It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lt. Gen Michael Flynn — Just The Facts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
In today's press briefing, an apparently frustrated White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, told American Urban Radio Networks' correspondent April Ryan to "At some point, report the facts."

Though I'm not April Ryan, nor am I a reporter, I decided to take Mr. Spicer up on his challenge. Originally I was going to put together a thread of facts about a number of individuals. Nearly two hours later, I'm at a point where I'm reasonably satisfied with what I've compiled on Michael Flynn. The facts presented here are mostly in chronological order.

* In August of 2015, Flynn traveled to NYC to meet the then candidate, Donald J. Trump. Their scheduled thirty minute meeting ran ninety minutes.

* In early November of 2015, Flynn was invited to attend a gala celebrating the tenth anniversary of Russian state-operated media outlet, RT.

* In December of 2015, Flynn attended the gala in Moscow.

* Travel expenses for Flynn and his son, including luxury hotel stay, were paid for by RT.

* At this gala, Flynn dined with Vladimir Putin, whom he was seated next to.

* Flynn was interviewed onstage by an RT reporter at the event.

* In April of 2016, Erdoğan came to the US in a visit arranged by Turkish businessman, Ekim Alptekin, chairman of the Turkey-U.S. Business Council, non-profit arm of Turkey’s Foreign Economic Relations Board.

* In July of 2016, during the Republican National Convention, Flynn told Yahoo News's Michael Isikoff, when questioned about payment for the RT gala appearance, saying, "I didn’t take any money from Russia, if that’s what you’re asking me."

* In August of 2016, the Erdoğan-connected Alptekin contacted the Flynn Intel Group about lobbying for Turkish interests. The $600k contract was to be paid by Alptekin's comapany, Inovo BV, which is based in the Netherlands.

* Rather than register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), Flynn and colleagues register with Congress under the Lobbying Disclosure Act.

* Also in August of 2016, Flynn began receiving intelligence briefings.

* In September of 2016, James Woolsey becomes a senior advisor of the Trump campaign. He goes on to be a member of the transition team.

* On September 19, 2016, a meeting arranged by Alptekin is held in a NYC hotel. This meeting is attested to by the later FARA flying.

* This meeting was attended by Turkish foreign minister, Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, Turkish energy minister, Berat Albayrak (who is Erdoğan’s son-in-law), Flynn and his two acquaintenance, former FBI agent Brian McCauley and former CIA Director, James Woolsey, who was also a Trump advisor.

* According to James Woolsey, as first reported in a Wall Street Journal interview, at the meeting, the removal of Fethullah Gülen. Woolsey characterizes the plot as a "covert step in the dead of night to whisk this guy away."

* A spokesperson for Flynn responded to Woolsey's account:

A spokesman for Flynn told the paper that “at no time did Gen. Flynn discuss any illegal actions, nonjudicial physical removal or any other such activities.” The spokesman said Flynn talked about his company's “work for Inovo that included gathering information that could lead to a legal case against Mr. Gulen.”

* According to Flynn's own FARA filings:

The filings, signed by Flynn himself, say the three-month contract included conducting “investigative research” and retaining “an experienced filming and production crew in order to develop a short film piece on the results of its investigation, and a public affairs firm to utilize for public affairs as needed.”

The documentary, which focused on Gulen, was reportedly never finished or distributed.

On Sept. 19, Flynn’s firm met with a “group of government officials from Turkey for the purpose of understanding better the political climate in Turkey at the time, as background for the project.”

edit on 2017-3-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
* In October of 2016, Flynn's partner met twice with Miles Taylor, national security adviser on the House Committee on Homeland Security:

According to the FARA filings, Bijan Rafiekian a Flynn Intel partner who owned 33 percent of the firm, met twice in October with Miles Taylor, the national security adviser on the House Committee on Homeland Security.

One meeting was in Taylor’s office, the other at Flynn Intel Group’s offices in Virginia.

“Over the course of the discussions, Mr. Rafiekian raised the firm’s representation of Inovo and issues related to the research conducted for Inovo concerning Mr. Gulen and Turkey,” the filing states.

