It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow, on US soil, many American flags will be desecrated and burnt.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Huh, this is a holiday? Don't we have this kind of stuff covered already with Memorial Day & Veterans Day?

Either way, nobody's going to notice. Both the holiday lost in a sea of them, or the faux outrage the OP's so bent on seeing.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Here is my thought, we already have veterans day, and all vets are treated very well. I have participated for several years. Whose idea was the Vietnam Only Veterans day?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

My uncle was drafted, he didn't spoke any English and he was very young, on top of that he had mental disabilities that were not taken into consideration during selection he never made it to the war, he died under circumstances that up to this days were never clear during training.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

America , LOVE It Or LEAVE It ............

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

My uncle was drafted, he didn't spoke any English and he was very young, on top of that he had mental disabilities that were not taken into consideration during selection he never made it to the war, he died under circumstances that up to this days were never clear during training.

Again I am sorry for your loss....it begs the question "mental disabilities" are ok as long as you keep the war machine going....how many are fighting to get any sort of social security for depression or other disabilities currently...!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What if the flags were made in China? Could I burn it if it was under the pretense of protesting products being made outside of the USA and keeping jobs in America?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

So much for freedom. Guess what is a false promise in ol' Murica with that sentiment of yours?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Sublimecraft

his tweet will trigger full retard from anti-American scum expressing their 1A right to go full retard

Why bring it to their attention? Maybe Trump should have also made it mandatory that on the day people learn about the Gulf Of Tonkin incident...a little history for context wouldn't hurt.

Why in the name of all , did you bring this up ? This is not about the war itself. it is about the VETERANS of that war.
In respect to my friends that didnt make it back , fall silent....

edit on 3/28/17 by Gothmog because: my devil wasnt strong enough

link   
One of the beautiful things about the Veterans Day celebrations, is that you have vets from all generations sit down and share a meal, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, First Gulf War, and our current Debacles in Afghanistan and Iraq. They even include those of us that served in between. We are all vets, we have signed that line, and that one thing makes all of us have something in common.

link   

That is a Myth . JFK was Stuck with Vietnam , he would have been Forced to Escalate Sooner or Later if he was not Killed .

link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Hey I love most Americans, had a great time holidaying there....It just saddens me that a country so great cant learn from its mistakes, or the way that Veterans are forced to beg in the streets.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Have you signed your name on the line and served your country. If not, you do not have the ability to make that statement, because you obviously don't love your country, and haven't left.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What if the flags were made in China? Could I burn it if it was under the pretense of protesting products being made outside of the USA and keeping jobs in America?

Burn whatever flags you want. But do so knowing who fought and died for your right to do so.

link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

If you say so...I suppose thats its also a myth that Halliburton make billions from Iraq and that Cheney was CEO? Meanwhile still looking for those WMDs

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I can know those things without bowing down to a piece of fabric.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Sublimecraft

his tweet will trigger full retard from anti-American scum expressing their 1A right to go full retard

Why bring it to their attention? Maybe Trump should have also made it mandatory that on the day people learn about the Gulf Of Tonkin incident...a little history for context wouldn't hurt.

Why in the name of all , did you bring this up ? This is not about the war itself. it is about the VETERANS of that war.
In respect to my friends that didnt make it back , fall silent....

I will stand with you in respect for your friends that did not return, may they rest in peace.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

War is never a good thing, I always feel that only when ones country become under attack the government have the right to protect the borders, sending people around the world to fight other countries war never accomplishes anything.

My father fought in Korea and he also lost a brother in that war, this what happen when you have a family that had 16 children from different mothers, back in the days it was common even when in todays society we do have some big families too.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It''s Simple , your Constitutional Rights are Given to you as a U.S. Citizen . If you Renounce the United States and All that it Stands for , then you are Also Renouncing those Rights .

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Burn whatever flags you want. But do so knowing who fought and died for your right to do so.

Those that don't study history are bound to repeat it. I am trying to learn.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

It''s Simple , your Constitutional Rights are Given to you as a U.S. Citizen . If you Renounce the United States and All that it Stands for , then you are Also Renouncing those Rights .

I see you're all about devout ritual.

Context matters. Nobody's burning a flag while boisterously renouncing citizenship. Ergo, not a ritual of citizenship rejection.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join