It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow, on US soil, many American flags will be desecrated and burnt.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: muse7

America , LOVE It Or LEAVE It ............

What ever happened to trying to make it BETTER, as a true patriot should?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What if the flags were made in China? Could I burn it if it was under the pretense of protesting products being made outside of the USA and keeping jobs in America?

Burn whatever flags you want. But do so knowing who fought and died for your right to do so.

And what is the last war that was fought that was actually fought to protect or maintain our freedom?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
There are so many millions of people in the world who would lend you a match - burn that FLAG!

Because so many, many people suffered from wars fought in the "name" of this flag. There are good causes that Germany isn't using the swastika anymore, and some of those causes apply to the Stars and Stripes.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

What are worred about? flags are only bits of rag anyway.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

what is the last war that was fought that was actually fought to protect or maintain our freedom?

sshhhh....you're making sense....they may wake up.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

The Civil War. Freedom lost.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

That seems pretty disrespectful to fly it "everyday". Flag code states that the flag should not be flown in inclement weather. As someone who is familiar with such matters, it was pretty annoying after 9/11 when people all over started disrespecting the flag to prove their "patriotism" (leaving it up at night with no proper lighting, leaving it flying in the rain, sleet, and snow, etc.). If you feel the need to "prove your patriotism" with a flag, then at least do it the right way.

As for the OP... really? Do we REALLY need a law to "encourage" the display of the U.S. flag? Don't we have enough pointless laws on the books? Is nonsense like this really the best use of the President's precious time?

This seems right up there with Hillary's "bill to designate a portion of United States Route 20A, located in Orchard Park, New York, as the "Timothy J. Russert Highway"." Largely meaningless "feel good" legislation in order to appear productive.
edit on 3/29/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: marg6043

what have you got to show for your efforts other than 100,000 War Veterans who have to beg for assistance and trillion $ debts that will never be repaid?

Low hanging fruit for idiotic assholes to sling potshots at the US and our veterans over for starters...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Just a stupid troll thread.

OP posts a bunch of childish trigger words against the left about something that hasn't happened (but you know, it might), disappears from thread, sets the cat amongst the pigeons.

Garbage OP about something that 'might' happen, but what else to expect from this triggered poster?
edit on 29-3-2017 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

10 points if you can put the word "trigger" (or variant thereof) in there a third time.

edit on 3/29/17 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I guess there's not enough fake news out there so you have to make up another one.

Rage = Ratings = MONEY

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

What are you talking about! We still have slavery in this country. It's called "prison labor".

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

What are you talking about! We still have slavery in this country. It's called "prison labor".

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Antifa may burn flags, I don't know. But they are extreme left, and a small population, as far as I can tell.

I don't know anyone who doesn't support Vietnam Vets at this point in time - they were soldiers, not the politicians who led us into that horror-fest.

I don't think the majority of the left is going to protest the Vietnam War. They have waaaaay too many other things to protest that are happing right now!

Peace,
AB

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Sounds more like the O.P. has already gone full retard. Which is an awful word to use when describing other human beings. You should apply to be in the circus. I hear that there is a shortage of clowns.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
So today on US soil ...
Did it happen?
Have any links to venues where this is going to happen?
Have any links of news of plans for this to happen?
Have anything at all to support this?
Or is this just another hit thread for people who don't support donald trump?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

For a lot of people it's a symbol of bombs, gunfire, destruction and invasion of their homes.

How do those rose-tinted glasses fit? Pretty snug?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No it didn't, he was just chasing stars and flags not any sort of honest discussion.

Liberal bashing is popular around these parts nowadays and he seems to take full advantage of that fact every chance he gets.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't let them intimidate me.
Basically I simply don't care what they think lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I have a Simple Question for you . What Exactly does Burning Any Nations Flag Accomplish other than a Vain Self-righteous Act perpatrated for the Sole Purpose of getting Attention ? What then ? Ok , you Burn the Flag , Now What ? What do you Expect to Happen ? People Calling you a " Cool Dude " ? Doing it to Impress a Girl , or just Pissing your Dad and other People Off ? Is the World Automatically going to Change because of it ? Hell No .

Why did so many Americans burn the American flag actually during the Vietnam conflict? Would that be to protest against the actions of the American government in prolonging a pointless war in which many of their fellow Americans were getting killed while they themselves where killing people with whom they had no direct reason to kill apart from the fact they were Communist?

You seem very upset about people exercising their right to protest.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join