Rafiekian is identified in Flynn Intel Group literature as Bijan Kian, a businessman and former director of the Export-Import Bank.

* On November 2, 2016, Flynn admonished MSNBC host Stephanie Ruhle for speaking ill of Vladimir Putin.

* After Trump's election victory, Flynn concluded his business with Alptekin. By this point his firm had been paid $530k. The purported Gülen documentary is never finished or distributed. Flynn Intel Group is shut down.

* On November, 8, 2016, an op-ed by Flynn is published by The Hill argued that Gülen is the "bone of contention" between the US and Turkish governments. The op-ed calls for the extradition of Gülen.

* On November, 11, 2016, The Daily Caller reveals Flynn's firm's contract with Inovo and Alptekin's connections to Erdogan.

* On November 18, 2016, President-Elect Donlad Trump named Flynn to the position of National Security Adviser.

* Sometime in December of 2016, Jared Kushner and Flynn met in person with Kislyak at Trump Tower in a meeting that was not disclosed until this month.

* On December 29, 2016, Obama admin announced new sanctions and expels 35 Russian diplomats. That day, Flynn placed five phonecalls to Russian Ambassador Kislyak.

* On December 30, 2016, Vladimir Putin announced there would be no response to the Obama administration's sanctions/expulsion and invited children from US Embassy to a Christmas party. President-elect Trump tweeted: "Great move on delay (by V. Putin) - I always knew he was very smart!"

* On January 5, 2017, James Woolsey quit the Trump transition team.

* On January 11, 2017, asked by a reporter if his campaign staff were in contact with Russian officials prior to the election, President-elect Trump responded, "No."

* On January 12, 2017, Washington Post opinion writer, David Ignatius, cited an anonymous official, claiming that Flynn had phoned Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak several times on December 29th.

* On January 13, 2017, Sean Spicer confirmed contact between Flynn and Kislyak but denied sanctions were discussed:

Spicer was asked about the column in a call with reporters, and that's when he confirmed that contact had happened, but he said it wasn't as described in the column. Here's the timeline as described by Spicer:

— "Christmas Day, Gen. Flynn reached out to the ambassador, sent him a text and it said, 'I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I look forward to touching base with you and working with you, and I wish you all the best.' The ambassador texted him back wishing him a Merry Christmas as well," Spicer said.

— "And then subsequently on the 28th of December [the ambassador] texted [Flynn] and said, 'I'd like to give you a call, may I?' "

— "[Flynn] then took that call on the 28th and the call centered around the logistics of setting up a call with the president of Russia and the president-elect after he was sworn in. And they exchanged logistical information on how to initiate and schedule that call. That was it, plain and simple."

* On January 15, 2017, Vice President Mike Pence claimed on CBS News's Face the Nation that sanctions were not discussed.

MIKE PENCE: --should do. But what I can confirm, having spoken to him about it, is that those conversations that happened to occur around the time that the United States took action to expel diplomats had nothing whatsoever to do with those sanctions.

JOHN DICKERSON: But that still leaves open the possibility that there might have been other conversations about the sanctions.

MIKE PENCE: I don’t believe there were more conversations.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
* On January 23, 2017, during his first White House press briefing, Sean Spicer denied that sanctions were discussed in calls. He further claimed that according to Flynn, there had been only one call:

SPICER: So there’s been one call. I talked to General Flynn about this again last night. One call, talked about four subjects. One was the loss of life that occurred in the plane crash that took their military choir, two was Christmas and holiday greetings, three was to -- to talk about a conference in Syria on ISIS and four was to set up a -- to talk about after the inauguration setting up a call between President Putin and President Trump.

That -- I don’t believe that that has been set up yet because the call was to say -- they did follow up, I’m sorry, two days ago about how to facilitate that call once again. So there have been a total of two calls with the ambassador and General Flynn. And the second call came -- I think it’s now three days ago -- that was to say once he gets into office, can we set up that call? It hasn’t -- to my knowledge, has not occurred yet.

