It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow, on US soil, many American flags will be desecrated and burnt.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

and the events leading up to such events are manufactured to have war as the outcome.

en.wikipedia.org...
War Is a Racket

War Is a Racket is the title of two works, a speech and a 1935 short book, by Smedley D. Butler, a retired United States Marine Corps Major General and two-time Medal of Honor recipient. Based on his career military experience, Butler frankly discusses how business interests commercially benefit (including war profiteering) from warfare. He had been appointed commanding officer of the Gendarmerie during the United States occupation of Haiti, which lasted from 1915 to 1934.

Global Warfare: “We’re going to take out 7 countries in 5 years: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan & Iran..”
Interview with General Wesley Clark
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: c2oden

You have no idea, just ideals.

Keep telling yourself that...The Gulf Of Tonkin "false narrative" was very real

You don't understand. It's not about right or wrong.
It's about respect for those who died.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's like "Mike" getting mad over "Joe" deleting his Facebook profile because from "Mike's" point of view Facebook represents his identity because it has all his information on it.

In reality, "Joe" didn't find Facebook that big of a deal and it didn't represent the same thing to him as it did to "Mike", but since "Mike" thinks differently he feels like he has a right to dictate to "Joe" what it should mean.

Basically it's people getting mad over other people's differing opinion with patriotism being the crutch they use to justify their hate.

Hopefully that made some kind of sense, it was the best (and most ridiculous) analogy I could think of.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

The dead can get their nod at the same time history is being examined. If not, then we're revisiting countries pasts & past cultures' histories and wars all wrong to begin with, aren't we?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Yes my friend it is, those that haven't visited that world do not understand.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

War is never declared....Vietnam was supposedly a Police Action...Afghanistan was operation Enduring Freedom.

Ideology is in the eye of the beholder with a heavy sprinkling of George Orwell's NewSpeak

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's like "Mike" getting mad over "Joe" deleting his Facebook profile because from "Mike's" point of view Facebook represents his identity because it has all his information on it.

In reality, "Joe" didn't find Facebook that big of a deal and it didn't represent the same thing to him as it did to "Mike", but since "Mike" thinks differently he feels like he has a right to dictate to "Joe" what it should mean.

Basically it's people getting mad over other people's differing opinion with patriotism being the crutch they use to justify their hate.

Hopefully that made some kind of sense, it was the best (and most ridiculous) analogy I could think of.

I would have simplified the comparison with "Jake" eats Kosher, and "Liam" does not. They square off in a dispute, despite neither really giving a damn about whether someone else's food is Kosher or not

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Everything is not about politics, at times we can pay our respects to the dead. Those men and women were lost in war that is questioned, but it makes their sacrifice no less. Hopefully, there is a lot of time for the rest of us to discuss politics, but we need to remember them.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Yeah, fake outrage basically. Fake outrage based on what they were brainwashed to believe.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

War is never declared....Vietnam was supposedly a Police Action...Afghanistan was operation Enduring Freedom.

Ideology is in the eye of the beholder with a heavy sprinkling of George Orwell's NewSpeak

I am a pretty commonsense kind of guy, pay attention to the world when I have to, other than that working and looking after my elderly mother. Straight up, I don't think we need to be the world police, I am Ex SAC, think at times we need the big birds.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You cannot respect those who died by attributing their actions and whole existence on a piece of cloth.

That same flag sits along side the Fasces....

Why the silence (not referring to you) as to a symbol of Military fascism doing in your parliament right alongside the flag that many died for?

en.wikipedia.org...

"Two fasces appear on either side of the flag of the United States behind the podium in the United States House of Representatives.
The official seal of the United States Senate has as one component a pair of crossed fasces. Fasces ring the base of the Statue of Freedom atop the United States Capitol building.
A frieze on the facade of the United States Supreme Court building depicts the figure of a Roman centurion holding a fasces, to represent "order".[6]
At the Lincoln Memorial, Lincoln's seat of state bears the fasces—without axes—on the fronts of its arms. Fasces also appear on the pylons flanking the main staircase leading into the memorial.
The official seal of the United States Tax Court bears the fasces at its center.
Four fasces flank the two bronze plaques on either side of the bust of Lincoln memorializing his Gettysburg Address at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

Thread about the Fasces:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Yeah, fake outrage basically. Fake outrage based on what they were brainwashed to believe.

More or less. My husband's a Gulf War vet and calls it cult programming. He's not exactly off-base, the degree of military worship (or else!) and anything associated with it (such as the flag) seems to be on a sharp rise the past few years, on top of riding the post 9-11 wave of it.

Step back and wonder what is encouraging that. And more importantly, why.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
So much for the tolerant right ...Always sticking up for racists and neo Nazis

but here they are threatening to physically assault people they don't agree with.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I have actually gone back and read portions of this thread. There are many here that lack any testicular fortitude what so ever. You boys need to grow up, and grow some balls.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

You seem like a nice person...I just don't appreciate how some see a "burning of the flag" as some sort of disrespect for the war fallen. I can understand how that connection is made when they are given a flag on a coffin in a military funeral.

The illusion and symbolism is instilled from a young age. You are not exposed to the real reasons for war at a young age...so the disconnect from reality is usually complete by the time someone signs up to the military...its all about kicking some terrorists arse, or getting a free degree or a decent rate of pay as there are no jobs.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Sorry Nyiah, you were not included in that comment.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Burning the flag is the most non-PC thing possible yet the ones who hate being PC are extremely PC about this "issue". Very ironic, if not sad.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You seem like a nice person...I just don't appreciate how some see a "burning of the flag" as some sort of disrespect for the war fallen. I can understand how that connection is made when they are given a flag on a coffin in a military funeral.

The illusion and symbolism is instilled from a young age. You are not exposed to the real reasons for war at a young age...so the disconnect from reality is usually complete by the time someone signs up to the military...its all about kicking some terrorists arse, or getting a free degree or a decent rate of pay as there are no jobs.

You and I have apparently miscomunicated at some point. Freedom to burn the flag is guaranteed by our 1st amendment, I have no issue with that, however I will stand with my fellow veterans to prevent it.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Fascism is alive and well in the USA...see the link to the ATS thread above

"Thread about the Fasces:"
www.abovetopsecret.com..."

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Burning the flag is the most non-PC thing possible yet the ones who hate being PC are extremely PC about this "issue". Very ironic, if not sad.

Being told what to or not to do with one's own non-sentient, non-harmful possession under threat of physical harm is about as unAmerican as it gets. All shrieks made regarding the fringe left are effectively moot points when that's a "resolution" to someone destroying their own stuff.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join