It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Tsunami Hits Iran, Killing 1, And I think They are Lying about the Cause

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Now this is totally bizarre. A mystery tsunami came roaring ashore in the southern port city of Dayyer, Iran on March 19, 2017. It killed one person and at least 5 others are missing- presumably having been swept out to sea. There are a couple of videos of this event:

and

www.mirror.co.uk...

Having watched so many tsunami videos of the 2004 and 2011 earthquake events, I am pretty sure, and really- pretty certain- that what we are looking at in those videos is definitely a tsunami. Not storm surge. And yet the supposed cause of this was a storm some 1,000 miles away- so they claim. The speed of that water is the first clue.

But the bizarre thing is that no earthquake occurred to cause this. Because any earthquake large enough to cause this would have had to be over a 6.5, at the very least. And as we know, this would have registered on seismographs all over the region.

But there is nothing.

And so, what I believe happened is that most probably a small asteroid struck somewhere out in the Persian Gulf, and sent water flying. And I think they don't want to admit it, because of the embarrassment space agencies will face for not having detected it and not warned people. Not long ago we all remember what exploded over Russia. It was undetected as well.

I refuse to believe that much water, coming in at that speed, is caused from some storm 1,000 miles away. Just no. So man up, space agencies, and admit the truth. Another one slipped by you.

edit on Tue Mar 28th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

North Korea underwater nuke test, only rational explanation.

edit on 29-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

North Korea underwater nuke test, only rational explanation.

Ahh, have you looked at a map where NK is in relation to Iran? Not only is that not rational, but it makes no sense. At all.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Thanks for the thread. I'd missed this completely. Certainly odd.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Surely even a meteorite impact would give off a seismic reading?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Can't watch the bid yet,bit will later. How big was the wave,the kaikoura quake last year was a 7.8 I think,and it made a 7mtr wave. Your right,I doubt it was a quake and it possibly was a asteroid. But surely the impact may have picked up? I don't know?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Now this is totally bizarre. A mystery tsunami came roaring ashore in the southern port city of Dayyer, Iran on March 19, 2017. It killed one person and at least 5 others are missing- presumably having been swept out to sea. There are a couple of videos of this event:

and

www.mirror.co.uk...

Having watched so many tsunami videos of the 2004 and 2011 earthquake events, I am pretty sure, and really- pretty certain- that what we are looking at in those videos is definitely a tsunami. Not storm surge. And yet the supposed cause of this was a storm some 1,000 miles away- so they claim. The speed of that water is the first clue.

But the bizarre thing is that no earthquake occurred to cause this. Because any earthquake large enough to cause this would have had to be over a 6.5, at the very least. And as we know, this would have registered on seismographs all over the region.

But there is nothing.

And so, what I believe happened is that most probably a small asteroid struck somewhere out in the Persian Gulf, and sent water flying. And I think they don't want to admit it, because of the embarrassment space agencies will face for not having detected it and not warned people. Not long ago we all remember what exploded over Russia. It was undetected as well.

I refuse to believe that much water, coming in at that speed, is caused from some storm 1,000 miles away. Just no. So man up, space agencies, and admit the truth. Another one slipped by you.

Just wondering, but where are you getting this "1,000 miles" from? I can't find that anywhere in the sourced article.

There is a commenter at the bottom that talks about freak winds being the cause, but no 1000 mile reference anywhere.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I don't know but the sky looks pretty dark in the second video. There is definitely a storm, not saying that it was strong enough to cause the tsunami.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Why does it have to be a asteroid?

If the Americans and Russians have weather weapons?

www.infowars.com...

The female presenter of the news program smirked as he made the comments, but Zhirinovsky’s manner was far from jovial. Zhirinovsky made reference to the recent tsunami in Japan, suggesting that the “new weapons” to which he refers are related to weather control technology, which has been intensely studied by both the U.S. and Russia since the 1950′s and is commonly used today. Threatening to annex Georgia completely, Zhirinovsky warned, “And then there will be another tsunami, on the other side of the planet, in the Caucasus. Zhirinovsky’s reference to the Kuril Islands in connection with the devastating tsunami that hit Japan in March is a not so subtle suggestion that Russia had something to do with causing the natural disaster that killed thousands, led to the Fukushima crisis and threatened to derail Japan’s economic recovery.

edit on 29-3-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Oh, and I am pretty sure amateur astronomers would have caught an object falling from the sky that was big enough to cause what was in the video. It would have been lit up for a bit in the sky

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Well of course I've thought of that, but I believe if small enough and landing in water, which could severely cushion the blow, it would be possible little to no seismic waves would be transmitted. Remember, shear energy cannot travel through liquid. If the meteorite did not impact the bottom, then this would be possible. Waves would be created, but wouldn't necessarily register on seismographs.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Woah, that is wicked. I agree it has to be tsunami. As far as the asteroid theory, maybe it is a little more complicated. What are the possibilities this was an orbital kinetic weapons test and it was a message to the Persians? They also have satellite in the sky now. Maybe they speculated something in their domestic press??

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Comment from a commenter from your source:

well the authorities in Dayyer county in Busher Province said, strong winds from the sea landwards in a narrow corridor caused this.
Northern part of Persian Gulf shore is a mountainous region and strong winds causes such tsunamis occasionally. It happened a few years ago in the same region but there were no serious damage or injuries were reported.
Some damage also reported in Parsian county about 300 km to the south of Dayyer.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

But where did the 1000km come from,as mentioned?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Any other reports of tsunamis around the Persian Gulf?
If you look at a map, Bahrain is directly across the gulf from this place.
Surely a tsunami would not just hit this one spot on the coast.
The Persian Gulf is only about 200 miles wide at its widest point.
edit on 29-3-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's possible the storm clouds could have shielded the flash. And if this was a dense, metallic asteroid type, which did not blow up in the atmosphere, then storm clouds could have easily concealed the quick streak of light. Especially if it was coming in at a steep angle. Would have happened in mere seconds.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Is there any records of an asteroid entering the atmosphere during this time and region? I'm not too sure on your assumption of "embarrassed Space Agencies", only for the reason that this is the kind of event that they can use to increase their budgets.

It is weird, but in some cases the weather doesn't have to be happening at a location for it to affect the location. This being said you may be on to something if you can show that something came through the atmosphere at the time effected.

The is a small fleet of Naval Ships in the Gulf were if somebody saw something, there's going to be something on social media about it. On the other hand if it came through in an unwatched area, there are places on the "Webs" and "Nets" where people collect data on foreign objects entering the atmosphere. Poke around, and let us know what you find.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Remember, shear energy cannot travel through liquid.

Huh? Please explain. Are you talking about shear waves?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Huh? Please explain. Are you talking about shear waves?

Yes.

Overall my contention here is that no amount of surface wind over the ocean can mobilize that much water, that fast. That is beyond what a storm can do, imo. It would take something more to create that much water movement.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Or, wacky idea, it is what they said it is..

A Seiche..
SEICHE

Never heard of suchvacthing before myself...so learning something new

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join