It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow, on US soil, many American flags will be desecrated and burnt.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Gearing up for yet another round of endless wars I'd say (and it is already in effect).

Patriotism is pretty much synonymous with the military and war so the more patriotic the people are the more open they are to supporting war no matter how unjust or false the cause is, patriots just want to "kick ass".

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Not trying to be a pessimist or whatever, but wouldn't that mean you will stand with your fellow veterans to prevent people from exercising their 1st Amendment rights?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I can understand your position...I will continue to try to educate others that a flag is a symbol used for propaganda purposes to suit a narrative - like I said in an earlier post of mine, you didn't see Blackwater contractors holding the flag when they were doing extra judicial killings.

You don't see a the CIA using a flag when they hack non US companies so they can further US companies intelligence and commercial advantage from spying on competitors.

The real war that no one likes to discuss is the war between us plebs and the Kleptocracy.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Anyone wanna take bets on how the MSM will cover all this tomorrow?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Nyiah

Gearing up for yet another round of endless wars I'd say (and it is already in effect).

Patriotism is pretty much synonymous with the military and war so the more patriotic the people are the more open they are to supporting war no matter how unjust or false the cause is, patriots just want to "kick ass".

Right! Call it "civilian psychological prep work". Can't run the risk of having a populace pull protests rivaling Vietnam these days, it's easier to work them into a chest-thumping frenzy and let them pressure themselves into social compliance. Those who don't comply and join the unfettered patriotic support droves are the enemy.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm betting that no matter how they report on it they'll trigger Trump supporters somehow. They always do, as intended.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Saying that the "right" is always sticking up for racists and neo Nazis is absurd. I hope you are just trolling because if not you are remarkably uninformed. I'm no supporter of Milo, but remind me again, was it the right that resorted to violence to prevent someone they disagreed with from speaking? Was it the right that actually called for a military coup d'etat because their nominee wasn't elected? No one has done more to protect white supremacists' rights than the ACLU. Could any person with half a brain consider the ACLU "right." This uninformed bs might pass at your local community college civics class, but not in adult conversation.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Gearing up for yet another round of endless wars I'd say (and it is already in effect). Patriotism is pretty much synonymous with the military and war so the more patriotic the people are the more open they are to supporting war no matter how unjust or false the cause is,

This is very well articulated....The people feel powerless....any true thinking person cannot understand the insanity of it all...we retreat to simple things like a flag, family, our neighbourhood...

Then there are the ones who don't think carefully...Its right there in black and white in the National Archives

ie The Bushes have long been in the racket of War

www.globalresearch.ca...

We bring to the attention of Global Research readers this important article on the links of the Bush family to Nazi Germany, first published in the The New Hampshire Gazette in November 2003. While this relationship has been amply documented by official US government records (see the book by Webster Tarpley), the authors point in their article to newly discovered US government documents, which suggest that the relationship continued until 1951, nine years after the assets of Prescott Bush were seized under the Trading with the Enemy Act of 1942. After the seizures in late 1942 of five U.S. enterprises he managed on behalf of Nazi industrialist Fritz Thyssen, Prescott Bush, the grandfather of President George W. Bush, failed to divest himself of more than a dozen “enemy national” relationships that continued until as late as 1951, newly-discovered U.S. government documents reveal. Furthermore, the records show that Bush and his colleagues routinely attempted to conceal their activities from government investigators. Bush’s partners in the secret web of Thyssen-controlled ventures included former New York Governor W. Averell Harriman and his younger brother, E. Roland Harriman. Their quarter-century of Nazi financial transactions, from 1924-1951, were conducted by the New York private banking firm, Brown Brothers Harriman. The White House did not return phone calls seeking comment. Although the additional seizures under the Trading with the Enemy Act did not take place until after the war, documents from The National Archives and Library of Congress confirm that Bush and his partners continued their Nazi dealings unabated.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I'm betting that no matter how they report on it they'll trigger Trump supporters somehow. They always do, as intended.

I think Trump Supporters are in the minority, when it comes to the number of political protester arrests.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

But they're in the majority when it comes to being triggered by the media.

Trump supporters fall for it day after day, getting outraged over something the media says or does. Have you ever stopped to think that maybe that's their whole intention? To get people pissed off so they wall themselves off from others?

Classic example of divide and conquer, create the problem and offer a solution.

Build a (psychological) wall to keep the foreigners (liberals) out!

Trump is a psyop.
edit on 3/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You live in a fantasy world. "If you don't have anything productive (you know - stuff that will help people) do say anything at all". That is how adults behave.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yes, you know those things now because in the years since the war those things have come out. But those young men who died did so in service of their country. They believed what they had been told by their government. The fact that their leaders were lying to them does nothing to tarnish their honor in giving their lives.

