It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently Khalid Masood was a lovely guy as Qatar invest billions in Britain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

The report goes against everything else we know about this individual, including the fact that he was violent before he ever converted to Islam, from Christianity. Simply put, he could have gone with agnosticism, atheism, could have chosen to become a Hindu or gone to Nepal to find enlightenment under the tutelage of Buddhist monks, but at the end of the day, he was a violent, angry man before he ever selected Islam as his religion. He was a violent, angry man, who one way or another, was always at a greater risk of acting on his impulsive rage, than were those around him.

His former bosses may well have seen a different side of him, but that is entirely common in malignant personalities. They hide a whirling maelstrom behind veneers of placidity when it suits them, when they have to in order to get what they want, food, money, power, sex and the like. But when they are in "go" mode, when they are not putting on a front, they unleash hell.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I saw an interview with a neighbour of his and he described an average guy who was always friendly, polite and helpful. Just an average "nice bloke".

I think it just serves to illustrate the toxic nature of this form of extremism that it can twist someone away from being that person into the one who kills through blind hate for society.
edit on 08pWed, 29 Mar 2017 04:51:08 -050020172017-03-29T04:51:08-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

A former employer of Khalid Masood has described him as a middle-class family man who was the "antithesis of a violent radical".

So they're saying...he was a moderate...right ? What else could they mean ?

Good. Makes me feel way safer now. Knowing that this man was not a radical...but a decent ordinary muslim.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

A former employer of Khalid Masood has described him as a middle-class family man who was the "antithesis of a violent radical".

So they're saying...he was a moderate...right ? What else could they mean ?

Good. Makes me feel way safer now. Knowing that this man was not a radical...but a decent ordinary muslim.

He'd been convicted for assault and slashing someone in the head before he converted to Islam from Christianity - although when he converted isn't known but thought to be around 2004. He was a violent criminal before and quite obviously after that event. There is actually zero evidence to say he committed his final crime in any way in allegiance to IS apart from the fact that IS have taken 'credit' for his actions.

Today, a week after the event, a demonstration to show unity took place in Westminster where people of all faiths talking of their sympathy for his victims, and there solidarity that such attacks should not drive wedges that some people want to drive - God knows how many of them are on ATS.

That some people who knew him at different points in his life weren't aware of the violence he had and would again cause is neither here nor there - but hey, carry on, not like any non Muslims ever kill people is it?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Is call defection, if you tell people two sides of the story, the story that is advertised the most even if is not the real one will stick more.

Most western countries populations are good trusting people, they know modern day violence, but only linked to news, wars and conflicts, people in western nations trust the news and government because they live in a pretty much manufactured world that tells them they enjoy freedoms.

Terrorist from countries that breed and nurture violence while oppressing people feed and take advantage of the trust of others.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I think it just serves to illustrate the toxic nature of this form of extremism that it can twist someone away from being that person into the one who kills through blind hate for society.

Or much more likely, they 'nice guy' image they were putting on was a facade, until they decide to act to earn their 70 virgins.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Is call defection, if you tell people two sides of the story, the story that is advertised the most even if is not the real one will stick more.

Most western countries populations are good trusting people, they know modern day violence, but only linked to news, wars and conflicts, people in western nations trust the news and government because they live in a pretty much manufactured world that tells them they enjoy freedoms.

Terrorist from countries that breed and nurture violence while oppressing people feed and take advantage of the trust of others.

You know the offender in this case was born in the UK as a Christian, committed several criminal acts before he's believed to have converted to Islam, right? Or are you just making things up to fit your narrative?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

And your point is?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

And your point is?

Because your comment -

has zero relevance in this thread. He was born in Britain where he committed his final criminal act, there is no evidence he went to a country that you describe and there is (at this point) no evidence that he was anything other than a violent criminal who had committed violent crimes prior to converting to Islam, and also no evidence that he committed his final crime in any kind of allegiance to IS.

So what then is your point?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Or much more likely, they 'nice guy' image they were putting on was a facade, until they decide to act to earn their 70 virgins.

See, I aint convinced totally about that.

Every single person I know understands exactly when I am fed up. I know I am not the world's best actor, but can you really hide such deep hate from the people you mix with each day?

I have my doubts.
edit on 56pWed, 29 Mar 2017 14:20:56 -050020172017-03-29T14:20:56-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Is not uncommon for people to become radicalized when traveling to the middle east.

He is been recorded as having 3 different trips to the middle east.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Investment by Qatar and a "family oriented Masood"....sorry I cant connect the dots. Care to actually make a connection for us "simple" conspiracy people?

So you mean that you have no connection, no proof, no serious conclusion. Mate, I'm British but that's total crap. Lone nutters are lone nutters. And I voted brexit, stand by it, but that's Bollocks

If you don't see then you will never see. It is for those it is meant for who will see.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Is not uncommon for people to become radicalized when traveling to the middle east.

He is been recorded as having 3 different trips to the middle east.

To Saudi as an English teacher and more crucially after he had already had at least two convictions for criminal activities including slashing someone in the face.

Nice of you to dig to try and substantiate your beliefs, it's just as likely with the information known at this time that he was a criminal psychotic who had not been radicalised. I'm more than prepared to accept the fact that evidence may be unearthed that he was, but until that happens it's just the opinion some people would like to hold.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join