It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow, on US soil, many American flags will be desecrated and burnt.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Freedoms aren't necessary. In fact when one group partakes of a freedom it very often infringes upon the rights and happiness of another group.

Freedom of religion is a good example.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

but also to the Men who Died in it Serving their Country

They died serving LBJ and arms manufacturers

Not a single soldier died serving LBJ and arms manufacturers.
They died serving their country.
Go say what you posted face to face to a son, daughter, husband or wife of a soldier who died in that war.

I have a feeling you wouldn't do it.
I know damn well you would not say it to my face without a fight.

Ok, c2oden, here goes:

While they may have engaged in the Vietnam conflict under the premise of "service to one's country", the actual outcome was that they died in service to LBJ and the arms manufacturers of the military industrial complex of the United States of America. Even worse, the precursor cited as our entrance into said conflict (the Gulf of Tonkin incident) never even happened. The lives lost, while nobly given in the name of service to their country, nonetheless were given to assist the powers that be of that time frame.

The above is not meant to be a sleight to anyone who served or lost a loved one, nor is it in any way, shape, or form meant to be disrespectful. It is simply an assessment of the events as they occurred.

Now, do you really want a physical altercation with me over that?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: Sublimecraft

No snowflake princess going to be pulling that crap in my neighborhood... Not on my watch.

Then you are choosing to stand on the side of tyranny and against the founding documents of this country.

Please go re-read the beginning of the Declaration of Independence. Burning a flag is a symbolic act that shows one's displeasure with the current group of elected officials and the way with which they are conducting government.

The fact that you feel you have to resort to calling someone a "snowflake princess" because they may choose to communicate their message in a manner that does not sit well with you shows a terrifying blind allegiance to an arbitrary land mass, arbitrary borders, and a system of government that continues to benefit the few with or without your consent.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

First, the President cannot make laws. Second, the Supreme Court has already ruled such laws unconstitutional. Third, Fuggles are a British hop. So much for American pride. Fourth, I really can't tell if you're actually trolling in all your posts.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Thejaybird

Just popping my head into this thread again....can anyone tell me if there was mass flag burning,

thanks

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

All you do is call people names. Why would free thinking people want to unite with morons such as yourself? You provide no logic or substance in your posts. Soro's isn't paying anyone. SMH. The mental illness you exude is worrisome.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So how did your flag burning ceremony go? Did you use environmentally friendly cotton based flags, or did you go raw dog bare knuckle by burning poly based fiber flags?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Not on my land or in my presence they will not!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Why yes, yes it is. All too many don't seem to realize that.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join