* On January 26, 2017, according to a later (Feb 14) press briefing by Sean Spicer, the Justice Dept advises the White House counsel that Flynn's (Pence's, etc) account of the calls was not true. Multiple outlets later cite "anonymous officials" who claim that the call was made by AG Sally Q. Yates.

* That same day, White House Counsel Donald McGahn communicated to President Trump, the information from the Justice Dept. (per Sean Spicer's Feb. 14 briefing also)

* On January 30, 2017, AG Sally Yates is fired after directing Justice Dept attorney's not to defend President Trump's travel ban.

* On February 8, 2017, Flynn denied (twice) having discussed sanctions with Kislyak.

* On February 9, 2017, the Washington Post reported that, "Nine current and former officials, who were in senior positions at multiple agencies at the time of the calls," disputed the characterizations of the contact between Flynn and Kislyak by the Trump administration which included claims that sanctions had been discussed.

* On the morning of February 13, 2017, Kellyanne Conway told MSNBC that Flynn, "does enjoy the full confidence of the president."

* That evening, Flynn resigned as National Security Advisor.

* In his written statement, Flynn claimed that he had "inadvertently" briefed Pence and others with "incomplete information."

* On February 15, 2017, at a joint press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, President Trump claimed that Flynn was a "wonderful man" and that he'd been treated unfairly.

* On March 2, 2017, the New Yorker reported Flynn and Kushner's December meeting with Kislyak at Trump Tower. Hope Hicks confirmed the meeting, stating that the purpose of the meeting was to "establish a line of communication" between the incoming administration and the Russian government.

* On March 7, 2017, Flynn files under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) retroactively.

* In the filing, Flynn admitted that his work "could be construed to have principally benefitted the Republic of Turkey."

The filing, however, indicates that “[t]he research, which was conducted by independent contractors retained for this purpose, focused on Mr. Fethullah [Gulen] and charter schools in the United States that are associated with, or allegedly associated with, Mr. Gulen. The results of Flynn Intel Group’s research were provided to Inovo, and to S.G.R. LLC Government Relations and Lobbying, the public relations firm engaged by Flynn Intel Group. Flynn Intel Group and the public relations firm developed various materials and documents related to this research for potential dissemination.”

* Among the items described in Flynn's FARA filings:

Documents that Flynn’s firm filed with the Justice Department this week revealed that “S.G.R. LLC Government Relations and Lobbying created a Gulen-themed monopoly graphic at the direction of” Flynn’s firm, Flynn Intel Group.

* The filings also confirmed that the op-ed in The Hill was based on research paid for by Alptekin and that a rough draft of the op-ed was sent to Inovo prior to publication.

The op-ed was developed “based, in part, on the research conducted by Flynn Intel Group under the Inovo engagement. The op-ed was not written or published at the request of, or under the direction of control of, Inovo, the Republic of Turkey or any other party. No compensation was received for the publication of the op-ed. … Nonetheless, the op-ed addresses subject matter related to the research that Flynn Intel Group conducted for Inovo, and a draft of the op-ed was shared with Inovo in advance of publication,” according to the filing.

* On March 16, 2017, documents released by Rep. Elijah Cummings proved that Flynn had in fact been $33,750 paid by RT.

* March 24, 2017, the Wall Street Journal published Woolsey interview.

That should be just about everything to present. Here are the links to the FARA filings: Registration Statement, Supplemental Statement.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

While I tend to disagree with you more times than not. You can make a good thread, always some good questions to be asked. Kudos

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

You seem to be very good finding stuff, why don't you do a nice a thread on the Hillary, Russia, uranium, foundation and campaign funding affair.

Now that can be traced and will not take more than a few days to find the corruption and links.

edit on 29-3-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

After reading your threads the first thing that comes into my feeble mind is "So what" I feel like you go around in circles.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Ok so you have a chronological biography of Flynn's life for the last 18 months.
I am surprised you don't have the count on how many times he gets up at night and takes a piss.
All of this is public knowledge, considering that you were able to find it all.
What exactly is the point of all this?.....nothing illegal here, it's time to get rid of Gulen anyway.
Many accounts and reports have called him the Turkish Osama bin Laden...if Erdogan wants him so bad, send him back.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
What's his current job in the US government?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Will that make Flynn less guilty of treason?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Great thread
Well thought out
Well laid out

You should add this as it applies to Dec 29, 2016 and before:

www.nbcnews.com...

