killed due to fake wars all over the planet.

Sorry but as sad as this story is, it's only the icing on the cake.
edit on 29-3-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join