It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow, on US soil, many American flags will be desecrated and burnt.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Three words: Gulf of Tonkin.

The Vietnam War was predicated on a lie just like pretty much every other war in history. "The first casualty of war is truth."

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Anger towards a Person Burning a Nations Flag was Not the Subject here , the Reasoning for doing it IS.....Stay On Topic Please .

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Burn the Flag ....
Is the World Automatically going to Change because of it ? Hell No .

If it didn't matter then why does the US use the flag when invading other countries...why dont they use a Blackwater flag?

Ah thats right...Blackwater are extra judicial (contractors) killers

www.law360.com...

Blackwater Guards Tell DC Circ. Extrajudicial Law Improper By Bryan Koenig Law360, Washington (June 6, 2016, 1:04 PM EDT) -- Former Blackwater guards facing decades in prison from a 2007 shooting in Iraq told the D.C. Circuit on Friday they cannot be prosecuted under a law imposing extrajudicial authority over those working for the military because they were actually working for the U.S. Department of State. Dustin Heard, Evan Liberty and Paul Slough blasted government arguments that the Military Extrajudicial Jurisdiction Act applies to them simply because they were broadly part of U.S. reconstruction efforts in Iraq, instead contending that expanding the law beyond direct U.S. Department of Defense work potentially drags in “every federal contractor in Iraq.”

edit on 28-3-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

What reason are you talking about? There are a plethora of reasons that someone would burn a flag and they are not limited to your very narrow definition of that supposed reason.

Burning a flag is just as pointless as getting angry over it happening. Nothing is accomplished at either end.
edit on 3/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

No snowflake princess going to be pulling that crap in my neighborhood... Not on my watch.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The Vietnam War was predicated on a lie just like pretty much every other war in history. "The first casualty of war is truth."

WW2 started for some pretty solid reasons. Not sure where you're coming from.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

as an american one of our rights is to question our government, we don't have to be blindly patriotic. if our country is going in a direction i do not agree with i am going to voice my opinion. blind patriotism is un-american.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You have no idea, just ideals.
edit on 2017-03-28T21:36:30-05:002201728America/Chicago3 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Burn the Flag ....
Is the World Automatically going to Change because of it ? Hell No .

If it didn't matter then why does the US use the flag when invading other countries...why dont they use a Blackwater flag?

Ah thats right...Blackwater are extra judicial (contractors) killers

www.law360.com...

Blackwater Guards Tell DC Circ. Extrajudicial Law Improper By Bryan Koenig Law360, Washington (June 6, 2016, 1:04 PM EDT) -- Former Blackwater guards facing decades in prison from a 2007 shooting in Iraq told the D.C. Circuit on Friday they cannot be prosecuted under a law imposing extrajudicial authority over those working for the military because they were actually working for the U.S. Department of State. Dustin Heard, Evan Liberty and Paul Slough blasted government arguments that the Military Extrajudicial Jurisdiction Act applies to them simply because they were broadly part of U.S. reconstruction efforts in Iraq, instead contending that expanding the law beyond direct U.S. Department of Defense work potentially drags in “every federal contractor in Iraq.”

You are approaching a whole knew topic, not a Cheney or Halliburton fan.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: marg6043

as an american one of our rights is to question our government, we don't have to be blindly patriotic. if our country is going in a direction i do not agree with i am going to voice my opinion. blind patriotism is un-american.

It is, and I am seeing a boatload of it, and loyalty to our fearless leader.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I'm under the impression that any major conflict or war is planned years or even decades beforehand and the events leading up to such events are manufactured to have war as the outcome.

The ones who sign the declaration of war are hardly ever the ones who fight in it, they get the pleebs to fight it for them while they make a killing (pun intended) off of the deaths of soldiers and civilians alike. War is a business and business has been booming for all of recorded history. There has never been a war where there wasn't a benefactor.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

" Burning a flag is just as pointless as getting angry over it happening. Nothing is accomplished at either end."

So you Agree , Burning a Flag is a Pointless Action Resulting in Nothing ? Why get Angry Over Nothing ? .Hmm...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

First, I've never burnt a US flag, nor any other flag. I've flown flags outside of my house at times. When they became dilapidated, I'd bring them to my local fire station so that they could burn it for me. Most fire stations in the US will perform this duty for residents. Burning the flag is the preferred means of disposal. I'm sure the super-patriotic type would know this.