“We did not include any evidence in our report – and I say ‘our,’ that’s NSA, FBI and CIA, with my office, the Director of National Intelligence – that had anything, that had any reflection of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. There was no evidence of that included in our report.”

Unless you are now saying Flynn was not a part of the Trump campaign?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

You seem to be very good finding stuff, why don't you do a nice a thread on the Hillary, Russia, uranium, foundation and campaign funding affair.

Now that can be traced and will not take more than a few days to find the corruption and links.

Prob because hillary :

A: didn't win the election , and her career is over..

B: Hillary clinton isn't under investigation by the FBI for colluding with an ENEMY nation to swing HER OWN Presidential election..

C: there is not presently a very real possibility that clinton made a deal with Russia to hack US government officials.... well I doubt he had anything to do with the hacking.. just made a deal for dropping the data to benefit himself..

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

He was a civilian he can work for whoever he wants. He actually worked on behalf of an American company. They can send him where ever they want and to do speeches where they want.

Lets not pretend that Bill Cinton did not do the same but even worsts with bribes.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

He was a civilian he can work for whoever he wants. He actually worked on behalf of an American company. They can send him where ever they want and to do speeches where they want.

Lets not pretend that Bill Cinton did not do the same but even worsts with bribes.

Sure...

You can definately work for the nazis or Isis and then be president and/or a national security official...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Thank you for providing a first-class example of deflection. It's important for people to recognise the methods by which some will try to steer the conversation away from the topic at hand. What's next? Straw man or ad hominem?
edit on 29-3-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

B: Hillary clinton isn't under investigation by the FBI for colluding with an ENEMY nation to swing HER OWN Presidential election..

ENEMY nation?? Russia??
Since when and according to who??

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: amfirst1

Sure...

You can definately work for the nazis or Isis and then be president and/or a national security official...

You have gone off the deep end.....Turkey is now compared to the Nazis and ISIS?
Turkey is a NATO ally, just stop with this nonsense.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: marg6043

Will that make Flynn less guilty of treason?

Not sure, but I seem to remember something about a trial by a jury of your peers or something.....ah, nevermind, Kali74 usually is spot on, so hang this joker by a rope.

Seriously, if he's guilty, he will be charged, tried, and convicted. Many men died to protect the system put in place to ensure that process.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

While I tend to disagree with you more times than not. You can make a good thread, always some good questions to be asked. Kudos

Thanks! I do try to contribute something worthwhile that is of some benefit even to the people who often find themselves disagreeing with me.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Peter Schweizer @ Breitbart and President of the (also) Robert Mercer-funded, Steve Bannon co-founded, Government Accountability Institute (GAI), has already used GAI's data collection apparatus to compile details of the relevant transactions.

All of this was detailed in his book, Clinton Cash and though I haven't seen it, I assume in the Mercer-funded movie of the same name, produced by Steve Bannon's production company, Glittering Steel. In other words, professional journalists/reseachers with a decidedly anti-Clinton bias, backed by a billionaire patron, have already done far more research into the top than I and published that information in a book that has been hyped by Breitbart, Fox, etc — and even produced a movie about it.

Not only that but Schweizer's book was given to agents of the NY FBI field office who then took the unsual step of interviewing Mr. Schweizer to get more information.

I have actually posted a summation of the finer points on ATS a couple times. They're quite lengthy posts so I won't quote myself but you can read them here and here.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang

After reading your threads the first thing that comes into my feeble mind is "So what" I feel like you go around in circles.

Well then this thread should be for you as it's actually laid out in a very linear fashion. It also doesn't require you to follow a narrative or debate a conclusion. You can look at the facts that are known and decide for yourself what it all adds up to, what questions are left to be answered, etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join