I think it is likely a general housecleaning and restart to the party machinery. If there is any scandal that is also being covered up, it is a
collateral benefit. The Dems in 2016 did to themselves what the GOP did in 2008 and 2012. In 08, they had McCain who may have had a chance of winning
until he showed his judge of talent by selecting a brainless twit for a VP candidate. Goodbye, John. In 12, they picked Romney [father of Obamacare]
who had a chance, as he was a moderate, and somehow he got stuck with Ryan. Goodbye, Mitt.
The Dems couldn't stand being smarter than the GOP and so decided to inject a big dose of stupid into their candidate selection. The skids were
greased for Hillary by the coven. Bernie was cheated, Wasserman-Schultz was rewarded, Lynch made a public deal with Billy, and Brazile leaked the
debate questions so Hilly could have scripted answers [she really did look like she was competent in the debate.] Then the sky fell in on them with
the leaks and the world became aware of their perfidy. Goodbye Hillary.
Now the DNC has to retool. They need a platform that has planks that make sense, not the mindless "our plan is to remove Trump" idiocy that they have
been infected with [q.v., Waters, et al.]. What diagnostics may we use to measure their progress?
1. Top ranks purged. Eliminate the perceived [and actual] criminal elements. No Clintons [not even Chelsea], Obamas[not even Michelle], Podesta,
Abedin, Wasserman-Schultz, Sanders [Simone or Bernie], Lynch, Holder, or any other big dogs in the top ranks.
2. Positive Platform. Trump bashing sounds like the sour grapes that it is, Dems. Come up with things that aren't related to impeaching Trump,
insulting Trump, or stopping Trump.
3. Move toward the political center. If you want to win, you need people to vote for you and you need to find out what the voters want. To win, this
will mean [gasp!] moving toward the center. Appealing to illegal immigrants and welfare queens will only go so far. Come up with a plan that is good
for all citizens, in some fashion, and not just the fringes.
4. Transparency. A buzzword, but the DNC needs to win the respect of the public after the Clinton corruption debacle. How they will do that is TBD,
but they need to appear honest and aboveboard.
5. Be DEMOCRATS. The party of the common man has disappeared. Reconnect and rebuild what you once had.
edit on 3/29/2017 by pteridine because: