It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow, on US soil, many American flags will be desecrated and burnt.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm speaking about those who fought and died specifically. Although stopping the spread of communism turned out to be a noble cause.

All right we wont speak of conscription...anything else out of bounds that we shouldn't discuss....in homage to George Orwell?

Nothing is out of bounds. What should we say of conscription?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Come now...you have made some great threads about "words" "projection" "symbols" deriding how people get upset in their own minds about such intangibles....and now you're playing with us calling it superstitious....

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Disrespectful to whom? It all depends on what the flag was burned for, doesn't it? If someone burns a flag in protest of how our current government operates then it's only disrespectful to the crooks running the show. Is it a bad thing to protest corruption?

Also, burning a flag is just as pointless as getting angry over a flag being burned.
edit on 3/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

" It cited tools and treatments used by the DOD which had "no clear scientific evidence base" and said more needed to be done to evaluate their effectiveness. "

Seems the Gobermint has not Learned Anything about Helping War Veterans since Vietnam . WAR Is Hell , then they Come Home . End Of Story.....

Again I ask, are you a vet, do you rely on them for your medical care. If you don't, then you are basically talking out of your ass. I am a vet and rely on them for care, they have treated me professionally and efficiently for the last 8 years. Your opinion counts for crap, you didn't have the balls to serve.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

What should we say of conscription?

? Something that is used when there is no clear and present danger?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Dont think there will even be one incident of flag burning. Your making a conclusion based off your prejudice. Everything will be fine just like every other year.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

but also to the Men who Died in it Serving their Country

They died serving LBJ and arms manufacturers

Not a single soldier died serving LBJ and arms manufacturers.
They died serving their country.
Go say what you posted face to face to a son, daughter, husband or wife of a soldier who died in that war.

I have a feeling you wouldn't do it.
I know damn well you would not say it to my face without a fight.
edit on 2017-03-28T21:24:53-05:002201728America/Chicago3 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I think a good word to describe this thread is "profiling". Assuming things about other people because of their political affiliation is a classic example of that word.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Come now...you have made some great threads about "words" "projection" "symbols" deriding how people get upset in their own minds about such intangibles....and now you're playing with us calling it superstitious....

Yes burning something in effigy is superstitious. Why else would they burn it?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

What should we say of conscription?

? Something that is used when there is no clear and present danger?

Waiting for a point.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Getting angry over a flag being burned is just as superstitious though, if not moreso.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Disrespectful to whom? It all depends on what the flag was burned for, doesn't it? If someone burns a flag in protest of how our current government operates then it's only disrespectful to the crooks running the show. Is it a bad thing to protest corruption?

Also, burning a flag is just as pointless as getting angry over a flag being burned.

Would you burn a Quran?

link   

originally posted by: c2oden

but also to the Men who Died in it Serving their Country

They died serving LBJ and arms manufacturers

Not a single soldier died serving LBJ and arms manufacturers.
They died serving their country.
Go say what you posted face to face to a son, daughter, father or mother of a soldier who died in that war.

I have a feeling you wouldn't do it.
I know damn well you would not say it to my face without a fight.

I would stand with you, I was late to VN, but served with some folks that had been there.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I wouldn't burn an American flag any sooner than I would a Quran, not because I'm afraid to but because I have no reason to and find it just as pointless as getting angry over someone else doing it.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I have a Simple Question for you . What Exactly does Burning Any Nations Flag Accomplish other than a Vain Self-righteous Act perpatrated for the Sole Purpose of getting Attention ? What then ? Ok , you Burn the Flag , Now What ? What do you Expect to Happen ? People Calling you a " Cool Dude " ? Doing it to Impress a Girl , or just Pissing your Dad and other People Off ? Is the World Automatically going to Change because of it ? Hell No .

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

What does getting angry over it happening change or accomplish in the end? Nothing other than being a way to grandstand and feel self-righteous.
edit on 3/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I wouldn't burn an American flag any sooner than I would a Quran, not because I'm afraid to but because I have no reason to and find it just as pointless as getting angry over someone else doing it.

I am honestly gonna stand with you on this one, not a real protesting kind of guy.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Not a single soldier died serving LBJ and arms manufacturers. They died serving their country.

You obviously have never heard the common meme that the only reason that Vietnam was not successful was that the US never declared war.

So arms manufacturer's have never profited excessively out of wars? Without profit...there is no war...especially wars/incursions justified on such excuses like WMD's

www.thenation.com...

From spending $150 million on private villas for a handful of personnel in Afghanistan to blowing $2.7 billion on an air surveillance balloon that doesn’t work, the latest revelations of waste at the Pentagon are just the most recent howlers in a long line of similar stories stretching back at least five decades. Other hot-off-the-presses examples would include the Army’s purchase of helicopter gears worth $500 each for $8,000 each and the accumulation of billions of dollars’ worth of weapons components that will never be used. And then there’s the one that would have to be everyone’s favorite Pentagon waste story: the spending of $50,000 to investigate the bomb-detecting capabilities of African elephants. (And here’s a shock: They didn’t turn out to be that great!) The elephant research, of course, represents chump change in the Pentagon’s wastage sweepstakes and in the context of its $600-billion-plus budget, but think of it as indicative of the absurd lengths the Department of Defense will go to when what’s at stake is throwing away taxpayer dollars.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Dying for their country?

I can somewhat understand soldiers going over the ME and fighting for your freedoms via, oil, and trying to diminish terrorist cells.
But Vietnam, really?
It was the most useless war in modern history, it had no end game, and it had no reason to even begin. All it did was establish the US military industrial complex.

If anything, don't fly the flag for the country, fly the flag for the people who were blindly walked into a death trap for the country they trusted. So yea, I guess flag burning is in some peoples minds if you really think about it.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I have a Simple Question for you . What Exactly does Burning Any Nations Flag Accomplish other than a Vain Self-righteous Act perpatrated for the Sole Purpose of getting Attention ? What then ? Ok , you Burn the Flag , Now What ? What do you Expect to Happen ? People Calling you a " Cool Dude " ? Doing it to Impress a Girl , or just Pissing your Dad and other People Off ? Is the World Automatically going to Change because of it ? Hell No .

I have asked you two simple questions, and you refuse to answer. Which tells me that you are not a vet, have no room to talk about the VA, and are some puffed up keyboard warrior. Your opinion does not count.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join