It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow, on US soil, many American flags will be desecrated and burnt.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Your hope was confirmed, you were were wrong.

All of the "anti-American scum" got up and went to their jobs at the Capitol and the White House just as usual.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I have had bone spurs before. in my mouth after the dentist screwed up. those were painful. People who get them in the feet are really unlucky. Alot of walking will inflame them. And i bet trump used a golf cart to get around between holes correct? Golf is low stress. marching in boots is not.(4 yrs ROTC and the summer camp where you march alot)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

This looks like fake outrage to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Looks like someone's prediction was not only wrong but so wrong that people not only didn't burn their flags they didn't pay attention of Vietnam veterans day either. LOL
edit on 3302017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Nope. The guy across the street sat on his porch and burned a doobie but he does that every day.
Oh and he's a veteran but not Vietnam . He was in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

How did that work out.
Those anti American scum burn flags in your neighborhood????

Maybe you were just having an off day.
I'm sure us anti American scum trump haters will eventually do something to justify your outrage.
edit on 3302017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I remember when we had decent threads on ATS not this #.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It didn't work out very well, at least not for his prediction, but as for his flag and star count? It worked out pretty well and I'm sure he's satisfied and proud of the thread because of that.

I used to enjoy his contributions but now it's become clear to me that he's just a S&F whore.
edit on 3/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
It comes down to opinion and perception. In your OP its disrespectful. in mine its not. Thats it. Next.

No, it's not my "opinion".

Again, it's called the United States Flag Code (which became Public Law in 1942).

If you think the flag is merely a glorified yard-gnome, that "must have" item to accessorize your property, then so be it. Just don't confuse landscaping, or "accessorizing" with "patriotism".

As for "perception"... yes. Those who've served, all the way down to scouts in grade school, see it for what it is... you lack the care, and/or knowledge to treat the flag in a manner aligning with the laws and regulations enacted to guide such displays respectfully. If it's a lack of caring, then you have that right. We still have freedom of expression, and you can disrespect the flag however you want to. If it's a lack of knowledge, then we're here on ATS to "deny ignorance".

Now, if you like hypocrisy with a HEAPING dose of irony...

Source

The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free.

"The flag should never be used as wearing apparel"... now picture the crowd at any campaign rally from either of the two major political parties...

Windbreakers, hats, ties, pants, shirts, skirts, dresses, shorts, socks, shoes... all can be spotted.
edit on 3/30/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Looks like someone's prediction was not only wrong but so wrong that people not only didn't burn their flags they didn't pay attention of Vietnam veterans day either. LOL

On page TWO, I said:

originally posted by: Nyiah
Huh, this is a holiday? Don't we have this kind of stuff covered already with Memorial Day & Veterans Day?

Either way, nobody's going to notice. Both the holiday lost in a sea of them, or the faux outrage the OP's so bent on seeing.

Well holy smokes, I was right! Nobody noticed it was a "holiday". Big, FAT fail on the OP's prediction part there.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Just because some judge decided that you CAN burn the flag does not mean that you can do so in my presence. In fact, I highly discourage it, because in all likely-hood we are both going to come away with injuries.

To those who say that the flag is nothing but a piece of cloth, it is obvious you have never seen one of your own family members (BY THE WAY the term 'family members' in this case has nothing to do with blood relationships) laying dead under the flag. It isn't the piece of cloth that matters, it is what that piece of cloth represents - which includes ALL of the freedoms you enjoy everyday.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CT_Flyboy

Spoken like a true patriotic zombie.

There's a reason children are forced to stand up every morning and pledge allegiance to something they don't yet understand, it's to promote this sort of attitude later in life, blind and violent allegiance.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Thanks OP...

Trump could just Tweet

We are drawn here together in the sight of God to pay our last respects to this symbol of our great nation, "America", the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Thus turning all these disrespectful flag burnings into one giant flag retirement ceremony.

The US Flag Code reads; "The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning."

Being in the grubby hands of some un-American antifa POS constitutes no longer fit for display in my mind...
edit on 30-3-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I guarantee if anyone burns a American flag I'm going to punch them all those that died in Vietnam did not go through basic so that the commies could burn our flag. Donald Trump should make it a law.

Seriously people!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

This was supposed to happen yesterday and it didn't so you suspect wrong.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Odd that you would insult, and even threaten to assault the very people you claim to be defending.

Many Vietnam vets burned flags in protest upon their returning home.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

but also to the Men who Died in it Serving their Country

You mean died serving to guarantee evil brought to you by no less than 9 Masonic signers of the Bill of Rights.

May I present to you legislative incompetence and freedom of religion.

And this is why since in China, religions need federal approval before startup, that the Chinese flag should fly at every US military installation in honor of sanity.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
No, wait in honor of the Bible, since the Crown had every right to tax heathens in the US before the Boston Tea Party and American revolution and the heathens who started the rebellion were under Biblical requirements to pay those taxes and honor the British. Since the Bible says that God established those authorities like the British crown, then the US military should be flying British flags since the US claims under God in its pledge of allegiance.

Returning this land to its rightful Biblical owners, the Crown of England, which authority was established by God is the only sane thing to do while maintaining, "Under God", in the pledge of Allegiance.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If you aren't getting off of work, why bother right?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CT_Flyboy

And you have missed the entire point of the flag by turning it into a symbol of pride to be worshiped instead of a symbol that represents the freedoms America stands for. I say this as a veteran who has stood there in front of a casket with a flag draped on it too.
edit on 30-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join