It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White women criticized for wearing hoop earrings because the style results from the 'oppression

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

One should really check out all the inventions and more in belows quote and especially the actual link! More than just refrigeration.

Frederick McKinley Jones was born in Cincinnati, Ohio on May 17, 1893. Growing up as an orphan and not attending school beyond grade eight, Jones was ultimately to become one of the most prolific black inventors. His genius, as well as his skill and knowledge of mechanical and electrical devices, is evidenced by his 60 patents in divergent fields. Forty of those patents were related to refrigeration. Jones invented the first practical and automatic refrigeration unit for trucks, which eliminated the problem of food spoilage over long hauls, thus making fresh produce available over wide areas. Subsequently, the unit was adapted to a variety of other carriers, including ships and railway cars. His invention facilitated the development of international markets for food crops; led to the creation of total industries such as frozen foods, fast foods and container shipping; and altered consumers' eating habits.

Source Link

That is why I say, creative critism is good for innovation advancement! It empowers one to expand on their initial idea to become incite their competiveness to improve their ideas.
edit on 3 28 2017 by CynConcepts because: Fixed link

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

less than a dozen women complain about hoop earrings and we have a thread about it

Well, there have been topics of less consequence...why click on the thread?

...oh....your avatar says it all...an "amazing SJW"

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Your link doesn't work....Otis was still the inventor....Miles got a patent in 1887

en.wikipedia.org...

He was awarded the patent, U.S. Patent 371,207, on October 11, 1887.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

What the hell are they on about, Hoop ear ring's go right back in human history and in every culture, they do not have there origin's in oppression but in human expression.

This is simply and very clearly a racist policy and most definitely NOT an anti racist policy and as such it severely need's to be addressed, who ever or WHATEVER made this decision need's to be removed from the human gene pool pronto along with the NAZI's as they are just the same kind of scum.

Crazy Ewok this make's my blood boil as much as it does your's, idiot's is the only thing I can call them but that very much does not encapsulate my feeling of insult on behalf of there victim's and it does not show the utter disdain I hold for these idiot's.

edit on 28-3-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

If you only knew...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

By the same logic, blacks should revert to slavery, it's cultural appropiation to usurp democracy and conduct themselves in a free and open society.

All Asians should immediately revert to their traditional attire, western fashion is cultural appropriation.

Anyone other than Germans should immediately revert to Horse and Cart, only Germans can drive cars, all other cultures have usurped the German system of transportation.

I could literally do this all day because pulling out full-retard examples to compare to the full retard example is easy.
edit on 28-3-2017 by Sublimecraft because: grammar

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Do they realize non whites using the n-word could be considered cultural appropriation, by their standards? These things are ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Does anyone want to tell these retards that hooped earings and winged eyeliner predate the Egyptians and have been a part of every world culture since people practiced bodily beautification? or should I? Oh, never mind. I really need to save my oxygen for more important things.

These are the same folks who think white people invented slavery. That's modern liberal edumakation for you.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Okay, you win. I can ride elevators again. Anymore nits to pick?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So now we have time to complain about the size of earring a woman is wearing.

Glad alllllllll the other issues in the world have been taken care of!

I see what you are saying, but I also think it is a combination of all these piddly little things that add up and contribute to the bigger picture of today. The "death by a thousand tiny cuts"

I think you misunderstood my comment: it was not about the thread being created about the article, but rather the fact that we as a society have come so far and fixed so many of our problems that we can now complain about the size of earring a woman chooses to wear rather than complain about things like perpetual war, famine, etc.

I don't disagree with the rest of your comment, though, and appreciate your keeping an even tone with your comment.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I didn't even know I was in a contest...just doing some learning myself along the way.....its all good

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

less than a dozen women complain about hoop earrings and we have a thread about it

Well, there have been topics of less consequence...why click on the thread?

...oh....your avatar says it all...an "amazing SJW"

No...that would be a real Social Justice Warrior like Martin Luther King and Ghandi...you know...not what the media is leaving you to believe are the modern day social justice warriors. Deny ignorance my man.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: amazing
But again this thread like so many others.

of the Billions of people on this planet, less than a dozen women complain about hoop earrings and we have a thread about it?

LOL

The fake outrage is the real story here. Methinks it's just a good opportunity to use the word "Libtard".

Except for the fact MSM reported on this....

And yes, it is the perfect use of Libtard considering how wrong the argument is and the origin of hoop earrings.

But this is the problem. Like if 3 people riot during a protest, they're all rioters. If one Feminist has a meltdown, then all feminists are bad. If one Democrat cries on the street then all democrats are crybabies.

Since when did we start labeling whole groups of people off of the actions of a very, very small few.

And this is why I commented on this thread. It's not this one thing. it's everything these days.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

But my point still stands, why hang around if its not important?
your words....

less than a dozen women complain about hoop earrings and we have a thread about it? LOL

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

But my point still stands, why hang around if its not important?
your words....

less than a dozen women complain about hoop earrings and we have a thread about it? LOL

The overall implication of us labeling whole demographics off the the actions of one person or a few people is the issue. That's why I'm hanging around. This is a discussion we need to have. And obviously we all keep falling into the same trap because we keep making threads like this. Keep up.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Why oh my, why my big hoop earring are now a darn issue?

Why oh my, why everything this days is a big issue for the good for nothing spoon fed new generation?

I will exclude my children and the children of parents that knew how to make sure that their children know the realities of life the extend and shortcoming of their abilities and how make the best of what they have and forget that they will never have what they were not born with, and that their children didn't grew up thinking they are special but only to their parents.

Leave my hoops alone.

edit on 28-3-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Why oh my, why my big hoop earring are now a darn issue?

Why oh my, why everything this days is a big issue for the good for nothing spoon fed new generation?

I will exclude my children and the children of parents that knew how to make sure that their children know the realities of life the extend and shortcoming of their abilities and how make the best of what they have and forget that they will never have what they were not born with, and that their children didn't grew up thinking they are special.

Leave my hoops alone.

But that's just it. IT's not a big issue. Like 6 people care about your hoop earings. LOL

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I have three sizes, small, medium and hugeeee.

I wear then depending how I feel and how big my hoops should be any give day.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

They'll have to pry my shiny gold hoops from my cold, dead ears. And my shiny silver hoops----and copper hoops.

I'm as disgusted with this notion as I am that some idiots have decided that the color of the clothing I wear reflects my political positions.... Leave fashion out of politics---please.

Addition: Yeah, I wear leather and fur too. And shiny rocks mined from deep in the earth. Women have done this sort of thing for literally thousands of years so who am I (or they) to tell anyone what is correct. These children have too much free time on their hands, they need to go pick up trash on public streets or something useful.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Hahaha this kinda story makes you realize that some people just like to hear themselves speak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join