It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow, on US soil, many American flags will be desecrated and burnt.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I can know those things without bowing down to a piece of fabric.

Burning a piece of fabric is just as symbolic as refusing to.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What if someone burning an American flag isn't doing it in protest of any of those things you just listed (implied)? What if they're burning it in protest of the way our current political system operates? Who gets to choose what a piece of fabric represents?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

And just as harmless as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Hey I love most Americans, had a great time holidaying there....It just saddens me that a country so great cant learn from its mistakes, or the way that Veterans are forced to beg in the streets.

That Statement Confirms you Know Nothing about America . Sounds like you have Read to much Fictional Material about what the rest of the World Thinks of it .

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The Vietnam War was such popular and "noble cause" that the Government needed conscription!

Was the Vietnam war about stopping communism spreading to the USA forcing a sort of dictatorship where no one could burn a flag? I think your stretching...
edit on 28-3-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

And just as harmless as well.

Burning a flag in protest is meant to provoke, iswasteful, and bad for the environment. Refusing to isn't.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

What if someone burning an American flag isn't doing it in protest of any of those things you just listed (implied)? What if they're burning it in protest of the way our current political system operates? Who gets to choose what a piece of fabric represents?

If they Really Felt that way , then Burning Down a Congressman's or Senator's House would make a much more Productive Protest , No ?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Provoke whom? Who decides who is being provoked other than the one doing the provoking?

Also, being wasteful and environmentally unfriendly are some of the most American things one can be seeing as we waste so much and care so little for the environment as long as profit is part of the equation.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Hey I love most Americans, had a great time holidaying there....It just saddens me that a country so great cant learn from its mistakes, or the way that Veterans are forced to beg in the streets.

We haven't always treated veterans right, but it has improved. We still have the guys in the streets holding the help a vet sign, many of them are frauds. At least in my city, they have some pretty progressive plans to get vets off of the streets, and get them help.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

If You Say So It Must Be True

www.theguardian.com...

Almost half of the 2.2 million troops deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan report difficulties on their return home, but many receive inadequate care from the US Department of Defense and Veterans Affairs, according to a new study published on Tuesday. The Institute of Medicine report, requested by Congress and funded by the Pentagon, expressed "serious misgivings" about methods used to treat the "significant numbers" of returning veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression and substance use disorder. It cited tools and treatments used by the DOD which had "no clear scientific evidence base" and said more needed to be done to evaluate their effectiveness.

link   

No, because burning down someones house is dangerous and potentially harmful, burning a flag is neither of those things.

link   

The Vietnam War was such popular and "noble cause" that the Government needed conscription!

Was the Vietnam war about stopping communism spreading to the USA forcing a sort of dictatorship where no one could burn a flag? I think your stretching...

I'm speaking about those who fought and died specifically. Although stopping the spread of communism turned out to be a noble cause.

link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Tsubaki
a reply to: Sublimecraft

What? I don't follow your logic, can you expand?

Sure, just has occurred post Nov 8th and again post Jan 20th, US flags will be burned by antifa tards as a protest against Trumpitler (Trump is Hitler), his tweet will be the motivation to show disrespect to anything Trump requests as a means of solidarity because these tards don't want to unite, Soro's is paying them to divide - no divide, no $ (and no free wifi and cheeseburgers either).

Use your grown-up words please.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I also suppose this didn't happen to the soldiers either

www.theage.com.au...

Judge rules US troops were 'guinea pigs' for anthrax jabs
By Esther Schrader
Washington
December 24, 2003

The Pentagon has suspended compulsory vaccination of US troops against anthrax after a federal court judge ordered the military to stop treating its personnel like "guinea pigs". US District Judge Emmet Sullivan ruled that the mandatory inoculations, administered to more than 900,000 troops, violated a law passed in 1998 prohibiting the use of experimental drugs on troops. A spokesman for the Justice Department, which represented the military in the case, said the Pentagon would instruct medical personnel at US military facilities around the world to temporarily halt the vaccinations while it reviews the ruling.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Provoke whom? Who decides who is being provoked other than the one doing the provoking?

Also, being wasteful and environmentally unfriendly are some of the most American things one can be seeing as we waste so much and care so little for the environment as long as profit is part of the equation.

Doesn't matter. The point is, burning a flag is more symbolic and more harmful than not. Dare I say it is superstitious.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Burning the flag is protected by the 1st according to the SCOTUS.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I'm speaking about those who fought and died specifically. Although stopping the spread of communism turned out to be a noble cause.

All right we wont speak of conscription...anything else out of bounds that we shouldn't discuss....in homage to George Orwell?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Superstition is believing that burning a piece of fabric is harmful to anything other than that piece of fabric.

What if the fabric looked the same but was red, white and purple? They're still both pieces of fabric, what makes burning one anymore dangerous than burning the other?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

" It cited tools and treatments used by the DOD which had "no clear scientific evidence base" and said more needed to be done to evaluate their effectiveness. "

Seems the Gobermint has not Learned Anything about Helping War Veterans since Vietnam . WAR Is Hell , then they Come Home . End Of Story.....

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Superstition is believing that burning a piece of fabric is harmful to anything other than that piece of fabric.

What if the fabric looked the same but was red, white and purple? They're still both pieces of fabric, what makes burning one anymore dangerous than burning the other?

I wouldn't say it is dangerous, but it is disrespectful, not to mention pointless.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join