It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Out of body experience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Malraux

I can see the advice given is nothing more than first year college course in psychology 101.

Anytime you have a "spiritual" issue and you seek out an answer from people who first do NOT believe you are spirit will keep you confused and on medication for the rest of your life and/or expensive counseling.

spiritual questions and issues require spiritual answers NOT physical.

I do not open the bible when I am repairing someone's broken bone or finger ..... etc..I get x-rays, reset the bone, cast etc...

Again the FULL STOP in mental health ....... which refuses to believe man is made up into THREE parts:

1. Body and all of its organs.
2. The brain (mind).
3. Spirit.... Man is more than a piece of flesh and bone but eternal. It is here where medicine can no longer advance due to its non belief in spiritual matters. DEPRESSION being number one!

Your brother does not like to astro project...... good! Prayer can and will stop this involuntary astro projection.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malraux
Those who this has happened to- is it a one time thing or patterned?

That depends on the person. If it was not intentional, then it will likely be a rare occurrence where it's possible that he may never have one again. That said, he now knows the signs to look for so if it's something he puts effort into, then he might grow more proficient.

originally posted by: Malraux
How can I reassure him that things will be okay?

First: He's still here (not dead like he'd worried about).

Second: The other part of his experience that you can use to reassure him is that, much like others who've had such experiences, the moment one thinks about their physical body (in this case when he saw himself on the couch) they snap back in. It's kind of a "catch 22" for many beginers. One of the keys to staying "out" for a bit is to not think about your physical body, but the moment you tell someone not to think about something... you know the drill.

Instead, just let him know that he's in control, and that all he needs to do (in order to return) is to think about his physical body and he'll snap right back in the same way he's done once already.
edit on 3/29/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I don't think his knee injury has anything to do with it. Just because you said he was out of breath and panicking, to be sure it isn't medical I would have him checked out.
OBE can be fun, if it's something you voluntarily do, if it just happens unprepared it's not fun at all.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Again, I appreciate all the advice. He just went to school and had a good night. No paralysis, no flying around. We even laughed a little about it last night!

Reading through here, there was one comment that stuck out at me...why do people stop at the ceiling. I read a little more about stuff last night and it seemed that was very common. Maybe a recognized barrier like viewing the body? Also, the vibrations; I know we are all vibrating and some suspect different vibrational levels allow more and less awareness but is that something one can work on or are we always at that level?

As an experienced of some very odd events, this has all been fascinating to me. I've tried to not color his experience with expectations or shades of my own.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's interesting how so many Near-Death-Experience recollections have the person's ascent being stopped by the ceiling. Since there is no physical body present...just spirit...the person shouldn't be stopped by a physical structure, such as a ceiling.

Oddly enough that was one of the things I had to learn while obe'ing. Naturally all of your instincts tell you that this is a solid wall and your mind/ghost/soul/whatever reacts to it as if it were still a solid wall and physically impassable. Took me some time until I was able to get rid of my physical block and travel through objects, I assume for some in nde it is much the same

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

Been snapped back to my body through a ceiling before; however, as to passing through intentionally, I naturally gravitated towards passing through windows over walls/ceilings.

Personally, I didn't even know my first experience was an "OBE" until a friend asked me out of the blue if I had ever had any dreams of "flying around the city" because he was having them quite frequently. I started to describe a recent (at the time) dream I had where I visited his house. Mid-explanation he said "stop", then proceeded to perfectly describe the rest of my actions before I could finish the story. He even described a portion that I had forgotten. It was only then that I realized that it wasn't "just a vivid dream".
edit on 3/29/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Yeah that makes sense, for me an obe can definitely come about during/after sleep. I would usually wake in the night with strong vibrations and the buzzing/sweeping noise, knowing that somehow I had ticked all of the boxes necessary for an obe

I've also noticed it can happen while you are less conscious in a deeper dream state without the buzzing/sweeping (so it sort of just happens without any input), but I find this one is an autonomous obe and is more like a dream in a way. It's like you haven't got complete lucidity in the moment, and instead you remember it the next morning and can piece it together like you would a dream.