As to the topic of the thread: Burning a flag is not against the law nor should it be. I find it a silly, despicable act but not something that should land someone in the court system. Freedom of expression but--- I put it on a par with those silly "art" pieces made with human wastes. Nor is it something that should cause anyone to harm or be harmed. Violence is never the correct answer if the pyro is burning their own flag in manner that is not prohibited by ordinance. If the pyro is stealing your flag and burning it, by all means, take whatever lawful means you wish to stop the theft and fire.

Edit: Having read the entire thread now---what are you "warriors" going to do if the flag burner is a VietNam vet in a wheelchair? You gonna go rush him and toss him out of his chair and beat the dickens out of him?

edit on 28-3-2017 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Yes, you know those things now because in the years since the war those things have come out. But those young men who died did so in service of their country. They believed what they had been told by their government.

I know they didn't have the internet...but the Kent State University massacre of Vietnam protesters was front page news. Common sense should count for something

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
and, just in - I'm predicting that this will be the motivation to do so..........

Hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that his tweet will trigger full retard from anti-American scum expressing their 1A right to go full retard, let's wait and see shall we....

You're wrong so your hope is rightly placed.

Put your flag out and also something that symbolizes Jesus Christ. We are to love each other the best we know how and we must try to dig deeper in ourselves still to grow more in how to love ourselves and enemies when we feel we're at a dead end. Many Vietnam Vets are believers in the Lord now which is awesome. But we just do it for everyone regardless of their spiritual path. To be respectful. We don't have to agree with what happened, warring, we do it for our brother's pain because he was there. Or his family's pain because they are pained. And some Vietnam Vets will tell you straight up they didn't agree with being there either but still went. We do it for all of them. They had a hard, hard time there. You're lifting them up with love by showing the flag along with your love for them. The flag symbolizes them and us and it's them and us we love. Doing so is saying you care in unison with others in an extremely convenient way that is simple to do from your own home. It's not a parade to attend. It's not a rally to go to. Just unfold your flag, open your window, and hang it out your window over the window sill and close the window to hold it there. Don't let it touch the ground. Not everyone has a pole to hang it on. So that's an easy way to disply it. Draw a picture of one if you don't have a flag. Print one out. Tape it to your window.
edit on 28-3-2017 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Whoa, you've taken a trip into left field now. How does "common sense" enter the picture when the things you are bringing up were only revealed in the years after the war? We had only the networks telling us what was happening. They had the government telling them what was happening. J. Edgar Hoover was still running the country for most of the war but most of us thought it was LBJ or Nixon. All your information is stuff that was revealed in the '80s and forward. Hindsight is always 20-20.

But the reasons for the war are not the topic of this thread so this will be my last off-topic post. Should you wish to discuss it further I'm sure there's a thread somewhere about it.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What if someone burning an American flag isn't doing it in protest of any of those things you just listed (implied)? What if they're burning it in protest of the way our current political system operates? Who gets to choose what a piece of fabric represents?

If they Really Felt that way , then Burning Down a Congressman's or Senator's House would make a much more Productive Protest , No ?

Burning your own flag is not a crime. Burning down someone's house is arson. So, your analogy fails.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

anyone who would burn the symbol of the coutry they live in is probably not a person who has the country`s best interest at heart,let em burn the flags that they bought and paid for just as the KKK will burn the crosses they bought and paid for but neither group will win the American citizenship award or gain the respect of most americans, just because you can do something doesn`t mean you should.

edit on 29-3-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Nobody has ever burned a flag in front of me.

I kind of wish someone would try.

You have the absolute right to burn flag.

If you can get it out of the orifice I shoved it in.

So you don't know that burning the flag is the proper way to dispose of it? Not to mention it is also free speech. But then again we know how Trumpbots act when people exercise their rights.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

in the years after the war?

I'll make it simple

en.wikipedia.org...

Moratorium to End the War in Vietnam From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The Moratorium to End the War in Vietnam was a massive demonstration and teach-in across the United States against the United States involvement in the Vietnam War. It took place on October 15, 1969,[1] followed a month later by a large Moratorium March on Washington

wiki

On May 4, 1970, four Kent State University students were killed and nine injured when members of the Ohio National Guard opened fire during a demonstration protesting the Vietnam War.May 4, 2013

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Calling people snowflakes yet you get triggered over people burning pieces of mass produced Chinese plastic.

Lol

The flag maybe plastic and made in China to you, but it's also a symbol of freedom and something to be proud of to others. Some people love their country some Snowflakes dont....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join