Now I know when a protester is burning the flag, it is not done as a respectful means of disposal. It is not the act, but the intent that is really the part that people should harp upon. Although I disagree with the act and the intent, I support others right to think, feel, and act that way.

Did you support the radical preacher in Florida who proposed burning a Koran? Did you oppose Obama when he called on the preacher to rethink his plan? If you did, you are a hipocrite. Anyone one who thinks the proper response to burning a flag is to physically assault the person doing the burning has the identical mindset of a jihadi, you're just fighting to protect different symbols. IMO mature adults can disagree with others acts but, as long as they are legal, one should not resort to violence nor the threat of violence just because you disagree.

I also wonder how people in support of this position would feel toward the Viet Nam Vets who burned flags after their return to this country. The Viet Nam war was a f#3ing debacle. It was not the fighting man's fault that it was so, yet it was their blood that was spilled and their minds that were twisted. I feel the same for the endless wars we are currently engaged in. I support the right of any Veteran to burn the flag, or any other citizen, to protest these ridiculous wars.

I also support the hipocrites' right to be misguided if they chose to, as long as they don't violate the law. What makes this country great is the rule of law. The rule of law should apply equally to those who agree and disagree with any given sentiment. It is every citizen's constitutional right to burn the flag if they so chose, as long as they don't violate any other law while doing so.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Exactly, why get angry over nothing (someone burning a flag)? You seem to take offense to the action when in reality you are offended over nothing.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

But according to some posters on this thread...wait for it...they have relatives and friends who died during military action so they can have the freedom to protest....that includes the freedom according to SCOTUS that burning the US flag is a First Amendment Right.

Are you a citizen of the US living under a different US Constitution?

Your neighbourhood falls under the same borders...Wheres your watchtower located?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

No snowflake princess going to be pulling that crap in my neighborhood... Not on my watch.

Who are you, exactly, to dictate what someone does with their own bought & paid for property? If I buy American flag toilet paper for 4th of July, do I need to ask you for permission to wipe my ass first? Before I flush?

It is just an object. Let people do as they please with THEIR object. You do not own it, it is not your property. How is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

You have no idea, just ideals.

Keep telling yourself that...The Gulf Of Tonkin "false narrative" was very real

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Not really...when a lot of posters here decry anyone saying the war was about corporate profits and not a war for Freedom from Communism or Middle Eastern Twin Tower bombers or WMDs.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

First, I've never burnt a US flag, nor any other flag. I've flown flags outside of my house at times. When they became dilapidated, I'd bring them to my local fire station so that they could burn it for me. Most fire stations in the US will perform this duty for residents. Burning the flag is the preferred means of disposal. I'm sure the super-patriotic type would know this.

Now I know when a protester is burning the flag, it is not done as a respectful means of disposal. It is not the act, but the intent that is really the part that people should harp upon. Although I disagree with the act and the intent, I support others right to think, feel, and act that way.

Did you support the radical preacher in Florida who proposed burning a Koran? Did you oppose Obama when he called on the preacher to rethink his plan? If you did, you are a hipocrite. Anyone one who thinks the proper response to burning a flag is to physically assault the person doing the burning has the identical mindset of a jihadi, you're just fighting to protect different symbols. IMO mature adults can disagree with others acts but, as long as they are legal, one should not resort to violence nor the threat of violence just because you disagree.

I also wonder how people in support of this position would feel toward the Viet Nam Vets who burned flags after their return to this country. The Viet Nam war was a f#3ing debacle. It was not the fighting man's fault that it was so, yet it was their blood that was spilled and their minds that were twisted. I feel the same for the endless wars we are currently engaged in. I support the right of any Veteran to burn the flag, or any other citizen, to protest these ridiculous wars.

I also support the hipocrites' right to be misguided if they chose to, as long as they don't violate the law. What makes this country great is the rule of law. The rule of law should apply equally to those who agree and disagree with any given sentiment. It is every citizen's constitutional right to burn the flag if they so chose, as long as they don't violate any other law while doing so.

As a vet and human being well said ^^

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Not really...when a lot of posters here decry anyone saying the war was about corporate profits and not a war for Freedom from Communism or Middle Eastern Twin Tower bombers or WMDs.

While I am a vet, I do not agree with the current wars, Iraq was a debacle still is. You cannot declare war on an ideology.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join