Both are the same end result, just different ways of getting there really I suppose!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Hi, there!

Can you PM me please?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

edit on 29-3-2017 by csimon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

The reason people don't immediately pass through the ceiling is because their consciousness believes that it is solid. When you get experienced it is actually pretty easy to pass through ceilings, or walls, or the ground, you just have to find the spot in your mind that says it is isn't possible.

Literally anything is is possible if you can find the belief that is holding you back and negate it.
edit on 30-3-2017 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I seriously hope you and your family aren't getting possessed by demons.

Its important to believe in Christ and use prayer to ward off the negs especially when they come into your own home. Do you have any white sage? You wont need it. Instead pray and hope for the best.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I had the very same experience many years ago. It was about a week after

I had given birth and two friends and my mother were visiting so I took the

opportunity to go and have a rest in bed, when I had that very experience

word for word.

I went into the living room and described my experience to them, I don't

think they or others I have since told ever fully understood, but its a moot

point as I know what happened.. It was real to me ...end of story.

I have never had that experience again,I rarely speak of it as if I do, people

look at me as if I am mad, and I can live without that!! I know

And just as an aside .... I am an atheist, who (my whole spirit/being) lives

in the body I recognise when I look in the mirror.

edit on 30-3-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

It's a weird one atheism and spiritual subjects, I suppose I fit into the same category as you describe. I believe there is something after death, but it's not the same something as written in the bible or any other religious books. I do not believe in heaven or hell and demons are of our own making.

I guess it's closer to fringe science, that somehow after the physical body dies our energy survives to lurk around and find another skeleton to occupy. I lean towards the simulation argument more than any creationist arguments, but then it always begs the question, who created the simulation? And does that make them a god?

All very bizarre things to be thinking about in my last hour of work, but there we go!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Some of these comments... lol

I used to go out of body while awake ALL the time when I was younger. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to fly like Superman, explore inner and outer space, change shape, summon historical/fictional characters to converse with, have amazing sex, talk to animals, etc. I've had the most amazing and enlightening experiences while out of body. I'm a better person for it. It's a literal expansion of consciousness.

Demonic possession, lol! ffs

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It's very eye opening to hear so many people have had that experience. Two good nights, no flying around! While I appreciate all the advice and info, I have done a little research and it seems teenagers, the very tired, and emotionally charged individuals seem to experience the most spontaneous episodes. I think you could look at that in several different ways, including medical, spiritual, or metaphysical.

Since I am not a Christian, it is difficult for me to view possession or demonic influence. I grew up as a pastor's daughter...Independent Baptist, ala Duggar clan (my family is from Florida and attended the wedding of the eldest and his wife...I could tell you some stories about her family!)...and came to realize that it wasn't for me. I'm not a hypocrite and didn't want to pretend to believe something I didn't. So I'm not too concerned about demons and the like but I am concerned about self interspection and becoming frightened of something that is abnormally normal.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ia reply to: eletheia

Thank you for sharing that. I, too, have had some very odd experiences that I really don't share...that's why I joined here. It has been a mixed bag; some people allow you to get it of your chest and just join in your conversation while others say it can't be true and try to hijack your very belief.

Again, thank you. It seems a precursor..or one of many..to spontaneous OBEs seems to be exhaustion and emotional changes. A new baby will sure do both!!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ultimafule

Thank you for your response. It makes me feel better to know it's not so crazy. Funny enough, this has strengthened our relationship. I have had crazy experiences in life and he always laughed them off or thought I was loco! He didn't believe in anything paranormal, or most things, although he did have a strange experience not too long after we moved to our new home.

A couple of years ago, he and a few friends were out in the early evening. They were, I think, on their way to a football meeting or banquet...something for football. He called me and said that he and his friends had just seen a UFO. I didn't believe him, mainly because I thought he was joking with me. But, all of his friends were calling their parents and you could hear them freaking out. He said it was triangle, made no noise, and was the size of several football fields. But that's the ONLY other thing strange that he's ever spoken of.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join